Difficulty achievements do not stack

I just finished playing through the game on hard difficulty and I only got the achievement for hard difficulty. So it will take 3 playthroughs to 1k this game. Honestly it's ridiculous, it's different if it's actually a decent game but this game is not worth me playing through three times just to 1k it. Anybody actually willing to play through this game three times?

How long does it take to beat this steaming pile? If I'm willing to suffer wading hip deep through this shit for a full 1000, can I at least do it in a day and put it behind me forever, or is this "walking barefoot through broken glass" gonna take me 10+ of the longest hours of my life?

It takes about 5ish hrs to get through it. Thankfully you don't have to watch the cutscenes. Don't get me wrong. It's not that horrible of a story, and I played it through on Medium difficulty the first round. I'll go back to this title when I've got nothing else to play for the other 2 achievments, ease and hard. The one thing I noticed about this game was it's remarkably easy to memorize so going through it agin shouldn't be that hard.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It's really not that bad. I did Hard in like, 6 hours. I got everything but the other two difficulty achievements and 'The Collector'. I'm almost done with my Medium play-through and it's taken me about 4 hours so far, with probably another hour to go. On Easy it should be significantly easier. I've just been putting music on and playing through, pausing on cut-scenes to browse forums, etc. It's not that bad if you just dedicate yourself for a day.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

I popped this game in with a general idea that I was going to be getting into a shit show, but wow this game is bad. Thought I would be able to bear playing through it 3 times since it shouldn't be difficult, but it kind of is when you factor in the crappy aim and the fact that you gotta save frequently. Falling off of a ladder and dying because your dude wouldn't grab the ladder is the most annoying thing in the world.