My Only COmplaint About this Game

davidmerrell

Catwomans combat. My god, she is absolutely worthless when comfronted by 2-3 dudes with guns. Batman has a few tools at his disposal to take care of a situation like this but not her. Minor complaint though. Oh and I guess I have one other complaint that is a bit more annoying. Why is it that the grapling is pretty off on this game? Sometimes its spot on but at least half the time the RB indicator does not appear where you are actually aiming. Also alot of the time I will be trying to grapel the ledge in front of me and instead he grapels something to the left, right, behind, or something even a mile away. lol I wouldnt mind seeing a patch that makes grappling a bit more accurate. Awesome game though. I cant stop playing. My favorite game of the year so far by far. These riddler challenges are just awesome.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well Im getting a little more used to the combat but the gun dudes are just a pain in the ass with her. As far as regular combat I think she is a little better, because of her speed. I may actually get my 50 hit combo with her when I get around to her. She does not get around worth a shit though. If she could glide it would help.

Catwoman is built for SPEED and stealth, [strength really doesn't matter] as she takes on hordes of people with her Quick Disarm/Caltrops/Bola functions. I got some 87+ hit combo with her in the story. [i don't like her grapple/wall climb timing].

I agree about the grappling, ArkAsylum had that issue as well. Although my problem with the grappling in this game, was that it made me fall through the levels/buildings a number of times.

Edited by BKV

Cat Woman is fine. Period.

(Unless you're one of those getting the corrupt DLC message).

I take it you have three medals on Hell's Gate extreme with her then? That puts you in the top 50 of XBL. Her inability to break weapons or rodeo on titans makes her not fun at all on some maps. By round 4 of Hell's Gate extreme every goon will have a baton or riot shield and thus be uncounterable and unstrikable from front. She may be "fine" in some regards but she is woefully imbalanced overall.

Without a grapnel or smoke she's got no out on Predator sequences. Of course that's all trial and error so who cares but yeah, more imbalance.

I actually find catwoman to be the better fighter. Whenever I play as hear and continually get combos of 50 or more that I just can't do with batman. batman is just a little slower so he can dodge some attacks quick enough. However his gadgets make him more versatile against dudes with guns and his grapple n glide combo allows you to enter and escape situations very fast.

I actually find catwoman to be the better fighter. Whenever I play as hear and continually get combos of 50 or more that I just can't do with batman. batman is just a little slower so he can dodge some attacks quick enough. However his gadgets make him more versatile against dudes with guns and his grapple n glide combo allows you to enter and escape situations very fast.

She is not. Beating up pockets of thugs in the storyline is no way to judge. Fire up the Combat Master campaign and then try to say that Catwoman is the better fighter. She's terrible.

She is not. Beating up pockets of thugs in the storyline is no way to judge. Fire up the Combat Master campaign and then try to say that Catwoman is the better fighter. She's terrible.

100% agree. If people think she is better than batman that is their opinion obviously but that dont make it right. Batmans gadgets make him the superior combatant by far. Dealing with alot of enemies with weapons and shields is a pain in the ass with catwoman. I wish Batman had her speed though.

I take it you have three medals on Hell's Gate extreme with her then? That puts you in the top 50 of XBL. Her inability to break weapons or rodeo on titans makes her not fun at all on some maps. By round 4 of Hell's Gate extreme every goon will have a baton or riot shield and thus be uncounterable and unstrikable from front. She may be "fine" in some regards but she is woefully imbalanced overall.

Without a grapnel or smoke she's got no out on Predator sequences. Of course that's all trial and error so who cares but yeah, more imbalance.

I stand by what I said. Catts is fine. She was made to be played differently and that is that. She can run circles around Titans too just so you know. Sounds like someone's getting angry at Hell's Gate Extreme, lol..

I only have two minor gripes about this game: 1) the game can't seem to save my 3D video settings and 2) when a download for anything completes from XBL marketplace, it boots you to the Press Start screen since it assumes it's a DLC for the game (was downloading two videos), and because of that complaint #1 kicks in every time (yes, I have to set my 3D options over and over every time I end up back at the Press Start screen).

I stand by what I said. Catts is fine. She was made to be played differently and that is that. She can run circles around Titans too just so you know. Sounds like someone's getting angry at Hell's Gate Extreme, lol..

I havent played the combat challenges yet but if its anything like shok and awe extreme was on arkham asylum then I know I will hate it. lol

She is not bad you just need to tinker with her a bit more. Use her quick weapons. Shes quick and you have to use that to your advantage too. Also evading is smart with her, you may lose a combo but you can easily re-start one.

Catwoman is fine when you are talking about medals that you don't have.

I havent played the combat challenges yet but if its anything like shok and awe extreme was on arkham asylum then I know I will hate it. lol

Extreme challenges are just like the first game. They seperate the men from the boys.

Catwoman is fine when you are talking about medals that you don't have.

Excuse me? Medals I do have.

yah i'm here searching for catwoman's strategy for taking down shield/stun rod/ armor guys together... they are really annoying when they all come at the same time. I found caltraps works, but it's not a very good thing to keep my combo up... anyone got hint? I like to play as catwoman coz she's hot, and plus she's harder to play as compared to batman, and if u get a higher score, u're definetly the skilled player. Batman's got too many stuff making him easy to play with... I like challenges~

yah i'm here searching for catwoman's strategy for taking down shield/stun rod/ armor guys together... they are really annoying when they all come at the same time. I found caltraps works, but it's not a very good thing to keep my combo up... anyone got hint? I like to play as catwoman coz she's hot, and plus she's harder to play as compared to batman, and if u get a higher score, u're definetly the skilled player. Batman's got too many stuff making him easy to play with... I like challenges~

I'd say thats incorrect, catwoman is actually much easier to get points with in combat challenges, they are np. It's the predator challenges that are nigh impossible. Go try extreme top of the world, you may punch a hole in something.