Thoughts on the beta

Those complaining about the red outline. That only happens when your fire team buddy is killed. It shows the enemy's location for a few seconds if you kill that person then your buddy instantly respawns on you. Its like dodge ball. Is it realistic? No but every single thing in this game or any game for that matter does not have to be realistic.

The menu is not confusing for me, it is similar to the menu in Madden NFL 13 so that's probably why. I'm guessing this is an EA menu interface thing much like how Microsoft is using its metro UI for its phones, PCs, tablets and the xbox 360. A tutorial video would have been nice for those who will get confused.

"3 - No ammo pickup from dead enemies, not had a buddy who has replenished my ammo yet, and i can see myself running out very quickly on a regular basis. How do you get ammo without a fire buddy?"

Your secondary weapon, either pistol, machine pistol or shotgun(depends on the class) has unlimited ammo. Also you can give ammo to anyone not just your fire team, I saw the option on a regular teammate earlier. So I'm sure they can give you as well. You just don't get the bonus xp for it. You can't heal them though.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those complaining about the red outline. That only happens when your fire team buddy is killed. It shows the enemy's location for a few seconds if you kill that person then your buddy instantly respawns on you. Its like dodge ball. Is it realistic? No but every single thing in this game or any game for that matter does not have to be realistic.

The menu is not confusing for me, it is similar to the menu in Madden NFL 13 so that's probably why. I'm guessing this is an EA menu interface thing much like how Microsoft is using its metro UI for its phones, PCs, tablets and the xbox 360. A tutorial video would have been nice for those who will get confused.

"3 - No ammo pickup from dead enemies, not had a buddy who has replenished my ammo yet, and i can see myself running out very quickly on a regular basis. How do you get ammo without a fire buddy?"

Your secondary weapon, either pistol, machine pistol or shotgun(depends on the class) has unlimited ammo. Also you can give ammo to anyone not just your fire team, I saw the option on a regular teammate earlier. So I'm sure they can give you as well. You just don't get the bonus xp for it. You can't heal them though.

im not sure your right about the red outline, i have seen 3 or 4 enemies with the outline at once, and thats when i had no fire buddy, maybe a bug, or maybe it is something else.

interesting to know anyone can give you ammo, but is there a way to request it? i much prefer battlefields way of sharing ammo, everyone loves throwing there ammo box on the ground, not because they're giving ammo, but because they get points. Very little people will care to share on this, which is unfortunate :(

Haven't played a shooter in months so it was not a fun experience, also not a dark map fan.

I think that's why I hate the map so much, because it's dark. I never have liked dark maps. Wish they would've given us a lighter map for the beta.

Only dark map I can think of that I liked was Bog on CoD 4, but that one wasn't really all that dark.

I think that's why I hate the map so much, because it's dark. I never have liked dark maps. Wish they would've given us a lighter map for the beta.

Only dark map I can think of that I liked was Bog on CoD 4, but that one wasn't really all that dark.

Hanoi in Black Ops wasn't bad at all and it was dark. I think the biggest problem with this map in MOH is not that it's dark, it's just a fucking mess with shit everywhere. There's too much junk all over the place making it more cumbersome to flank around and too easy for people to hide in random spots.

The other complaint I have, and this is due to it being a beta, is doing great in a game and then walking down a flight of steps only to be kicked out to the main menu, with all XP lost. Hard to go back into the game after that.

Hanoi in Black Ops wasn't bad at all and it was dark. I think the biggest problem with this map in MOH is not that it's dark, it's just a fucking mess with shit everywhere. There's too much junk all over the place making it more cumbersome to flank around and too easy for people to hide in random spots.

This is a great point, I agree entirely. The darker maps I've enjoyed are always designed in a clean manner. This one seems cluttered as hell with trees and undergrowth all over the shop.

Navigating the options is cumbersome too, never thought it could be so weirdly designed.

The other complaint I have, and this is due to it being a beta, is doing great in a game and then walking down a flight of steps only to be kicked out to the main menu, with all XP lost. Hard to go back into the game after that.

