Hitman Has Difficulty Just for Hardcore

iBuzz7S

Just a snippet of the article.

Hitman: Absolution features a difficulty level designed specifically for veteran fans of the series, and will reward those who play the game as if they were playing past entries in the franchise.

This difficulty level - and associated achievements/trophies - require the gamer play in true stealth assassin style, Danish developer IO Interactive has revealed.

Lead producer Hakan Abrak said to get the stealth assassin-related achievements you'll need to do a number of things: "We will get into more details at a later point, but obviously it's linked to the playing style," he explained.

"It's more pacify your enemies, be undetected, maybe solve the challenges in a smarter way. That will probably give you a stealth assassin achievement."

The live Hitman: Absolution gameplay demo shown to press sees Agent 47 sneaking about a library, stealthily killing cops and assuming a disguise before escaping into a packed city street.

Absolution has come in for some stick from fans of the popular series for apparently ditching the hardcore stealth gameplay of previous games - in past Hitman games players would often try to kill only the "mark" assigned to Agent 47.

But, according to Abrak, the Absolution demo was choreographed to show off Absolution's new features - and should not be taken to indicate a drastic shift in direction.

So basically, similar to Blood Money, you will be rewarded for completing the game on the hardest difficulty, without being detected whatsoever.

I like that. I like the challenge, as it somehow promises the game to last a little longer than 3-5 hours, which doesn't seem to feed the average gamer.

Source + full article - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-04-hitman-has-difficulty-just-for-hardcore

I played a few of BMs levels on the highest difficulty and it was fun but intense

That's where the fun lies in any game. Sure it can get frustrating, but you can justify spending (insert local RRP here), knowing that you are getting what you paid for.

Trying to get "Silent Assassin" on Blood Money was extremely difficult, but the reward was great. From the article, it's given me the impression that there is more than just an achievement or two for this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And I quote "Absolution's new features - and should not be taken to indicate a drastic shift in direction." Everyone thought the game was going the style of Splinter Cell because of the game play but everyone likes to jump to conclusion.

My guess from the begging is that was the first mission escaping back into the world etc etc.

I loved every Hitman game and a new voice actor for 47 and Diana wont turn me away one bit. I hope Hitman Absolution has 50 achievements and some awesome DLC. Imagine the endless hours of fun. If Hitman were to ever go the Multiplayer route then I would be turned away exp: Assassins Creed.

Just my two cents!

• 7 months later...
And I quote "Absolution's new features - and should not be taken to indicate a drastic shift in direction." Everyone thought the game was going the style of Splinter Cell because of the game play but everyone likes to jump to conclusion.

My guess from the begging is that was the first mission escaping back into the world etc etc.

I loved every Hitman game and a new voice actor for 47 and Diana wont turn me away one bit. I hope Hitman Absolution has 50 achievements and some awesome DLC. Imagine the endless hours of fun. If Hitman were to ever go the Multiplayer route then I would be turned away exp: Assassins Creed.

Just my two cents!

Agreed I'm glad to hear this game is built to last

• 1 month later...