How many of you are going to Midnight Launch?

Artful Dodger

Or have you pre-ordered online and hoping to get it before the 20th?

Another thing I was wondering..

Because of the time differences around the world, Will this be released in places like New Zealand/ Austrailia before Europe and America ?

The UK is like 5 hours ahead of the US (east-coast) does that mean we get to play it before the Yankee Doddles ? If so, seems abit unfair seen as though it was y'all that made tha game..

Or am i being thick ? ;)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to go midnight release and skip classes the next day to catch up on sleep but since they aren't going to have any special events where I live and since there isn't going to be any special dlc being given out I decided that college was a little more important.

I'll definitely be going to the Midnight Launch, and then probably pulling an all nighter playing the game. And yeah, I think you guys will be getting it before us. I remember last year when Call of Duty Black Ops came out, I had this one guy on my list from the UK who was already playing it. I still had to wait like 4 hours until it was midnight.

Edited by Coadster1

watching the patriots/dolphins game until it ends, or 11PM, then heading to best buy with my girlfriend and best friend for the midnight release. Even though both of them have to wait for their amazon copies the next day.

not sure how much i'll play that night, probably just install the game then go to bed so i can have all day tuesday playing it.

I'm going to the Midnight Release of this one for sure. Sadly, my sisters birthday is the 20th (Part of the reason I'm going) so I wont have as much time to actually play it when it comes out. Going at midnight so I have more time then usual I suppose.

I went to the Gears 2 midnight release when I was 13 (I'm 16 now) so this will be my 3rd midnight release, so I think I'll head up to the local mall and pick it up, and then come home and test out multiplayer :D I have a few friends that will be playing too, and I already will take off the 20th from school, and then get some rest and sleep and play for the rest of the day. It's been such a long wait for this game, I'm going to play all day haha

Never had to go to a midnight launch before, cause my bro worked in a game shop and he got me the games 2-3 days earl anyway. But since he aint worked there for quite a while - This will be my first mid night launch :) - Sicki from work play for like 5-6 hours - sleep - red bull - PLAY as much as humanly possible (hoping to do the campaign) Work on Wednesday :(. Really looking forward to this though :)

15 DAYS TO GEARS OF WAR 3!!!

I sadly can't attend. I'm under 18 so i can't go on my own, i need a guardian or parent to be with me, and my parents dont want to go. So I'm probably not gonna sleep, hahaha.

I remember the last Midnight thing I went to was Reach. There were a bunch of kids who got dropped off by their parents who then promptly drove off. Does your Gamestop (or wherever) not allow this?

I mean, technically mine probably doesn't allow it either, but I don't think they really cared.

Anyway, I'll probably go. I'm being switched at work and midnight will be pretty late for me....might end up getting 3 or 4 hours of sleep because of it....but since when has that ever stopped me from gaming? :D

no offence for anyone that gets gmaes at midnight but i really see no point in getting it that late i mean when halo 3 came out i didnt even reserve it yet and the next day i said to gamestop um do u have halo 3 and i gave him the money went home then played it. So going at midnight really doesnt make much sense to me, i mean its not like their gonna be sold out or those are the last copies the games arent going anywhere and plus i dont play at midnight a bit late for me, no offence to anyone. Forgive me if im being rude its just something i never understood.

no offence for anyone that gets gmaes at midnight but i really see no point in getting it that late i mean when halo 3 came out i didnt even reserve it yet and the next day i said to gamestop um do u have halo 3 and i gave him the money went home then played it. So going at midnight really doesnt make much sense to me, i mean its not like their gonna be sold out or those are the last copies the games arent going anywhere and plus i dont play at midnight a bit late for me, no offence to anyone. Forgive me if im being rude its just something i never understood.

I only go for really big games that I'm super excited over. Halo: Reach was the last one, I'll probably go to two this year (Gears 3 & Halo: CEA)

I'd liken the feeling to Christmas day. You know, it's like when you're a kid and you set your alarm to 5AM so that you can open presents as soon as Santy Clause is gone? Then you open all your presents and pass out cause you woke up 3 or 4 hours early lol

Same with some games for me (and I assume for others...) - I really, really want Gears 3 and I want to break it open and play as soon as humanly possible. So I'll be setting my alarm early (Or, in this case, just not going to sleep when I usually would....) so I can play some Gears, and then go back to sleep.