3 Lives Remaining Discussion Thread

Welcome to the 2nd Ambassadors' Tournament!

Do you remember classic gaming? Those old school games when you had three chances to succeed before the game was over? Well this tournament takes you back to those days of classic gaming. You'll be competing against your fellow ambassadors trying to keep all of your lives as long as possible. Because remember, gamers don't have a life, they have multiple lives.

The rules are pretty simple. On August 17th, the scoring thread will be posted showing everyone their first round of matchups brought to you by the powers of random.org. The competition will kick off August 18th at 12:00am PT (GMT-7) as a one on one Gamerscore competition. You will have 4 days to get more Gamerscore than your competitor. You win your match up, nothing changes for you. But if you lose, you lose a life. Not the end of the world, just like losing a life in Mario. You lose a life and move on to the next match up knowing you can still win the competition. But if you lose three times, you're out of the competition. After each match up (end of 4 days), you'll have 12 hours to make sure your scores are posted correctly and another 12 hours to relax. We will tally the scores by 6pm that day (still Pacific time), tell you who won, who lost, who gets the Duck Face award (those who score 0 points) and who you'll be facing next (once again decided by random.org). Then it's back into it for another 4 days (again starting at 12:00am PT) of one on one Gamerscore action.

So there you have it, lose three times and the competition is over for you. Win enough times and you'll be alone at the top and have a shiny new award to show off. Do you have what it takes to win with 3 Lives Remaining?

Now, to make things easier on the people overseeing the event, we'll only be tracking Gamerscore earned online. Any achievements unlocked offline will not count. But that shouldn't be an issue. If your internet goes down, you still have 2 more lives to play with. Unless you lose internet later on in the tourney, like when you have 1 life left. Then you're screwed. :p

The following will be reiterated in the scoring thread when it is posted on the 17th:

-Each post must contain:

---The title of each game being reported for scoring.

---The Gamerscore obtained in each game during the 4 days.

---A link to xbox.com comparing that title. If you are not aware of how to make a proper "compare to" link for xbox.com, please review the instructions in the Over Achiever thread here.

Please note that if your submitted links are not properly formatted, you will get one free pass. After that, incorrect posts will NOT be scored and you will likely lose the tournament.

So there you go, 1 of the 16 participants will have at least one life left at the end of all this. Good luck keeping your lives as long as possible!

Edit:

It has been brought to my attention that the OP needed an update mentioning some "what if" scenarios that could occur in this tourney. If there's anything you think I've missed, please let me know.

Ties- Any ties that occur in a round (whether members score 0 or 1,000 or whatever) will result in a life being lost for both.

Byes- If there's any odd number of members left in a round, random.org will decide who gets a "bye week" (a.k.a. the 4 days) where they wouldn't be competing.

Profile status- At no time is anyone allowed to change their profile to "private" or "friends only." You're Ambassadors that are required to have public profiles. Anyone without a public profile will not only be removed from the tournament, they will be removed from the Ambassador program as well.

Edited by Grifter Reborn
scenarios

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in, although given that I haven't been online for over two weeks let alone earned an achievement, I may be facing a quick exit and a number of duck faces:p

I've only unlocked one achievement since those distant memories of May 30th. Hopefully I can fix that in time for this competition though as I'm becoming far too accustomed to seeing the duck face on my profile. It actually looks more weird when it isn't there now.

I'm not sure I want to join this though, don't trust my pasting xbox.com links skills.

Do you have a secondary account you use for boosting or split screen games etc.? If so, the best way I've found to get the correct links is to log into this secondary account on Xbox.com and compare games with your main account. When you look at an individual game then the URL that you have in the address bar will always work when your score is being validated. :)

That's the way I've always gone about it, anyways.

As Target said, not illegal. Might be worth saving for GSL if you're hoping to compete in that though.

What about boosting sessions? I'm asking because the next DLC for Halo 4 is coming out on the 20th, and I was thinking of joining a session for that on True Achievements or something.

What about boosting sessions? I'm asking because the next DLC for Halo 4 is coming out on the 20th, and I was thinking of joining a session for that on True Achievements or something.

Definitely A-OK!

As Target said, not illegal. Might be worth saving for GSL if you're hoping to compete in that though.

Hmmm, GSL or GTA 5? Bearing in mind that I'll be back at school/college. I think I'm going with the second one. :p

We'll see though, I might do GSL if some poor soul can't scrape four team members together. Depends on how much GS I get in this tournament and whether or not I'll need to use Fallout.

BTW Grif, you spelt my name and GT wrong in the sign-up thread!!! :eek:

Edited by Jardinho

Sign me up ehhh~

Sign-ups begin today and will close on August 16th unless all available slots are filled before then. There are 16 slots available. I'll allow a couple of reserves in case someone needs to back out of the tourney at the last minute. Only x360a Ambassadors or x360a staff members may sign-up.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=413156

:)

PS. My name is still spelt wrong, Grifter. :p

Boosting is fine.

PS. My name is still spelt wrong, Grifter. :p

My apologies. Fixed. ;)

Yeah, he chucked me a PM and I changed my motto. Should be enough, right?

I'm sorry, but no. We have a process you must go through first. To become a promoter, please follow the sign-up instructions here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=413156

Laugh if the two reserves end up being in the final..

BRING IT.

I'll bring it...and make sure you get a perma-duckface award. :p

LOL @ your goals for 2015. :D

I may actually have a shot this time. FabledGamerHero. That's all I have to say.

Edited by Skorpion XBA

I'll bring it...and make sure you get a perma-duckface award. :p

LOL @ your goals for 2015. :D

I may actually have a shot this time. FabledGamerHero. That's all I have to say.

You do? We'll see about that, time to go buy avatar and CSI: Hard evidence, my hidden weapons for when I get matched up with you =)