Gold Wrecked Level Discussion

Thee Elf

Figured I would create a thread specifically for discussing how to obtain gold wrecked on any level questioned. Anyone have any tips for 4-4? Seem to be struggling on this one. Thanks in advance,

EDIT: Finally got 4-4. Had no problems through 5-3 so far.

Edited by Thee Elf

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need help with the last mission where you have to wreck the king's final palace/castle. It's the last mission I need to get the silver medal on all missions achievement. Only problem is: how do I replay it? I really can't find it anywhere, and I'm starting to get worried whether this might be a glitch or not, because I've got silver or higher on all missions 1-1 throguh 10-5, but still no achievement for completing all missions with silver medal :(

Please help!

I don't know for certain but i wonder if challenge map 10 is the kings castle. I still haven't got 8-1 yet but did finish all of 9 and started golding 10.

I'm not 100% certain (I don't have the game in front of me right now) but if 8-1 is the one I'm thinking it is, with the arches following a winding road up to the castle. I believe I started out going for the left side of the castle and got the point icons on the tops of the arches along the way. Then I went for the right side of the castle and got the point icon and the hot goblin on the way. Finally I went up the middle and got the 10ks in the tight corridors along the way.

Hope that helps.

I'm not 100% certain (I don't have the game in front of me right now) but if 8-1 is the one I'm thinking it is, with the arches following a winding road up to the castle. I believe I started out going for the left side of the castle and got the point icons on the tops of the arches along the way. Then I went for the right side of the castle and got the point icon and the hot goblin on the way. Finally I went up the middle and got the 10ks in the tight corridors along the way.

Hope that helps.

I'll try it out tonight. I started off my first shot with the way you described your 2nd shot. I tried nailing the bottom of the tallest tower through the front at the base hoping for a collapse destroying the other towers or igniting the TNT blast but it never happens. Where exactly do you hit with your shots?

I'll try it out tonight. I started off my first shot with the way you described your 2nd shot. I tried nailing the bottom of the tallest tower through the front at the base hoping for a collapse destroying the other towers or igniting the TNT blast but it never happens. Where exactly do you hit with your shots?

Again, I don't have the game in front of me right now know so my memory might be a little fuzzy, but on the left side of the castle I tried to land the shot on the right side of the tower next to the wall. On the right I dove right in between the goblins and the tower behind them. The middle I just centered my shot around whatever was left. Here's a quick sketch in paint from what I remember, hopefully its not too off.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7282&stc=1&d=1343753166

Red box - Satchel charges

Green box - Goblins

Red stars - impact points.

Wow. Shot #1 was my biggest mistake. I would try to go in the front and hang a left toward the #1 spot and hit the tower at the base. Going on the outside from the left made all the different when I hit it at that mark. First try gold with that method. Feel like an idiot now. 1 more level in 8 and 4 more in 10.

any tips on 6-3. This level sucks so bad!

Here's how I did it:

http://i47.tinypic.com/20h215k.png

Shot #1 & #2: Don't go through the 5K icons (for shots #3 & #4). You want to barely clip the front pillar in the path so that it knocks it down then you get the Lightning Shield to boost and destroy the back walls.

Shot #3: Regular shot just aim to take out the wall with the TNT brick.

Shot #4: Aim toward the other wall with the TNT but more toward the center and detonate right as you get near the wall.

Shot #5: Shoot low and fast to hit the front center pillar and wait to detonate until you reach the back building.

*NOTE* I never used the lightning shield high and in the center. Hopefully this makes sense and helps.

Does anyone have any solid tips for 1,000,000 on Mission 10-5. Last one I need and just can't seem to get it. Thanks in advance

EDIT: Disregard finally got it netting 1,001,XXX. lol

Just golded Challenge Map 10 and now realized that I have to also gold the King's Palace before I get my final achievement.

EDIT 2: Woohoo! 400/400! King's Palace wasn't too bad.

Edited by Thee Elf

For 3-5 try going for the left dynamite tower first, if you swing wide to the left and curve it back in you can also hit the top left castle by activating the final lift at the right moment.

Then with your second shot aim left of the front right dynamite tower and lift and curve it so that you also hit the back right dynamite tower. This leaves you plenty of shots to go for the remaining stuff. Try and catch the balloon hanging goblin on the way up too.

With all the levels the key is working out how to get your multiplier up but in a way that your higher destructive scoring shots come later and benefit from the higher multiplier.

That said, I'm having no luck on 5-5, very similar scores from all three shots. Any tips please?

Edited by LeiChat

Does anyone have any solid tips for 1,000,000 on Mission 10-5. Last one I need and just can't seem to get it. Thanks in advance

EDIT: Disregard finally got it netting 1,001,XXX. lol

Just golded Challenge Map 10 and now realized that I have to also gold the King's Palace before I get my final achievement.

Care to share what you did on them both please? ;)

For 3-5 try going for the left dynamite tower first, if you swing wide to the left and curve it back in you can also hit the top left castle by activating the final lift at the right moment.

Then with your second shot aim left of the front right dynamite tower and lift and curve it so that you also hit the back right dynamite tower. This leaves you plenty of shots to go for the remaining stuff. Try and catch the balloon hanging goblin on the way up too.

With all the levels the key is working out how to get your multiplier up but in a way that your higher destructive scoring shots come later and benefit from the higher multiplier.

That said, I'm having no luck on 5-5, very similar scores from all three shots. Any tips please?

For 5-5 I went from left to right, and for the middle one I made sure when I grabbed the hot goblin I slammed that hand down so I would explode right away. So on the third shot I just barely slipped past bronze and then the 4x bonus kicked in and pushed me 40k over gold.

For 5-5 I went from left to right, and for the middle one I made sure when I grabbed the hot goblin I slammed that hand down so I would explode right away. So on the third shot I just barely slipped past bronze and then the 4x bonus kicked in and pushed me 40k over gold.

Thanks. Took a few goes and was just under Bronze after the third shot but the 4x did the job.

Edited by LeiChat

Shot #5: Shoot low and fast to hit the front center pillar and wait to detonate until you reach the back building.

*NOTE* I never used the lightning shield high and in the center. Hopefully this makes sense and helps.

How did you get that last shot all the way to the back without using the speed shield?

I've destroyed a fair bit of that centre wall be shooting 3 and 4 slightly closer but shot 5 always explodes short of that final castle. :(

Any 6-1 tips. Best I got was barely Silver. Haven't had trouble with any other levels past challenge Map 7, but this one for some reason has me stumped. I feel like i'm not getting enough on my first shot or playing it all wrong. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.