Pete the Invincible

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.. his corrosive attack just destroys me,..

You can dodge this Attack by simple breaking the Line of Sight :)

I make for the most farming Bosses (Terra / Hyp / Pete) new Videos after the Bee / CC Patch.

For you, Pete with breaking the LoS.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kprxqwpAc8]Borderlands 2 - Pyro Pete the Invincible - Solo - Zer0 - Sand Hawk - After Bee / CC Patch - Guide HD - YouTube[/ame]

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Are you all joking? RIGHT???

I mean...Hyperious and Master Gee I get it, they were tough motherf*ckers. But Pete??? Friking Pete???

There´s two valves in the place to make waterfalls to stop the elemental damage he does, that makes him powerless as long as you keep moving and avoiding him.

In my 4 players 2.5 game, we found the valves on our third try, he died that same try, no problem, none of us wearing The Bee by the way. And I solo him pretty much relaxed with my 100% melee Zer0, the stupid guy keep attacking the decoy, then I come on a backstab with my plus 200% melee damage rifle assault (the one in the pirate DLC, crappy gun, nice melee bonus), and if he summon anything, BOHO!! One hit every single one is dead, thanks for refilling my health suckers, then come back to Pete.

Seriously, SERIOUSLY, this one is the crappiest Invincible of all, and people talking about The Bee and glitches to kill him... give me a break, I´m NOT a hardcore player and I din´t find him difficult at all after find out about the water valves. Give the game a chance and your skills, come up with an strategy and find out for yourselves how much easy this guy can be if you know how to manage him.

Are you all joking? RIGHT???

I mean...Hyperious and Master Gee I get it, they were tough motherf*ckers. But Pete??? Friking Pete???

There´s two valves in the place to make waterfalls to stop the elemental damage he does, that makes him powerless as long as you keep moving and avoiding him.

In my 4 players 2.5 game, we found the valves on our third try, he died that same try, no problem, none of us wearing The Bee by the way. And I solo him pretty much relaxed with my 100% melee Zer0, the stupid guy keep attacking the decoy, then I come on a backstab with my plus 200% melee damage rifle assault (the one in the pirate DLC, crappy gun, nice melee bonus), and if he summon anything, BOHO!! One hit every single one is dead, thanks for refilling my health suckers, then come back to Pete.

Seriously, SERIOUSLY, this one is the crappiest Invincible of all, and people talking about The Bee and glitches to kill him... give me a break, I´m NOT a hardcore player and I din´t find him difficult at all after find out about the water valves. Give the game a chance and your skills, come up with an strategy and find out for yourselves how much easy this guy can be if you know how to manage him.

i agree with you 100%. i actually just beat him for the first time today (as well as my first 5 times haha) and he has to be the easiest invincible boss in the game. easier than terramorphous, who is pretty damn easy.

still havent killed hyperious or master gee. still havent killed vermavorous. and still havent killed the new raid boss in the hammerlock dlc (not dexiduous, who was very easy as well, the other one that you actually need to beat for a mission).

like i said pete is a joke. didnt even use a any real powerful weapons, just like some regular assault rifle and the bitch smg with the bee shield (not alkaline).

I agree with axel 360. I beat Hyperious, Master G, & Pyro Pete (w/o valves) by myself and no "bee" shield. I used a level 50 siren and adjusted skill tree for each. It wasn't easy, but doable. I approach all bosses mini or otherwise w/a stragegy that's needed to defeat them. Allot of "gamers" seem to want easy. What's the fun in that?

• 3 months later...

God, how bullshit is the Pete fight now? I don't ever remember having more trouble with Spiderants than Pete himself at lvl 50 but now at 61 those fuckers make this fight a nightmare for me. I can't keep my Bee up after 2-3 waterfalls because they're ten levels higher than myself and that's assuming I can even get IN to the water because they're always in the fucking way. If it were Pete only this would be no trouble but the bastards that are meant to be a 2nd wind are a bigger threat.

• 3 weeks later...
I've gotta ask, Yesterday, I spent some hours just farming Pete and after beating him 3 time in a row, he never dropped one Crystal, what gives? Did they patch that now too? Does he not drop crystals anymore? Thanks

Only on Ultimate mode.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been able to farm him (for Sereph crystals) in UVHM using the ledge glitch. When he does his final transformation into Pyrocaustic Pete, you can burn him down with corrosive weapons, which I would not have expected.

Solo'd with 72 commando (no OP, but dual turrets w/rockets) w/Bee. Used Twister (from the loot hunt) and Miss Moxxi's Crit to burn his shields down then just kept throwing damage at him. I've had a couple of runs at him where I never opened a single valve.

• 2 months later...

Sure, old post but I still gotta ask... Been trying to use the hiding place behind the pipes, works nice until Petes down to like 50%. But then I seem to get both acid AND fire on me, and no matter how many times I switch anti-corrosive/burning Bee shields I wont stop take damage. Like a minute later I'm dead as dead gets