X360A World Championship Round 2 - Driver sign up thread

LFC2K6

It's that time of year folks!

After the huge success that was our world championship on F1 2010, I see it as logical to assume there will be round 2 and so, I present to you all the sign up thread.

Now, at the time of typing this, no date has been set for the new season, hell, no discussion has even taken place regarding it, but I assume if last years is anything to go by, it will happen, and it will happen around the middle of October.

I am reliably informed that F1 2011 will have enough room for 16 human players in one lobby, thus provisionally leaving us with 4 spaces to fill.

I've taken the liberty of adding all those who finished last season, to the start of this, including the car they were driving.

Obviously any member of "the famous 12" is free to pull out, though I assume until I hear otherwise, you'll all be in.

Drivers are as follows...

01. Noddee 1984 | Red Bull -----> Lotus Renault GP 1

02. Daenius | Virgin -----> McLaren 1

03. o H i T M a N z | Williams -----> Lotus Renault GP 2

04. blue smarty | Ferrari -----> Red Bull 2 (Ferrari)

05. xI BR4D Ix | McLaren -----> Red Bull 1

06. alphamaniac89 | BMW Sauber -----> Toro Rosso 1 (Will just accept whatever's left as he probably won't make a lot of races)

07. LFC2k6 | Renault -----> McLaren 2 (Williams)

08. Slowinfastout | Mercedes -----> Mercedes 1

09. Tully123 | Lotus -----> BMW Sauber 1

10. xX Patriot Xx | Toro Rosso -----> Mercedes 2

11. Matt16594 | Provisional entry -----> Force India 1

12. Jack DC 93 | Provisional entry -----> Toro Rosso 2

13. iMcGlasson x X | Provisional entry -----> BMW Sauber 2

14. Quicksand Jesus | Provisional entry -----> Williams Cosworth 2

15. O1 Hellraiser | Provisional entry -----> Force India 2

16. iPinkMorph | Provisional entry -----> Williams Cosworth 1

Reserve driver 1. Rossdog 12 -----> Toro Rosso 1

Reserve driver 2. TeL2K7

Reserve driver 3. ryry2K10

Reserve driver 4. ii aM GhaNDi x

Reserve driver 5. Pined x360a

Reserve driver 6. Myth FTW

Reserve driver 7. Sgt H Stiglitz

Reserve driver 8. Varbos

To those who wish to fill a vacancy please have the following 3 things in mind before applying.

Firstly, we are competitive but always fair, there is no ramming or cheating here, just out and out racing. If you do not agree, don't apply!

Secondly, if at any point during the race you disconnect/quit, we won't restart it for you. It's a pain yes but had we done, we would still be going now.

Thirdly, possibly most off putting. Last years championship started in early October and ended mid-March. In short it took 5 months due to not being able to arrange dates due to commitments and time differences.

If you're okay with all that's written above, please register your interest in here and when we discuss the new season we'll be sure to include you :)

Thanks to Brad, we now have an awesome website to keep track of everything. This is getting a bit cluttered and I'll be having a clear up when we have all drivers sorted into teams.

Click here http://www.newstargames.com/brad/x360a/f1-2011/

Have put an example of our races below... apologies for the music, I didn't make it xD

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCsPKayXCFo]X360a F1 Championship - Round 18 Brazil - Race - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by LFC2K6
Updated everyones Gamertags

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh looking forward to this like think we need to discuss assists in this one.

oh and assist now cum with a weight penalty now so the more u run the heavier your car is.

Well it's one for discussion... But with assists apparently coming with a weight penalty, then I don't really see a problem with leaving them all on as choosing them comes with known risk.

As long as they're not huge penalties. Hundredths of a second I see as reasonable. If it's actual seconds then we would need to discuss.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, as Noddee says. I am not able to part take this season. I am not taking my xbox to Uni this year as there is simply nowhere to put it. I don't have anywhere near as much space, plus i'm sharing an internet connection with 5 people instead of 3 which could make me a lagging annoyance :(

I am very gutted I cannot stay and defend my title, but you guys will no doubt have fun without me... perhaps more lol :p

I will be in these formus to see videos and hear about the races so lots of details please haha. Also, I will be back around Christmas time if you want to all get together perhaps some time between Xmas and NYE for a race I can take part in. Just so I can relive the experience and see I how I measure up againt you guys on this version of the game.

Best of luck!

Lastly, this year will obviously result in a new champion.... Race of champions on Dirt 3? The super special stages are pretty sweet! lol.

Edited by pined5551

well it looks like theres plenty of people interested in joining us this year think we made a good account of it last year. think if we get 16 we shud run teams makes more sense and add a wee bit of team running again

I don't know if we should add teams this time around - there's going to be 8 people stuck with an AI and I'd strongly advise against using AI just for the sake of having a 24 car grid.

I guess we'll have to sort out logistics for this year when the game drops and the season comes closer, but concerning teams and including AI I'm not too sure this is such a good idea.

I don't know if we should add teams this time around - there's going to be 8 people stuck with an AI and I'd strongly advise against using AI just for the sake of having a 24 car grid.

I guess we'll have to sort out logistics for this year when the game drops and the season comes closer, but concerning teams and including AI I'm not too sure this is such a good idea.

I was thinking that hopefully we can manage to get an even number of people, say the full 16 (I don't think we should have a.i. for the sake of a 24 car grid, human players only) and split everyone into pairs. Then we could have a constructors title going along with the drivers title.

Thoughts?

I was thinking that hopefully we can manage to get an even number of people, say the full 16 (I don't think we should have a.i. for the sake of a 24 car grid, human players only) and split everyone into pairs. Then we could have a constructors title going along with the drivers title.

Thoughts?

Sounds goooood Johnnyboy :)

Despite this year being a bit more hectic for me as I am going to Uni & such, I will definitely be racing again this season! Cannot wait for the game to be released.

In response to the thing about giving us all a few weeks to get used to the game, I agree and think starting our season mid-October would be a decent time.

I have also put together another website for us to keep track of standings & such, plus it's a bit more interactive this year as you can click completed races and see all the race-times and complete race classifications. I will put it up on my website once we have some driver's join & agree on our first race date.

I really hope most of the driver's from last year can all participate this year, as we had a great group of guys & nobody was a dirty bugger (Apart from maybe my insane overtaking stunts that happened occasionally :D)

EDIT: Also, definitely no AI please.

Edited by x13radx