I hated Hanoi, honestly. I get what you mean though, it's still better than this map. I feel like everywhere I run, I'm bumping into a wall, or a piece of rubble on the ground, or some other garbage that gets me stuck and the next thing I know, I'm getting shot in the back. I think I'll enjoy the game once it's released, but I know I'll never enjoy playing this map.

I haven't been kicked out of a game on the beta yet, thankfully. I do lose connection when it tries to go to a new match on occasion, but that's it. Maybe I'm just lucky though, since I know EA servers aren't the greatest.

Anyone else been getting killed and when it shows the kill cam, your body flies in the air like you just got blown up, but really all that happened was you got shot. Shit is making my sides split from laughing so hard.

This map i dont like and prob wont ever play they should have given us a lighter map soo we can actually see the game more if you know what iam trying to say... And also Hotspot i won't ever play this mode either. i'll just stick with tdm& sector control which was my favorite mode in MoH 2010...

I feel the same. I dislike the map and the game mode, but love playing the game. I know I'll enjoy it once there's maps and game modes that I really like playing. Doubt I'll ever play this game mode again, and I'll do my best to avoid the map at all costs.

Sadly, there's not that many people that play Sector Control on MOH 2010 anymore. I normally have to stick with Team Assault to find a full game.

can't even find a game half the time.

Really? I haven't had any issues finding games every time I search.

Sadly, there's not that many people that play Sector Control on MOH 2010 anymore. I normally have to stick with Team Assault to find a full game.

And this is why I'm keeping my pre-order. I'd rather enjoy or at least be given the chance to play on all the game modes when there is still some sort of online community. That was the mistake I made with the previous MoH. Got it too late. Not enough people playing what I think were the more enjoyable game modes. Not making that mistake again.

Navigating the options is cumbersome too, never thought it could be so weirdly designed.

I agree with this 100%. There's absolutely no reason why they had to put the menu at the top of the screen and make it a pain in the ass to navigate. I understand that a game company doesn't want to totally copy another game, but one thing that everyone should copy is what COD does better then anyone else (and this includes Halo and BF): the menu system. Everything is easy to navigate, laid out perfectly in front of you so you can easily find it. There's no confusion finding your weapons, camo, equipment. In MOH, it's a pain in the ass to find your new barrel, stock, and camo. The fuck are they thinking?

Enjoying it but I do have few complains.

When I respawn it's bs that I respawn in front of my enemy and with your gun taking forever to come out I have no chance of surviving. Reload speeds are somewhat horrible it's to slow if they tweak just a little bit I'll be good with it. Also I hate having a scope on a assualt rifle that doesn't need it I'm good with the red dot but at least give us the option to take it off (unless there is and I haven't look around enough for it) Besides this I really enjoy the game and I might pick it up but halo 4 just around the corner and pokemon white 2 in my hands with zone of the enders plus not to mention need to finish the witcher 2 (haha sorry for the long list) i doubt this will be played

I'm enjoying the beta, sort of...

It's certainly got it's fair share of problems (clunky menus, ho-hum visuals and a high chance of spawn camping) but overall the gameplay feels solid and I haven't experienced any major signs of lag yet. I played a few hours of it with a buddy yesterday evening and was having fun so thats the main thing to look for in a game I suppose :)

With regards to the visuals, I am assuming the beta we are playing is an old build and Danger Close/EA are mainly using the next week or so to test server load and highlight any bugs that may have been missed.

Overall, hardly a day one purchase but I may check out the finished product sometime next year after a price drop.

I was so excited about the last medal of honor. HUGE letdown. I saw the previews of this one and was excited all over again. HUGE BF3 fan. But after playing the beta last night i am canceling my pre order. It was pure garbage in my op. From the confusing menu, to the shitty gameplay. To me it kinda looked like i was playing Soldier of Fortune all over again. Wont happen twice. Will rent this time around. I know its just a beta but the game is going to be released in just a bit. And this is what they offer us??

im not sure your right about the red outline, i have seen 3 or 4 enemies with the outline at once, and thats when i had no fire buddy, maybe a bug, or maybe it is something else.

interesting to know anyone can give you ammo, but is there a way to request it? i much prefer battlefields way of sharing ammo, everyone loves throwing there ammo box on the ground, not because they're giving ammo, but because they get points. Very little people will care to share on this, which is unfortunate :(

I am right about the red outline, the developers have stated it themselves. Anyway there is no manual way to request ammo but your soldier calls out for it every time you run low, same with health. If you have teammates who pay attention you will be fine, also it tells you when your fireteam buddy's health is low in the top right corner of the screen.

Anyway I love how you can do a Knee slide by tapping the B button when sprinting and baseball slide when holding it down. I love that the muzzle for the LMGs get hot and turn a red orange color for a few seconds before cooling down. I love little details like that.

My opinion on the Beta...I didn't realize they repackaged homefront's shit engine for Moh..I know I dont have a uber top end TV but battlefield looks good, this game looks horrible. I honestly refuse to believe this is Frostbite 2 with alleged improvements, and I'm sorry when the B3 beta hit yes it was buggy as all hell but it did LOOK good there's no way a simple hd texture pack would make this game look good. I think it SUCKS having enemies red outlined, this isn't L4D2 I'd be ok with it if it were a entry level helper but so far from what I've read it's a built in fire team support assist. I can't stand how you die in 1 shot most times, that's gonna be annoying. The levels seem way too small to justify chopper gunners, the menu sucks because the font is so small I can't read it not to mention it seems extremely cluttered. Oddly enough the beta didn't crash til I played for 2 hrs and then quit to dash then it locked my box...whatever imo this was a poor move by Ea or danger close because now I'm taking back my preorder.

I really try to enjoy the beta, but I frequently get server disconnects. I feel only due to my high luck in my stats I manage to complete a game. I seem to get randomly disconnected a little more the 50% of games I play, which makes it difficult to enjoy it. I really hope the beta is a server stress test, since the problem isn't on my end.

Spawning system REALLY needs improvement or be redesigned, since "Fallback" option seems to mean either spawn where the enemy is clustered or next to your current objective.(More spawn points needs to be enabled?). I dislike the forced spawn, when your buddy shoots your killer dead. You instantly spawn and then one second later you and your buddy is dead, since there where more than one individual attacking you in the first place.

Secondary weapons for the different classes need to be more balanced or customisable. Seriously 9mm pistol or shotgun?

Pointman might need some nerfing, you can really rape with that rifle/shotgun combo + armour-piercing.

Accuracy seem to be really off on some weapons, initial shot/burst seems to be fine, but any follow up shot/burst seem to go way off target. Might be due lag, really weird bullet drop or the fact it's a beta.

I loved the fixed the clipping issues from walls, for example in BF3: where you could prone/crouch and character's body would still stick out the wall, thus clipping it.

I acknowledge this still is just a beta, but I will need more convincing if I am to buy the game. Since it felt worse than the BF3 beta, which also had it's issues(but just for a general comparison), it got me a bit worried about the full retail experience, which the BF3 Beta didn't. I really hope it's an early build beta and that the game still will turn out fine.(it made me start playing BF3 more regularly, I'll give it that :p)

Awww you can't play a game that takes skill, aww i am sorry i see you play mw3. lol.

Awww you get butthurt much because someone doesn't like your favorite game. Awww.

I will even guess we don't share similar tastes in music, food or movies but who gives a ****, eh? Go play your crap, I'll play my crap and we don't even have to sit next to each other at the Game of the Year awards. BTW: your favorite game <insert game name here> loses.

The beta is full of spawn camping, buggy gameplay and poor map design. The menus are cumbersome and the graphics are weak. It lacks the vehicle combat that makes BF3 even moderately bearable. The game plays like Battlefield and Homefront's inbred love child.

The OP asked for thoughts, there they are. You don't like them; nobody cares. Post your thoughts on the game and sell its virtues.