DanielH

disagree or agree with me, but, remember MY THOUGHTS:

Watch The Video 1st

[ame=

]
[/ame]

At 21:00

cold hard fact:

Amazing 3 or 4 hours, then after, nothing.

SR3 is DISAPPOINTING, fun, But Disappointing, if you play Saints Row 2.

it gets a 6/10 for saints row the 3rd.

its better to get saints 2. saints 2 is balance/strong writing/freedom of choice, while SR3 no balance, no strong writing, and less choice

that SR3 picks up After Saints Row 2.

that the purple dildo, is SHOCKING/OUTRAGOUS. the most memorable thing in the game

Force Activities, as "mission" is wrong. then allows you to play Activities separate, free mode.

low res, when base jumping at high level.

though i like it when the character i made from SR Demo, is in the game/speaking, and not using a default character.

the radio station got the shaft, while SR1 and SR2 had more radio stations.

what made me mad, is the mission kill-deckers.exe, putting on Purpose Lagging/Switching Directions/Slow Rate, well everybody play this mission alone/co-op, and be honest, everbody got mad. but the ending of the mission, it okay. the 3 "old school games" okay.

SR2 had Crowd Controll/Septic Avenger, the best. SR3 replaces crowd controll/septic avenger with tank mayham/professor genkie. that tank mayham IS LIKE mayham.

the 3 gangs are joined as 1, not giving the 3 gangs 3 separate stories.

if i said what the reviewer, basically, i agree with him.

could go on, but i won't. everybody has there thought of the game.

so let your voices be heard.

http://gamercards.playfire.com/_/xbox/859287/0/default.pngXbox Gamercards

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/image.php?groupid=603&dateline=1263351642

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic302747_29.gif

Edited by DanielH

Here's my thoughts on this game:

I have not 100%ed this game yet (e.g. don't have 1000G yet) but I feel like I have to say something about this game.

I have been looking forward to this game a lot, I didn't play any other Saints Row game though.

The story mode has been amazing and very fun. No stealth bullshit, no drugdealing crap, no picking people up. Nothing like GTA. Just straigh to the point, balls to the wall badass action for a true lovers heart.

I enjoyed it very much, it was crazy, funny, action packed and like nothing I've ever played before. I enjoyed being able to make my own music mixtape since i didn't like any of the radiobroadcasts.

The variation of all the vehicles was amazing, the characters were funny and the music that I've found was great (Live Wire, Heartbeats, I Need A Hero, No Easy Way Out, etc.).

There's always a but though.

After the story...basically where I am now...I don't feel like playing this game much more?

The activities are still cool...but the rest is rather tedious.

Why so many assassination and car theft targets? 10 or 15 each would've done the job.

The challenges are pointless and don't show my skill as a player, they just make me do things that jsut isn't necessary. 300 seconds of powerslide, wheelies, stoppies, THE FUCKING GLITCHED UP tauning...jeez give me a break.

And don't even get me started on collectibles...

It seems like a huge but at first but i still enjoyed the story too much to give it a bad rating. So I will stick to a 8/10.

Edited by Monco

I haven't played SR2...so what's so much better about it?

not to repeat myself, but

its better to get saints 2. saints 2 is balance/strong writing/freedom of choice, while SR3 no balance, no strong writing, and less choice

enough said. basically Get Saints 2. SR3 IS A RENTAL, thats all.

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2012/01/aj-top-10-disappointing-2011/

at 21:00.

Edited by DanielH

Now everyone's got me interested...I haven't played SR2...so what's so much better about it?

Since Daniel's answer doesn't really explain anything, let me. SR2 had the best activities, Demo Derby, Fight Club, Septic Avenger, FUZZ, and loads of diversions too like Firefighting, Ambulance Work, Tow Truck (pain in the ass but fun the first couple times), Taxi, etc. It also had a layering system for clothes so the options were damn near endless. There were only 3 DLCs (1 free) and all added clothing, 2 (the paid ones) also added hair, vehicles, and missions too. Then there's the activities, SR2 has roughly 150 levels of activities, SR3 only has 54 or so, with most of them being counted as missions. Also, there was WAAAAAY more unlockables on SR2, but they got greedy on this one so most of the stuff that could have been unlockable is DLC now. Finally, as unnecessary as they were, food and drugs were still a nice touch to the game

just throwing this out: it seems like alot of you are watching the video, but not posting thoughts. if you are watching the video at 21:00, let me know.

continue your thoughts. let me hear you.

to the people who did comment: Thank You.

freckle bitches

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101111235817/saintsrow/images/thumb/b/ba/Freckle_Bitch%27s_1159499316dyawyyfulh223jq7.jpg/185px-Freckle_Bitch%27s_1159499316dyawyyfulh223jq7.jpg

saints 3rd no freckle bitches, why.

