What exactly is 'twitter'?

Krizzek

Is it just a sort of mini-blog for posting your current status? If so, you would have to constantly post to it, right?

What is it good for? I don't need to know what people are doing all the time and I won't write down what I'm doing all day.

Seems a little pointless to me.

But maybe you can convince me of the gloriosity of 'twitter'.

Personally, I don't care for it.

It's just a free service where you send out little messages about what you're doing/thinking. Each message has something like a 240-character limit or something, so it's very limited.

Pretty much every celebrity loves it, though. If you're into pop culture, I'm sure you'll love it too.

If this is a joke, well god damn you. :mad:

Twitter is a program that idiots use to post what they are doing right then and there, where they'll be, etc. Much like Myspace, this is another internet predator tool. Now, instead of just knowing a general location of their next jailbait victim, they can easily follow him/her around town, especially if they have mobile twitter.

So it's useless.

These strange Internet phenomenons seem to come out of nowhere and expand like black holes sucking everything into themselves and leave nothing behind.

Don't even get me started.

I've made a habit of hurting people who say things like "ROFL" in real life. I especially despise "ROFL." Of all those god damn things, "ROFL" is the worst. I would throw my kids into a concentration camp, if they ever said "LOL." And if they said "ROFL," well, let's not go there.

I'm not a Nazi. It's for their own good. :)

I like to refer to it as social networking for people with OCD. Used properly, it can be just as amusing as the rest of them. What I mean by "properly" is when you actually post something worth while.

Unfortunately most people fall into a habit of posting a "tweet" roughly every four seconds, or they'll begin posting about absolutely nothing. For example:

"Just woke up."

"Still not quite awake."

"Finally kind of awake."

"Making breakfast."

"Breakfast was good."

Usually I tend to avoid people who over-tweet about nothing. I use mine either sparingly, or I'll manly use it to crack jokes or something. I don't use it for it's original intended use at all.

For some strange reason, a bunch of celebrities, various large scale companies, etc, all made accounts on it, and started running Twitter exclusive contests and such. It was an overnight success, somehow. I call shenanigans, there is no way such a horrible concept can go from nobody knowing about the site's existence, to a mainstream source of exclusive news, contests, etc, in a month's time.

A stupid site for stupid people with no friends, who think everyone else gives a shit what they're doing at any given time.

Also lacks the functionality of other social networking sites, not that it matters because just like Twitter all those sites suck anyway.

;)

urbandictionary FTW

I wonder if the Xbox 360's new twitter service thinghy will allow you to "tweet" an achievement you just onlocked. That'd be cool and would make me consider creating a Twitter account.

Oh great...

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 5 pts. (Press start)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 5 pts. (Complete tutorial)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 10 pts. (Complete stage 1-1)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 10 pts. (Paused game)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 5 pts. (Altered a setting)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 0 pts. (Died)

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 0 pts. (Let the girl die in 1-1)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 10 pts. (Shot the gun)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 10 pts. (Shot the gun's special weapon)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 10 pts. (Picked up a health pack)

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 20 pts. (Beat stage 1-2)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 10 pts. (Played an on-line match)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 10 pts. (Came in 1st on an on-line match)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 10 pts. (Fired 20 shots in an on-line match)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 20 pts. (Kill someone in an on-line match)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 100 pts. (Playing a simple game causing the twitter service to clog up the screen for any important twitter updates anyone may have)"

"HEY GUYS! WOO! GUESS HOW MANY ACHIEVEMENTS I GOT TODAY!!!"

WE FUCKING KNOW!!!

And you guys all know this will happen if this is how it works.

Oh great...

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 5 pts. (Press start)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 5 pts. (Complete tutorial)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 10 pts. (Complete stage 1-1)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 10 pts. (Paused game)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 5 pts. (Altered a setting)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 0 pts. (Died)

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 0 pts. (Let the girl die in 1-1)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 10 pts. (Shot the gun)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 10 pts. (Shot the gun's special weapon)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 10 pts. (Picked up a health pack)

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 20 pts. (Beat stage 1-2)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 10 pts. (Played an on-line match)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 10 pts. (Came in 1st on an on-line match)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 10 pts. (Fired 20 shots in an on-line match)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 20 pts. (Kill someone in an on-line match)"

"SoandSo178 has just unlocked xxx for 100 pts. (Playing a simple game causing the twitter service to clog up the screen for any important twitter updates anyone may have)"

"HEY GUYS! WOO! GUESS HOW MANY ACHIEVEMENTS I GOT TODAY!!!"

WE FUCKING KNOW!!!

And you guys all know this will happen if this is how it works.

i hope you copy and pasted the majority of that cause thats some effort right there in a very sarcastic post ;)

Don't even get me started.

I've made a habit of hurting people who say things like "ROFL" in real life. I especially despise "ROFL." Of all those god damn things, "ROFL" is the worst. I would throw my kids into a concentration camp, if they ever said "LOL." And if they said "ROFL," well, let's not go there.

I'm not a Nazi. It's for their own good. :)

But you are the one with the dumb pokeplushie thing in your sig...

Twitter is a program that idiots use to post what they are doing right then and there, where they'll be, etc. Much like Myspace, this is another internet predator tool. Now, instead of just knowing a general location of their next jailbait victim, they can easily follow him/her around town, especially if they have mobile twitter.

I lol'd :p

I hate Twitter with a passion...it's so fucking useless.

But you are the one with the dumb pokeplushie thing in your sig...

Oh, most definitely, man!

I like the pokeplushie, though. I wholeheartedly admit it is the stupidest thing I've ever been a part of, but somethin' about them.. I don't know, they're cool, in a really stupid way.

Besides, what the hell does a pokeplushie have to do with "ROFL?" Seriously, man, the two have no correlation. I don't understand some people.. If you're gonna try to make me look stupid, do a better job. :)

If you're gonna try to make me look stupid, do a better job. :)

I was actually trying to make the connection between ROFL and the pokeplushie statement made by Dsella.

I felt at a loss when the two things had nothing to do with each other.

I guess some people try too hard to make fun of others that they fail at it instead. :woop: