To much work to get level 100 now?

LessThan5

Hey guy's i am thinking of starting this game as it looks amazing. the SP achievements are pretty standard. but level 100... I have been seeing alot of people saying it takes forever to level up so if i started the game now roughly what am i looking at to hit level 100? 100+ hours?

Thanks

Hey guy's i am thinking of starting this game as it looks amazing. the SP achievements are pretty standard. but level 100... I have been seeing alot of people saying it takes forever to level up so if i started the game now roughly what am i looking at to hit level 100? 100+ hours?

Thanks

How does the rest of your natural born life sound, seeing as R* is still cutting RP(xp) payouts in patches :p. The serious answer is about 2-3 months of fairly serious playing, sorry I can't give you an hour estimate.

Thanks

How does the rest of your natural born life sound, seeing as R* is still cutting RP(xp) payouts in patches :p. The serious answer is about 2-3 months of fairly serious playing, sorry I can't give you an hour estimate.

stuff that for a joke. thanks for the reply

Reaching Rank 100 in GTA5 Online is much easier than reaching Rank 10 "Wanted" in GTA4 Online was, so it's not too bad.

It will take a long time if you hang around, appearing to be doing pretty much nothing in a Free Roam Lobby, like 75%-80% of people seem to be doing in GTA Online, but if you're regularly completing Missions you'll get to Rank 100 fairly quickly.

If you actually play the game (i.e. not run around only in Freemode or do the same race/mission over and over and over again), it really isn't that bad. Those who complain about the grind to 100 are those who aren't exactly doing anything else. Of course it's going to feel like a grind when you only do the same two or three missions (less than 1% of all that can be done)!

It takes about 10 rank-appropriate missions (the rank required to get it being about the rank you are) to rank up one level. But if you find people to play with that are higher up and play their missions, early on you can rank up every 2-4 missions (or even every mission really early on).

If you actually play the game (i.e. not run around only in Freemode or do the same race/mission over and over and over again), it really isn't that bad. Those who complain about the grind to 100 are those who aren't exactly doing anything else. Of course it's going to feel like a grind when you only do the same two or three missions (less than 1% of all that can be done)!

It takes about 10 rank-appropriate missions (the rank required to get it being about the rank you are) to rank up one level. But if you find people to play with that are higher up and play their missions, early on you can rank up every 2-4 missions (or even every mission really early on).

All of this right here!

I see it so many times where people complain about not ranking up but you see they have enough snapchat shots of their car/garage/shenanigans that you realize they're not paying attention to the huge chunks of wasted time.

I haven't leveled up bc when I do play, I have been more farting around than playing missions since I'm just a skitch away from 100. I mean, if the game launched as it did just without the abusing glitches, it would STILL be a grind.

Anyone who's been above level 100 since December "Cheated" their way up so now you have:

Players complaining there's not enough to do now

Players complaining there's too much to grind

Then there's players like you and I who look and say "Quit complaining and actually PLAY"

:dance:

stuff that for a joke.

Although you might be turned of by the lengthy grind to 100. I would highly recommend giving the multiplayer a fair go. If you're only going to play it to get the multiplayer achievements, it's probably won't be fun experience.

Best thing I can suggest would be to crew up and play productively and often. There are guides around the internets with quickest paths to rank 100, but it's still going to take you more than a month.

Good luck if you decide to go ahead with it :)

Anyone who's been above level 100 since December "Cheated" their way up so now you have:

Players complaining there's not enough to do now

Players complaining there's too much to grind

Me and several friends all have characters that are over 100 since December or before that. We did a ton of racing mixed in with missions and general free roam shenanigans. I've pretty much done it all but I still play for fun, I even still work on leveling up a second character.

But apparently we "cheated" our way to get there then huh? :rolleyes:

Me and several friends all have characters that are over 100 since December or before that. We did a ton of racing mixed in with missions and general free roam shenanigans. I've pretty much done it all but I still play for fun, I even still work on leveling up a second character.

