Batting Challenge 6

GunnerJjb

Hey,

Has anyone else been struggling with this challenge? I've been attempting it for ages and sometimes I get close and they get caught by a stupid defensive shot edge.

If anyone has any tips on how to do this challenge please tell me.

How about: 'Don't loft the ball.'

• 2 weeks later...

I struggled with this. Tried the 48 early and then defend, but found I would edge. I got it in the end by figuring out where to hit the ball and not relying so much on luck. There are two bowlers, one bowls wide to the right, the other closer to the stumps. Just leave anything wide to the right. If he gets one near-ish the stumps, just defend. You can easily score all your runs off the other bowler, with no risk. As he bowls it in simply push your left stick up so you are playing behind you to the LEFT. There are no fielders here so you will not be caught out to an edge or a catch, so timing becomes less important, therefore minimising risk. As soon as I figured this out I sailed through my overs :)

Worked for me, good luck.

I struggled with this. Tried the 48 early and then defend, but found I would edge. I got it in the end by figuring out where to hit the ball and not relying so much on luck. There are two bowlers, one bowls wide to the right, the other closer to the stumps. Just leave anything wide to the right. If he gets one near-ish the stumps, just defend. You can easily score all your runs off the other bowler, with no risk. As he bowls it in simply push your left stick up so you are playing behind you to the LEFT. There are no fielders here so you will not be caught out to an edge or a catch, so timing becomes less important, therefore minimising risk. As soon as I figured this out I sailed through my overs :)

Worked for me, good luck.

You're a legend! You get 4s off the number 12 pretty much every single time! Achievement unlocked 1st time using this method :D :drunk

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This was my final achievement for the game! Tried doing all the training before achievements before starting the game but i sucked at this 1!

What i finally did was leave every ball that was going away from the stumps and anything that was straight/looking like hitting the stumps i played down the ground (loft or normal shot). I did defend a few shots but not to many as edging was a major problem when i started!

• 2 months later...

I struggled with this for a while. Even tried the "build up runs then defend" tactic. Got to 3 balls away from it, and the batsman lifted his bat, I never realised and got run out. :mad:

Ended up attacking it more. With the bowler who bowled on top of the batsman, I would smash it for 6, with the other bowler, I was hitting it across the floor in a small gap to the right, going for 4. Only took 3 tries at doing it that way and it worked. :woop:

Not sure if it will work for anyone else, but just thought I'd post it here. :)

• 1 month later...

I found the best way was to hit the fuller bowler for 4 straight down the ground timing the shot earlier than usual bowlers. If I got through the over without getting out I would have gotten 20 or so runs. Then for the other bowler only hitting to the left with 'A' behind the batsman if he bowled on the stumps. Otherwise just leave him. Once I got enough runs I just blocked the more dangerous bowler and I got the achievement.