Hello World

Tan Coul

Hello all you good people - Tân here. 38 and a third and been home gaming for over 24 years (ZX Spectrum 48 as a 14th birthday present) so as you might imagine I'm more often found playing XBLA than the disc-based releases (though I have a weakness for driving games, especially when combined with crashes...)

I've only had the 360 for a few weeks, but also own and play on Wii (delivered in week of release!) and DS Lite, and have my original Speccy, a Spectrum+2, Megadrive, VCS2600, PS1, Dreamcast and X-Box stored in a large cupboard along with many games... I never did get the hang of trading in...

Welcome to the site! So which do you like better your Wii or 360? If you like your Wii still, soon enough you will find out how great the 360 is. ;)

Oh, they're definitely both better... than the PS3 ;)

Seriously, if I have friends or family over of a weekend we'll be on the Wii for game time, partly because of the 360's lack of inbuilt wireless connection but mostly because the Wii is just so much fun in multiplayer. In the week and when I'm on my own, though, the Wii barely gets a look-in, again partly because the 360 shares my PC monitor so is just there but mostly because XBox Live is just awesome...

Welcome to the site! Nice introduction. Are you only into racing games, or do you like to play anything else (besides Arcade)?

I tend to like one game from each genre and nothing else, for some reason - for beat-em-ups I love Tekken and can't play any other title (which is a shame, given its Sonycentric nature) and I adore Bioshock but no other FPSs (possibly to do with the whole art deco feel of it)

I did like sports games before they became simulations - Madden '92 and the original NHL on Genesis were great fun, and I'm hugely looking forward to SWOS coming out on XBLA, but the modern ones just seem to require too much of an initial time investment to be enjoyable.

Hi there, Tan! I think I can safely assume that the Burnout series is popular under your roof. Right? ;)

Oddly enough I don't have Revenge for the 360, it didn't seem different enough to the XBox version to justify the purchase (though if I see it for under a tenner...) mostly been playing PGR3 and FlatOut (which does seem a lot better than the XBox version in Racing mode) and got DiRT for when I finally beat Bioshock (sadly bought hours before the great Colin McRae died.)

I have got every version of Burnout on the XBox though, so you're not far wrong :)