"Sage" Achievement Glitched!?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-10878-Assassin-s-Creed--Revelations-Title-Update-Coming-Next-Week--Finally-Fixes-Glitched-Sage-Achievement.html

The patch is now live, you can unlock the achievement properly.

Thanks you so much Ubisoft.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ictVJRqUQSA&feature=g-upl&context=G293ab56AUAAAAAAAAAA]Assassin's Creed Revelations - "Sage" Achievement Glitched? - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by ParoXysm QC

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it's glitched. The 1.0.2 patch released yesterday (December 20th) appears to have made the achievement unobtainable.

If you don't already have all the books, you can delete the update from your harddrive and clear the cache (the update is stored within the ACR section under games) and play offline to get the books.

I just bought all the books today and learned of the glitch afterwards... I've tried playing without the patch and redoing the book quests but I haven't gotten any luck. It seems that if you already have the books but not the achievement your only options are to wait for a new patch that hopefully fixes it or replay the game up until memory 7 offline without downloading the patch again...

Yes it's glitched. The 1.0.2 patch released yesterday (December 20th) appears to have made the achievement unobtainable.

If you don't already have all the books, you can delete the update from your harddrive and clear the cache (the update is stored within the ACR section under games) and play offline to get the books.

I just bought all the books today and learned of the glitch afterwards... I've tried playing without the patch and redoing the book quests but I haven't gotten any luck. It seems that if you already have the books but not the achievement your only options are to wait for a new patch that hopefully fixes it or replay the game up until memory 7 offline without downloading the patch again...

I thought I was the only one with this glitch but it appears I was wrong. I contacted Ubisoft and explained my situation and that someone told me this was because of the recent patch. I'll let you know what's their answer in this thread.

I'm hoping that they make the achievement unlock retroactively if you already have all the books. I don't wanna spend hours trying to rack up loads of money again just to get the achievement.

I hope so as well. It's not only having to reach the 7th sequence, you also need to master all 7 assassins to be able to renovate as many stores as possible and then wait a couple of days to earn 450,000$! It would be a pain in the ass to recomplete all this instead of playing all the awesome games that just came out!

I was suppose to sell this today to buy Skyrim but it seems I'll have to wait....

You're selling it? I mean that's cool and all, are you doing the DLC as well? January is going to have more achievements for the game bringing the total gamerscore to 1250...just so you know on that part. The next pack will be released near the end of that month, for 800MSP. And I wouldn't doubt more DLC in the future passed that point man.

Damn now im caught in this as well.As for making money easy I know of one to make money very easy. You can get about 12000 - 15000 (not sure how much exactly) acke or whatever the currency every time. What you have to do is reach the point where you meet Piri Reis and can buy and sell from him. Now what you do is go into his shop and access the bomb crafting station then exit the place and reenter and reaccess the station. Repeat this until you have full components from what you recieve from opening the crafting station then just sell them to the guy and rinse and repeat.:)

I recommend everyone who has suffered this glitch contact Ubisoft, when more folks have the issue the better the chance they'll fix this with an additional patch. I haven't gotten the game yet but I know I'd hate to go all that way only to have the game glitch on me...I may need to get most of the books, make a backup save, then collect the rest of the books to see if it unlocks. If it's a no go, then I'll hold onto the backup save and wait on that patch.

I don't want to earn it offline, I like timestamps now =) it helps me know when I got something whenever I go back to gander at my achievement log.

You're selling it? I mean that's cool and all, are you doing the DLC as well? January is going to have more achievements for the game bringing the total gamerscore to 1250...just so you know on that part. The next pack will be released near the end of that month, for 800MSP. And I wouldn't doubt more DLC in the future passed that point man.

Actually this is an awesome game but it's also very similar to the previous ones and I don't really feel like playing this game anymore.

A couple of months back, I was keeping all my games to buy all possible DLC but I realised that they were way too expensive. I decided to only complete the original game.

oh man if i had known this just a couple of minutes ago i could have avoided this :(

well, sorry about that but welcome to the forum.That was your first post;).

Don't have this game yet but im most likely getting it for christmas so I'll just play it offline. Well until all i need is the multiplayer achievements and then i can sell it.

The offline technique definitely works as I got the Sage achievement today, Thankfully I noticed this thread last night while I was trying to await for funds to build up to buy the last book.

The update also seemed to have an affect on the Craft Maniac achievement for me too as I had built more than 30 bombs without getting the achuevement but first attempt with the patch deleted and offline play saw me get it.

The offline technique definitely works as I got the Sage achievement today, Thankfully I noticed this thread last night while I was trying to await for funds to build up to buy the last book.

The update also seemed to have an affect on the Craft Maniac achievement for me too as I had built more than 30 bombs without getting the achuevement but first attempt with the patch deleted and offline play saw me get it.

What exactly did you do to unlock it?

Did you just delete the patch and clear cache then loaded up the game offline and it unlocked just like that?

'cause I did all of those already and I still didn't get it.

This stinks, I was looking forward to getting all of the achievements on this game and Sage is one of the last 3.

Right now I'm working on multiplayer as I can't do anything with the glitched achievement.

What exactly did you do to unlock it?

Did you just delete the patch and clear cache then loaded up the game offline and it unlocked just like that?

I disconncted from net, started Xbox, deleted patch, loaded game and save and waited until I had the money to buy the last book and after I bought it the achievement unlocked.

I disconncted from net, started Xbox, deleted patch, loaded game and save and waited until I had the money to buy the last book and after I bought it the achievement unlocked.

I was wondering if this would work. So it seems safe to play this game with the patch and online (to get timestamp on achievements) up to the last book. Then BEFORE getting the last book, go offline, clear patch/cache, and grab last book for achievement.

Another thing I was thinking of, in case it helps anyone else, is play the game up to the point of getting the last book. Then dashboard, and copy your savefile somewhere else (USB, memory card, etc.). When they do a future patch, you just play off that savefile to get the Sage achievement without having to spend your time playing up to that point again. Just an idea.

Another thing I was thinking of, in case it helps anyone else, is play the game up to the point of getting the last book. Then dashboard, and copy your savefile somewhere else (USB, memory card, etc.). When they do a future patch, you just play off that savefile to get the Sage achievement without having to spend your time playing up to that point again. Just an idea.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljkrihNnrp1qhz98qo1_500.gif

Just what I was thinking, I like my time stamps so if that's the only one I have left I can just back up the data, collect the last book and if no achievement, no spilled milk - keep on playing to finish everything else out. Then one the patch releases, I'll go back get the final book and achievement unlocks WITH a timestamp =)