Edited by DanielH

just throwing this out: it seems like alot of you are watching the video, but not posting thoughts. if you are watching the video at 21:00, let me know.

continue your thoughts. let me hear you.

to the people who did comment: Thank You.

freckle bitches

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101111235817/saintsrow/images/thumb/b/ba/Freckle_Bitch%27s_1159499316dyawyyfulh223jq7.jpg/185px-Freckle_Bitch%27s_1159499316dyawyyfulh223jq7.jpg

saints 3rd no freckle bitches, why.

A bunch of people, myself included, posted everything we miss from 2 in this thread:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=350460

FYI: There is A LOT.

honest, i also went to that post and wrote.

it's 2 different things "What do you wish " and "Thoughts On Saints Row The 3rd"

What do you wish is, what you would like to see in SR3rd

Thoughts On Saints Row The 3rd is, do you like it or not. is it disappointing. do you agree with the video at 21:00.

Edited by DanielH

Gotta say, that video really hit the mark for me. I've gotten the full 1000G for The Third (and am currently working on the multiplayer for SR1 and SR2), and I'm eagerly awaiting the DLC coming out in the next few hours, but I can't help but feel like The Third is a massive cash-in meant to try to save THQ from losing more money.

The game is MUCH shorter, the activities are much easier and less inspired (save for Ethical Reality Climax), the story is, in my opinion, horrendous (yep, go ahead and kill one of your most popular characters in the first 5 minutes even though he's gotten out of many worse situations before... makes total sense and your fans will love playing the rest of the game knowing one of the few characters they still care about is no longer there), and aside from being lackluster overall, it leaves us really wondering where the story is going to go from here, since the big plot point left from SR2 is completely untouched, simply bringing in more things that may come up later.

In addition to this, the combining of the various gangs as one faction takes away from the varying stories each gang brought, and there was almost no real tension between the Saints and anyone from the Syndicate, or even the members of STAG.

I still enjoyed the game; it was fun to play, and after just over 40 hours, it still is. But I can't help but feel disappointed with many of the decisions made for this game. I'm hoping that the DLC and the upcoming SR4 or Money Shot can make up for this a bit.

I know it doesn't matter to everyone, but what is the driving like in the new game? I was a big fan of SR:2 but the ridiculous car mechanics (when compared to the likes of GTA) irritated me ever so slightly! Please tell me they've fixed it?? :)

It's pretty much the same as SR2. In some of the fastest cars, such as the Temptress, you can almost do a U-Turn just by turning with the analog stick alone. Most of the time you just handbrake around turns though.

But yea, the mechanics are absolutely ridiculous. It just takes some getting used to.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to admit I am a fan of SR:3 but like most of you have already said it does feel like half a game, I loved the little diversion things you had in the second one, thinking of buying the first one when payday rolls around. Anyway the activities are major lacking and again the unqiueness of your character making them as mental or cool is limited also. Glad that the English guy voice was still there, still torn on the new look of shandi she's super badass now but the whole gat thing does not sit right with me. :confused: Still playing it though so they must have done something right. Roll on a saints row 4.

I never liked Saints Row, and never bothered with Saints Row 2. But a friend recommended this to me, and. I ended up buying it today. Played 2 hrs so far, and have loved every minute. Might even try Saints Row 2 at this rate. Overall, its hard to rate it as I've only played a small amount. But I'm sure I'll like the game.

I have 100%ed the game (1000g, may be more if I get DLC) and although I have not really played the other two games, but I felt that it was very short compared to similar games (GTA, RDR). I had got it on a Friday, and by the Sunday (two days later) i had the story completed with only four achievments to go, although I did play it alot over that weekend and I am an achievement w***e, this clearly means they did something right.

I felt the story was lacking depth, although to be fair, I was not expecting a great story from this game and I think that they were right to leave the serious versions of these game types to Rockstar.

Although I did enjoy it and find it fun, for the amount of time I put into it, I do not feel I got as much as I should of out of it. I do hope that THQ sort it out and at least make SR4s storyline a bit better and give the gangs some backstory, instead of rolling them into one.

Sorry for the essay,

Thanks for reading

I liked the game, but compared to the other, like you said forcing me to play certain activies pissed me off, at least in SR2 i could play anything i wanted and still play the story, or the fact that i could do any story arc and it wouldnt make a difference,

The whole story arc was dumb having to kill certainl people, the choice mechanism was broken, i could easly say " well maybe ill just save b4 the choice" the only time i really replayed it was for the gender equality achievment.

the achievement list was decent, compared to the many MP ones in SR2 I liked the game but i think they could have made it alot better, esepcially if the didnt kill of GAt in the first 10 mins of the game:mad:

The fact I didn't put too much thought into the differences between 2 & 3 tells me 3 was good enough to play through and enjoy. I couldn't put it down, it was a blast throughout.

Thinking about it now, I do agree about the challenges being just a little bit on the long/annoying side. Perhaps another story mission or two instead of the extra long challenges would have been better, and I don't think they utilised the different gangs enough this time around.