Is this your first Hitman game?

ive loved hitman since the 2nd one for ps2. i never played the one for pc. but i heard its pretty shitty. so i never bothered. but i own 2,3,and blood money.

p.s. hitman2 was a remake of the 1st one,so have no fear if you've never played it before.

No, they remade some of the levels of the first one and added a few new ones and it became Hitman: Contracts.

I started with "Hitman 2:Silent Assasin" on PS2, then I bought "Hitman:Codename 47" for the PC for 99p ($1.50) after I completed "Hitman 2:Silent Assasin". Then a couple of years later I bought "Hitman:Contracts" a few days after it came out. Another couple of years later I pre-ordered "Hitman:Blood Money" the day I heard about it, I counted the days till it flew through my letter box! GAME (A UK game shop) even sent it to me a day early on top of the fact that it was out earlier in the UK anyway, I was so chuffed HAHA!

And that is my Hitman experiance!

Thx

MATTUMUZ

I started on the first one. Beat a few levels until the Jungle level cause me PC couldn't handle that one :p This however is when I fell in love with Hitman. Never went back to finish in fact.

I have played all the others too. No 2 was quality on PS2. Contracts was absolute garbage IMO.

And Blood Money was fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This was my first Hitman game and I loved every minute of it. I played every level on every difficulty and got Silent Assassins on each. I do need 2 more acheivements though (special rating and noteriety). I haven't played it in a while, so I think I'll try and get those last 2 soon.

Questions for those that have played the others in the series...

I've heard that this game is just like Hitman 2, is that the case? Also, I've been told to avoid Hitman Contracts at all costs, again, is that true? And finally, is it possible to go back and replay the other games, without feeling like they aren't good enough in comparison?

One bit of advice... Never play Contracts! That was a horrible game! i nearly lost faith in the series, but it was repaid this year ;)

This game is similar to Hitman 2, in it's sheer brilliance. Problem with going back that far would be the substantial difference in graphics. I myself could not go back to previous gen graphics after playing this beauty. But hey, thats my opinion :)

One bit of advice... Never play Contracts! That was a horrible game! i nearly lost faith in the series, but it was repaid this year ;)

I hate 2 but think contracts was great. Silent assasain was far too sluggish and boring. The setups and concepts were terrible. I dont see why you like blood money then, it and contracts are much more similar than 2 is with it. But thats just my opinion.

I've played all the Hitman games at some point but usually got bored by the second or third level and never really got into the game much, however this time I'm hooked and haven't been able to put this one down.

Same boat here, always got bored of the others, I didnt much like the time restrictions on levels of some of the hitman games I've played. Blood money really hit the spot, I simply couldnt put it down, its got everything.

It is a genre you either love or you hate. I can totally understand a FPS guy not liking this, I'm the opposite, I hate FPS but love this :)

Overall I dare say this is in my top 3 360 games to date. Excellent game, worth every single penny, which alot of games these days seldom are.

• 6 months later...
No, but I do think the older ones are better thought. This ones ok too though, but alittle boring.

* off topic* Hah, I was just in a Dead Rising thread and you said that game was boring too.. Anyways this is my first Hitman game. When I first played it I hated it. I thought it was boring. But somehow I managed to beat the game. It wasn't easy.

• 1 month later...

I didn't really hear about the Hitman series until my brother brought one home. If I remember correctly, it was Hitman 2: Silent Assassins or so. I can't quite remember, but it was the one where 47 was living at the a church with a priest and his weapons were stored in the courtyard's shed.

Either way, I know I've played Contracts and I own Blood Money, I'd have to google and see the list of names. I can recall a lot of missions exactly, but can't seem to link each name with the different ones.

• 1 month later...