Load screen freezes?

Xavier0080

Has anyone else had a problem with the game hanging when trying to reload a checkpoint? I had no issue with this on my first playthrough, but every single time I die now on Zealot, the game hangs trying to reload my checkpoint. I've waited like 2 minutes before and nothing, and am forced to dashboard. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

I had the problem during Chapter 1, but it stopped after I got my first RIG, the RIOT ELITE, which is by far the most badass looking with the Zealot suit. It seems to have something to do with checkpoints :

1) If your last checkpoint is a saved game, it freezes.

2) If it is a real checkpoint, it's OK.

At least for me.

I'm glad I haven't started my Zealot playthrough yet. How many people on this thread have DS 2 installed to thier hard drive and this freeze still happens?

I have it installed, and that's why i'm in this thread. I'm glad i'm not the only one. Fix this shit Visceral!

It happens to me too, every single time I die. It either doesn't load the checkpoint or it loads it but one of my weapons completely disappears and I cannot use it. It's driving me crazy, because I'm on my Zealot run and because of this bug I basically cannot use checkpoints.

PS: I don't have the game installed.

infinite loading screens happen to me too, like maybe 4 times during my 1st playthrough on Normal....I just started Zealot,,,I die right way running in my straight jacket....infinite loading...reset....I die in 1 hit in the stasis tutorial, infinite loading.....I was thinking it was my xbox cause it sounds and buzzes like an old fridge. Not installed.

It;s not just me I see. Still I'm gonna buy a new XBOX, the slim model.

This has happened to me too. I'm currently on Chapter 10, and it's started "looping" on the loading screen every time i die and go back to the checkpoint. I have tried installing it on the hard drive, but still have this problem. I am currently playing on an xbox slim. The game has been fine up until this point, however it did freeze once during a fight with an Infector. I was pounced by it and mashed A, then just as Isaac was about to rip the probe off the game froze. I was worried it might be a sign of a glitchy game, i guess this is the case now i'm getting loading screen looping. I'm also playing on Zealot difficulty if that matters.

Maybe this issue can be patched away.

Exact same thing here. Die/Want to reload Checkpoint, and it either infinitely loads, or reloads with missing weapon(s). I don't have mine installed, but it is agreed that Visceral needs to patch this. This has happened to me... I'd say approximately 20 times already. This is happening to me on Casual, seeing as how my second playthrough is devoted to mopping up missing cheevos.

Edited by Refined Suicide

Found this on the official Dead Space forums courtesy of grimreject27.

happened to me i resolved it by taking the download content that fills your safe box and selling back all those extra weapons, turns out if the box is too full with that stuff it won't reload right.

I am right at the final boss and nowhere near a shop so unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to test this. Hope it helps somebody.

Just tried taking the DLC Zealot Force Gun out of storage by selling and that seems to have fixed the problem. Hit reload checkpoint about 10 times without coming back weaponless, and got myself killed 5 times without having to dashboard to continue. So it deffinatly would seem the game needs a patch to allow you to hold on to the DLC items.

Just tried taking the DLC Zealot Force Gun out of storage by selling and that seems to have fixed the problem. Hit reload checkpoint about 10 times without coming back weaponless, and got myself killed 5 times without having to dashboard to continue. So it deffinatly would seem the game needs a patch to allow you to hold on to the DLC items.

Glad to see it worked. I have reports that it worked for a player on trueachievements.com too. I would definately agree they need a patch. this just started happening to me yesterday, has it happened to anyone else prior to yesterday (2/1/11)?

Exact same thing here. Die/Want to reload Checkpoint, and it either infinitely loads, or reloads with missing weapon(s). I don't have mine installed, but it is agreed that Visceral needs to patch this. This has happened to me... I'd say approximately 20 times already. This is happening to me on Casual, seeing as how my second playthrough is devoted to mopping up missing cheevos.

This is pretty much exactly what has been happening to me as well. I'm on my second play through playing on Survivalist for mopping up achievements but the re-loading checkpoint freezing has started for me and also reloading with out my weapon. This gets pretty old fast when i keep having to back out to the dashboard and reloading the game. I don't have the game installed either, but I am hoping for a fix as well...not a fan of the idea of the game freezing on me while doing my hardcore run :-\

• 2 months later...
It happens to me too, every single time I die. It either doesn't load the checkpoint or it loads it but one of my weapons completely disappears and I cannot use it. It's driving me crazy, because I'm on my Zealot run and because of this bug I basically cannot use checkpoints.

PS: I don't have the game installed.

This is the exact same thing that is happening to me, except I am on my first play through on casual, on chapter 13! Any one found a fix or know if there is going to be a patch?