How hard is the hardest difficulty?

LegendIsReal

Can you do this and change to the hardest difficulty at the very end of the level for it to count?

Anyone know this?

The game specifically makes note that you are changing difficulty and any achievement progress from the change is voided if you switch, so... I doubt they would add that in there if you could. But having not tested it... I can't say with 100% certainty, just 99.9% it wont work.

Also as far as hard being "hard" if you play it right away, it may get pretty tough, but playing hard after an initial play-through, it is one of those games that gets easier because you know how to take out bosses, and have a strategy for each enemy type, plus, NG+ you get to keep your unlocked pressens and longer combos, which turns it into a very easy game for most players.

Edited by Midnight Malice

The game specifically makes note that you are changing difficulty and any achievement progress from the change is voided if you switch, so... I doubt they would add that in there if you could. But having not tested it... I can't say with 100% certainty, just 99.9% it wont work.

Also as far as hard being "hard" if you play it right away, it may get pretty tough, but playing hard after an initial play-through, it is one of those games that gets easier because you know how to take out bosses, and have a strategy for each enemy type, plus, NG+ you get to keep your unlocked pressens and longer combos, which turns it into a very easy game for most players.

I find it easier then easy mode, Just put all reds in the 8 hit combo and all yellows and in the 6, all purples in the x,x,x combo and boom, easy KOs

I find it easier then easy mode, Just put all reds in the 8 hit combo and all yellows and in the 6, all purples in the x,x,x combo and boom, easy KOs

That's kinda what I meant, and almost exactly what I said lol. If you play hard right out of the box, you will probably run into some trouble, and could get frustrated on some fights that are actually somewhat tough (a few, not very many) but as a second play-through it is easier than easy (except again maybe a few parts) since you can build longer combos, have a better strategy of how to take on certain enemies and have unlocked pressens and understand the system better.

BTW, if you aren't using any of the chain pressens, you can make it even easier lol. I have xxx as my cooldown with a chain, yxyxy is my regen no chains xyyxyy heavy hitting with 2 chains and 8 hit has everything else thrown in there, I rarely use it because most things don't survive my 6 hit, and finishing an 8 hit combo is more trouble than it is worth most of the time you have to dodge 3-4 times to pull it off better to use xxx then fury spam.

Edited by Midnight Malice

I don't normally play many games on hard but decided to for this. I'm glad I did as it's not been too bad at all. The camera can sometimes be a pain but I never really got too troubled.

The games gives you loads of checkpoints, even mid fight, and every time it got tough I seemed to be given a new power.

I loved the game as a whole and just mopping up now for a very satisfying 1000 points.

My tips for Hard:

1. If there are only normal Leapers or Enforcers, take the time to build up Focus. Hit them without using Power pressens and you'll have more time for Focus building. The strategy of saving focus for the beginning of the next fight will make things MUCH, MUCH easier.

2. Use Rust in Pieces on any Seraphims (flying robots that shoot projectiles) ASAP. Forget Zorns or Elite Enforcers, I feel like these jerks are actually the worst enemies of the game. Their projectiles hurt quite a bit on Hard and even dodging doesn't guarantee safety.

3. Junk Bolt or Logic Bomb any Enforcers with shields, since they have a charging attack that could come out of nowhere.

4. For long, drawn out battles with boss or boss-like enemies, you can use Fury, and then after 8-9 hits, immediately use a Logic Bomb. They'll barely be standing after that kind of assault.

5. When there are two Skinners (big, bulky Leapers) at a time, use the Camo S-pressen and instantly overload one from behind. If you don't have enough focus, 3 Junk Bolts will be enough to take one of them out.

5. When fighting only orange or black enforcers, take the time to use Power pressens on them so you can Overload them. From what I've seen, there is NO benefit given from Overloading any enemy, but it's both relaxing and satisfying to know you're blowing up someone's brains from the inside-out.

If there's any benefit to Overloading an Enforcer or a Skinner, please share. I've played almost every chapter at least 3 times and I've yet to see them actually do anything other than look neat for a moment.

If there's any benefit to Overloading an Enforcer or a Skinner, please share. I've played almost every chapter at least 3 times and I've yet to see them actually do anything other than look neat for a moment.

"Overloading an enemy gives you a focus boost."

I know I read that somewhere - quite possibly a load screen tip. Besides looking cool it will also nullify any incoming attack while the animation plays.

• 3 weeks later...

Hard mode almost made me rage quit in the first 4 levels. When you don't have all the powers available to you the fights are very annoying. The dodge mechanic is clunky and does not seems to work right half the time as you still get hit because the enemies chase you down when dodging. The last half of the game wasn't that bad because you had most of your skills to help with the fights, but taking down skinners that have a ton of leapers around with only fury sucks.

Several of the combat achievements are pretty annoying on hard as well, but I just wasn't into the game enough to replay more than I had to.

Start on Normal to unlock pressens and get collectibles. It will make your life a LOT easier on Hard when you are surrounded by enemies and need to heal quickly when hit.

People like Littlejay who complain about the game mechanics need to look at their own shortcomings on why they are finding it tough.

Edited by slimepunch