Packard Custom

DanielH

this is UPDATED:

i got 95/95 cars, found the car where it said:

i've read

Packard Custom

Location: Wilshire. In the InstaHeat Factory parking lot during "The Gas Man." (For best results, wait and go to the InstaHeat Factory when you are prompted to in the mission.) [it's been confirmed that you must watch and finish the cutscene at the InstaHeat Factory for this vehicle to appear in the parking lot. (credit:GalaxyRed13 for this)]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUjSmtGg3c0&feature=BFa&list=PLDAB3D5D4E4D5C1A6&index=13]YouTube - ‪L.A. Noire - 2 Door - Packard Custom‬‏[/ame]

Edited by DanielH

Ironically, I just got it doing "The Gas Man" going to InstaHeat. You need to walk over to it immediately, or it will vanish when it leaves camera view.

i too just got this and at the location mentioned.

i dont know if bypassing cut scenes will cause this to fail, but i didnt from the moment i got out the car. Tip, when your get the option to make the call, dont!! goto straight the parking lot and get in. you see it right outside through the window.

this is what i did and got it.

4 more to go. uhg i hate this.

Well the thing about this car was that it didn't even appeared in the cut-scene for me at the instaheat factory so I was quite pissed. I read somewhere though that you also could see it appear in the "Hot property" street crime and that was my save. After chasing the suspect for a while he drives through a parking lot and there it was, my Packard Custom!

Specifically for the Packard Custom:

AN ALTERNATE LOCATION: Do the "Hot Property" Street Crime off the Arson Desk. You will be chasing a suspect in a pickup truck. Shortly after he cuts through a parking lot (almost immediately after the start of the chase), an AI-driven vehicle will crash into the corner of a building adjacent to that lot. That car is a Packard Custom.

I recommend anticipating the crash and stopping at the entrance to the lot so you can hop right in since time is tight - you fail the mission quickly since the suspect is still escaping by vehicle - but the car registered for me even as the failure message appeared on screen.

This was my last car and I got the achievement, but I might have quit out of the game too soon because my Social Club stats say I only have 94/95. If this matters to you, perhaps you should continue playing the mission.

• 2 months later...
i too just got this and at the location mentioned.

i dont know if bypassing cut scenes will cause this to fail, but i didnt from the moment i got out the car. Tip, when your get the option to make the call, dont!! goto straight the parking lot and get in. you see it right outside through the window.

this is what i did and got it.

4 more to go. uhg i hate this.

this car was not in the cutscene (was instaheat truck), in the instaheat lot, or the lot across from the factory. inside the factory was ONLY instaheat trucks & trucks w/ barrels. across was just 2 random cars that never changed into this car & i tried the 'press X or A on the car in the showroom,' etc.

it's probably cuz i'm in my 1st time through the story on that case, with all reels found, 93/95 cars, 35/40 street crimes % 84% completion. it just wants to make it difficult for me. i bet when i do find it, it won't register like some people have had happen. my wonderful luck, lol.