Question about the ranking up process...

Ardend

I read the guide up top and i think i understand the concept, but I wanted to to ask anyways and forgive me if its a pointless question.

I have two gold accounts and two boxes. I was thinking about starting to get into GRAW and start with these leaderboard achievements since the board has been recently reset. The question is, can I do the 3 leaderboard achievements (even if its slower) with just the two accounts? Or do i truly need to have 10+ accounts to boost this? It sounds like i need more accounts but I wanted to be sure. Maybe I don't fully understand the process?

Thanks for any advice!

You can get team and solo champion with just 2 accounts and 1 xbox minimum. Let's say you do team first:

Load up both accounts on the same xbox and play ranked matches with your main winning until it's a level 5. Then play solo with your main losing until it's a level 1 and the secondary is a level 5. Then win in team with your main until it's a 5 again. Rinse and repeat until you hit #1 in team. Solo is the same exact process, just win solo and derank with team.

But universal is 100% impossible with just 2 accounts. There's currently only a low rank 25 to beat, but that will take at least 12 accounts to do. Even just getting to a rank 21 (top 30 or so right now) would take about 8 accounts. The highest you'll ever get with just 2 accounts is level 5, because games do not count when players are 4 or more levels apart.

If you do decide to go for universal, make sure you understand that it will take about a month of nonstop playing to get there. All of these matches can be auto piloted with team, but your xboxes will need to be running almost 24/7 to get it done in a month in order to avoid paying for more accounts. Remember, an xbox can make up to 5 free (free!) 1 month accounts.

My main is currently a rank 21 and I am running 15 accounts with 3 xboxes. I started the day of the reset (the 11th) and expect to hit rank 25 and hopefully #1 in about 10 days. All 3 xboxes are running 24/7 with me babysitting them all day.

I hope this puts some perspective on the massive grind it takes to get universal. Team and solo don't require nearly as many resources, but they still take 1-2 weeks to get each. I wish you the best of luck if you attempt any of these 3 pain in the ass achievements.

Thanks for the info Falcon. So would you say its best to go for the team and solo first? then work on Universal? I already exhausted the 5 free accounts on both my boxes for various other boosting efforts for friends and what not, so I will have to get some of those 1 month or 3 month cards most likely.

I actually have access to a total of 5 xboxes if i grab some from friends, how much will that help?

Thanks again for the help!

The number of accounts is more valuable then number of xboxes. 5 xboxes and 10 accounts won't get you anywhere, but 2 xboxes and 20 accounts will get you there eventually.

If 3 of those borrowed xboxes haven't used up any freebies, that will give you 15 accounts and 5 xboxes, which is an adequete setup to shoot for universal. Just remember, you will need 5 copies of GRAW (currently $5 used at Gamestop), a storage device to store the accounts (a flashdrive will be enough) and some means of connecting all 5 simultaneously to the internet. You'll also want 4 controllers so you can connect 4 accounts per xbox and run 2v2s to save time. I use a play n charge cable to switch controllers between xboxes.

If you can get all that together, you have a great chance at going for universal. With the current leaderboard setup, which is subject to change so take this with a grain of salt, you can get universal #1 in about 4 weeks.

As for which board to start with, you have a few options. If you go for universal, you can work on 1 of the leaderboard achievements while building your ladder to 25. Just dedicate 1 xbox and 1 dummy account to boost your main to rank #1 in team or solo. Just make sure you get your main and the dummy to 9s before doing this. Do not let them swap back and forth between 1 and 5, otherwise your main will be too low to climb the ladder for universal.

You can also dedicate all your resources to universal and them do team/solo after that. You will want to choose whichever mode you used to get universal and finish that one before moving on to the other. For example, I dedicated everything I have to universal for now and I'm using team matches to rank up my main. When I get universal, I'll probaby be somewhere in the top 50 for team, so it would be best to finish off team before moving on to solo.

If you decide to skip universal, it won't matter which one you start with because they require the same amount of time and effort. Just remember, any solo matches need to be played manually.