Does anyone else think this game has terrible achievements?

balance13

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, I am currently stuck on the two achievements that require nothing but blind luck. Gang's All Here and Look What I Found. It's even more frustrating because this was one of the few games I bought DLC for and I would love to have been able to complete this game...

But umm yeah pretty crappy achievements overall.

• 3 weeks later...

No list is perfect, they threw in some variety and had good names for some of the player specific... Most sports games' lists look the same year after year, this was a nice change of pace, barring the randomly lucky ones... but a lot of games have achievements that require blind luck rather than skill. Maybe not so popular, but they are still going to be there. They could have just cut and pasted 08 or 09 for 10, but they came up with something different. I actually think they did a good job trying to keep things fresh, and not repetitively boring. 150 rushing yards, 300 passing, no interceptions, 5 TD's, 4 sacks, blah blah...

Achievements...psh. They'd may as well call them Accidents. Like I'm going to get a 7 man tackle any other way than completely randomly.

It's their way to keep you playing alot, and playing online, not to mention buying their stupid DLC. Like 60 bucks wasn't enough for them already. 60 bucks for a rehash of the same game we've been playing for a decade.

Tiburon has everyone fooled.

Well now that I've played and gotten all of the offline ones I must say they were not that bad. Also none of them seemed all that difficult if you just take the time to set things up to get the "luck" achievements it's pretty easy. Also remember to use max rewinds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the achievements in Madden '10. Generally speaking though, the achievements for most games suck. At least in my opinion.

On a positive note I do like the presentation for Madden this year. It's kinda been the same since 03 and they finally mixed it up enough so it at least looks like a new game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Most of the cheevos weren't horrible (tho weird) but I hated the few that were pretty random like the gang's all here took me off & on til today to get while the fumble recovery pile up I got kinda quickly. If they required skill great but this random cheevos on any game sux.