TF2 Achievement Glitch!

Was Playing there With Some Guys and they had the Server Modded Up.

Flashes of Alyx from Half Life 2 popped up on the Screen and then it went into 3rd Person Mode.

Then All of a Sudden all my TF2 Achievements popped up.

Didnt know the had something like they have in Fallout 3 where you can Add Achievements?

• 1 month later...

I havent seen that glitch happen yet but lately when I have been playing I have encountered cheaters. There was a person I played in several different matches who cannot be killed. I didnt think much of it at first until me and several team mates were unloading into him and he doesnt die. His lifebar is always empty and he always kills you. He has been the only cheater I have found but when I went to report him his GT is no where to be found. His name in game was Zombie but there is no one on either team with that name and no one on my recently played list by that name. Damn Cheaters!

He has been the only cheater I have found but when I went to report him his GT is no where to be found. His name in game was Zombie but there is no one on either team with that name and no one on my recently played list by that name. Damn Cheaters!

They modded their gamertag, if you highlight them ingame on the match leaderboard and select view gamercard you get their actual gamertag, then feel free to avoid, report and whatever else you wish to do.

I saw it mostly in MW2 when JTAG'ing was abundent, its rare these days cause usually JTAG's get caught within mere hours, but i have seen it a ,aybe 2-3 times in the last 4-5 months.

If you ever do see someone like this again though you will hopefully know what to do :)

(It's very likely that the person you came up against though has already been banned or had action taken against them though. And most gamertags that look too good to be true, usually are ;) )

Be vigilant and report the scum that infests our online antics, if you cant play fair (by fair i mean without glitching/hacking) then stop playing online games, its not big, its not clever and you may have a laugh, but we get the last laugh after you get GT banned or Console Banned, not so funny when you have to fork out for a new XBL sub or Console?

Edited by Killerchronic
typos and added some shiz

• 4 weeks later...

This happened to me today as well. I loaded up my first game of TF2 ever (just bought the Orange Box last week) and immediately all 17 popped up.

Does anybody know if a gamertag could be suspended/banned for this? I'd hate to lose 3 years of achievements, not to mention half a year of a Live subscription and countless DLC purchases just because I happened to join the wrong game.

• 2 weeks later...
This happened to me today as well. I loaded up my first game of TF2 ever (just bought the Orange Box last week) and immediately all 17 popped up.

Does anybody know if a gamertag could be suspended/banned for this? I'd hate to lose 3 years of achievements, not to mention half a year of a Live subscription and countless DLC purchases just because I happened to join the wrong game.

Think as long as you didn't maliciously try to advert the system you are fine. Meaning you haven't messed with your hardware

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I made a thread yesterday about the same thing.

I don't think valve cares about the hackers, which is a shame.

It's not that they don't care, it's that microsoft has make patching the game difficult. Valve has given the PC and Mac versions of TF2 tons of love, I'd check it out if you haven't.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
it would be nice if it would happen to me..

i dont want to make 1000kills for the hardcore acheev ~.~

Me too, only have 600 kills but the more I play it, the more I start to hate it, it's just nothing but frustration. I like the classes and the maps, but I just hate playing it, Portal and Half-Life are awesome, it's just TF2 that lets down the whole box in my opinion. It's things like always being put on the losing team and shooting someone multiple times with a rocket only to get smacked by a baseball bat and instantly die. Hopefully I can boost the rest with a friend soon.

Edited by Chaz Of Sparta