Wanted Posters: Secret Collectables Guide

Im stuck on 88 of 89 secrets. Im not 100% sure were im missing one but this might be a huge clue, On Chapter 2 you can only be Thomas and after completing the level it says i have 4 of 5 secrets, ive been through many times and each location is empty unless i have clearly missed the plot and looked in a wrong crate. Can anyone complete Chapter 2 and let me know if it says 5of5, or if it glitches at 4of5. Going insane

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This happen to me as well. Before I saw this post. Does this mean we don't get the achievement? Cause on that one chapter it says 4/5

Just wasted half an hour because of some really stupid desing decision on the game, so I'll post a warning here to prevente the same thing to happen with someone else.

If you get a wanted poster with one character (let's say Thomas), and then replay the level with the other character (in that case Ray), at the end your status will read for example 4/5 wanted posters collected.

I replayed a level twice thinking I missed something or that something went wrong with the game until I decided to give a go with the other character and my final stats were 1/5 wanted posters collected.

Really dumb design decision, if the posters vanish for both characters when you collect them, why the hell do they keep the status screen individual?

So, trust the guide and ignore what the game says when you finish a level :mad:

Clearly no one read the top of the first post. it doesn't matter if it says 4/5 or 1/5 if you replay a chapter with either brother. It's just telling you how many you have found in that run.

It's a stupid system which doesn't make sense but if you goto your achievements stats or general stats from the main menu you will see you have all the collectables. Just follow the guide make sure you pick up all collectables in the level and then progress once you have got them all.

ok thank you. great job with the pictures. they really help alot. :drunk

Clearly no one read the top of the first post. it doesn't matter if it says 4/5 or 1/5 if you replay a chapter with either brother. It's just telling you how many you have found in that run.

It's a stupid system which doesn't make sense but if you goto your achievements stats or general stats from the main menu you will see you have all the collectables. Just follow the guide make sure you pick up all collectables in the level and then progress once you have got them all.

I got them all thanks to your pictures! :drunk

This guide is poor compared to swaggers video/picture guide. This guide is not accurate nor precise enough. Ive lost count the amount of times ive missed a collectible due to the poor descriptions.

This guide is MUCH better.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=160683

swaggers guide.

Edited by aussiestatic

No offence to the guy who made this guide but it sucks compared to swaggers video/picture guide. This guide is not accurate nor precise enough. Ive lost count the amount of times ive missed a collectible due to the poor descriptions.

This guide is MUCH better.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=160683

swaggers guide.

You seem to be the only person who is having any real issues then. obviously the video guide is a far better option but i don't have the time to record videos like that.

Sorry your so angry about this guide, shame you can't contribute some useful information rather than just be negative. Hopefully in the future you can provide more extra helpful information for people.

You do have to remember this is well was the first collectibles guide to be made for this game with pictures and explanations. Either way enjoy the game and stop complaining about stuff, just next time please contribute some useful information or corrections.

Edited by Fizzmatix

I wasn't offended, would have be more helpful to provide corrected information though ;), now that i have a more involved role in this website i need to concentrate on that more than fixing the small errors on this.

If you have any explanations that would make this a better guide please do post them.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah there are a couple of desciptions that are pretty hard to follow, but with a bit of common sense, its not that hard.

One example that i can remember was: Chapter 5, Poster 5

Poster 5 - Near the top of the excavation you descend some wooden stairs that lead down to a small depression in the cavern with another set of stairs leading up nearby and seceral crates scattered around the stone floor. Look under one of the staircases to find a chest hidden among some barrels. Open the chest to collect the last secret of the chapter.

Just not specific enough, what stairs are you reffering to, are there are A LOT in that area. Even if you just put 'after the suspension bridge' it would have made it a heap easier to find.

Still i was able to nut it out eventually :)

Game is officially glitched... I'm getting the message that I'm missing 1 secret, and apparantelly chapter six tells me that I found 11 out of 12... we'll I ran through entire chapter doing all side missions and visited all of the places and it looks like I got all of that. F@CK!!

This may be a silly question but I would appreciate any answers.

Is there a way to work out on what chapter you have missed a secret? I have found 87/89 thanks to this guide, but cannot work out which ones I have missed.

Please tell me I dont have to go all the way through the game again to find the missing two.?.?

Game is officially glitched... I'm getting the message that I'm missing 1 secret, and apparantelly chapter six tells me that I found 11 out of 12... we'll I ran through entire chapter doing all side missions and visited all of the places and it looks like I got all of that. F@CK!!

It isn't glitched, plenty of people have unlocked it and i have unlocked the achievement twice on two different accounts without any issues. Your probably reading it wrong, you found 11 of 12 with one brother and picked up one poster with the other brother. Check swaggers image guide thing for a list of the things you missed or didn't miss.

This may be a silly question but I would appreciate any answers.

Is there a way to work out on what chapter you have missed a secret? I have found 87/89 thanks to this guide, but cannot work out which ones I have missed.

Please tell me I dont have to go all the way through the game again to find the missing two.?.?

Same as above use swaggers guide to find out what you missed.

My question was, is there anywhere that tells you what you have missed?

In other words, somewhere that tells you what chapter doesnt have all secrets found?

Sorry, but I have no idea what or who swagger is?

Edited by TAS

• 2 weeks later...

Description for Chapter 10 item #3 is a bit confusing. It says before you leave the area with the stuck wagon, look to the left for a waterfall & tent. The waterfall and tent are on the right (not the left) if you're facing the direction you're supposed to go when leaving that area.

It should probably say something more along the lines of:

After killing the sharpshooters and returning to the stuck wagon, look for a tent and chest on the left side of the tall waterfall that is right next to you.

Spent way more time looking for this than I should have and it was right in front of me the whole time... lol. There's actually a couple of waterfalls over to the left of the stuck wagon, which made that left/right mix-up even more confusing.

Overall, pretty decent guide. I've been thrown for a loop a few times by confusing descriptions, but that was the first one where I had to look at a completely different guide to figure out the mistake.