But apparently we "cheated" our way to get there then huh? :rolleyes:

He's just frustrated at people that took advantage of exploits that wouldn't have been there in the first place if QA testing was more extensive. Prepare yourself :)

Edit: Funny he hasn't been back to 'explain' how we're all wrong and he's right. We're all 'Cheaters'. :p

Edited by Dirty130

It's a lot of work, yes. But you have to be fair. There are worse games for achievements. Ever play the game Devil May Cry 4? 80+ hours at a straight barrel-through. Metal Gear Solid IV? Hells longer.

GTA IV was much worse.

So, it's not a "too much work" as it is, "does your card deserve to have this achievement on it?" I'm guessing not.

It's a lot of work, yes. But you have to be fair. There are worse games for achievements. Ever play the game Devil May Cry 4? 80+ hours at a straight barrel-through. Metal Gear Solid IV? Hells longer.

GTA IV was much worse.

So, it's not a "too much work" as it is, "does your card deserve to have this achievement on it?" I'm guessing not.

This is the easiest way to look at it.

• 1 month later...
He's just frustrated at people that took advantage of exploits that wouldn't have been there in the first place if QA testing was more extensive. Prepare yourself :)

Edit: Funny he hasn't been back to 'explain' how we're all wrong and he's right. We're all 'Cheaters'. :p

Ah, Floid's been railing on about this for quite awhile. Just check in any of the threads that talk about boosting RP and he'll eventually show up to 'explain' his position on how you're cheating.

Frankly, I stopped listening when he even considers making a conscious choice to repeat the same job or race over and over as tantamount to cheating. Just nonsense...

Ah, Floid's been railing on about this for quite awhile. Just check in any of the threads that talk about boosting RP and he'll eventually show up to 'explain' his position on how you're cheating.

Frankly, I stopped listening when he even considers making a conscious choice to repeat the same job or race over and over as tantamount to cheating. Just nonsense...

Yeah, I think he has given GTAV Online a break and is playing Titanfall on 360 now. You'll probably find your post will bring him back, lol. He's just like anyone else though, he's got his own opinions on stuff and thangs. But yeah, the 'cheating' claim was just plain ludicrous I think. Meh..

I played the same opponent in Killer Instinct over and over last night. I used Fulgore every time too. Does that make me a cheater? Don't care. :p

Yeah, I think he has given GTAV Online a break and is playing Titanfall on 360 now. You'll probably find your post will bring him back, lol. He's just like anyone else though, he's got his own opinions on stuff and thangs. But yeah, the 'cheating' claim was just plain ludicrous I think. Meh..

I played the same opponent in Killer Instinct over and over last night. I used Fulgore every time too. Does that make me a cheater? Don't care. :p

Oh, I don't begrudge him his opinion, but that doesn't make it any less ridiculous. :D

Well, I think you're a cheater, so it final! :p

If you're a sad loser just after achievements go elsewhere, if you want to play a fantastic game then play this!

Simple!

You realize you're on a site for achievement hunters, yes?

If not, let me do you a solid by letting you know that you've just insulted everyone here.

Well played.

I often get calls from Lester, Martin, Trevor, and the others asking me to do missions that I have already done. By accepting those requests, does that make me a cheater? :eek:

Do you have to then put the game down when you have done all the missions? :confused:

I am not a big fan of grinding achievements because they eat up a lot of time, but if you compare getting to level 100 in this game to others, then this one is a walk in the park. I do not want all the achievements to be easily attainable otherwise it takes away from what it is actually called: ACHIEVEMENTS. When you get that achievement that has taken some time through perseverance then that leaves me with some satisfaction.

I guess you have the two camps, the people who go for high volume achievements and the ones that look for harder quality achievements.

If you're a sad loser just after achievements go elsewhere, if you want to play a fantastic game then play this!

Simple!

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/015/007/IJtZmtD.gif

Oh, I don't begrudge him his opinion, but that doesn't make it any less ridiculous. :D

Well, I think you're a cheater, so it final! :p

OK, you caught me. I'll stop cheating now. :p

I often get calls from Lester, Martin, Trevor, and the others asking me to do missions that I have already done. By accepting those requests, does that make me a cheater? :eek:

Do you have to then put the game down when you have done all the missions? :confused:

Yes. Or you too are a cheater. :D

• 5 weeks later...