Achievement Discussion

Method

• 2 weeks later...

Really disappointed there's no achievement for 5-starring every song on Hard. Unless it's a secret achievement. I liked having that to work toward in the first one, and it was very satisfying getting there. These achievements look much easier at first glance. Although 2,000,000 points seems like a lot. The most I got on a song in the first one was around 1,250,000.

Really disappointed there's no achievement for 5-starring every song on Hard. Unless it's a secret achievement. I liked having that to work toward in the first one, and it was very satisfying getting there. These achievements look much easier at first glance. Although 2,000,000 points seems like a lot. The most I got on a song in the first one was around 1,250,000.

Might be a Challenge where all or some of the songs are compiled in one like DC1? That's the only way I can think of. If not, we'll find out soon enough:)

• 2 weeks later...

I know many of you need a challenge and one of the secret has to be 5 star everything on hard, but I like to see more attainable achievements for me. I really enjoy the game and put in more hours than I can count on DC 1 but I was no where near 5 star on every song on hard. I also didn't like the break it down achievements, I always got bored with them and just went right to dancing the song to learn it.

Hi, new to these boards, but thought I'd chip in! Got DC2 today and only had time to try one dance so far..Lady Gaga Born This Way and got 3 achievements... including over 2,000,000, 5 star and flawless finish. I love it when a few easy ones pop up!

would be really interested in knowing what the secret achievements are and looking forward to finding out, glad there is alot less on the break it down mode as I also got bored of that quick in DC1.

Secret achievements are to defeat Dr. Tan's Robot army, We should have seen it comming cause in the Official Xbox Magazine review for the game there's a pic of Dr. Tan and that made me wonder he was going to be more involved in this game. They also mention some sort of carrer mode which i guess has to do with facing Dr. Tan

http://www.oxmonline.com/dance-central-2-review

Someone's popped 3500 calories already! I've played for 12 hours and burned 2000 so far so I'm guessing there's a way to manipulate that. They hadn't even popped 1000 photo's when I looked last night so I doubt that was legit. I'd burned 1800 calories before 1000 photos were taken. Not sure how you can cheat it since it doesn't ask for a weight this time!

And also, Doctor Tans challenge forces you into a 5 song back to back set of all the Crews final song challenges. You need to beat them with 4 stars or more or it's game over and you have to start again!

Edited by ButterflyEdge

Does it take photos during every game or only when you're playing from the Dance menu? I've been focusing on Crew Challenges and haven't noticed any photo stuff.

Photos are only taken during freestyles, and on the finishes. So that's 17 per song BUT Crew Challenge songs don't have freestyles, so it's literally just 1 per song during those!

For 'Dance Hall Legend' - 5 stars on every song, will performing on other difficulties mess it up i.e. you have to 5 star it on Med or Hard to count if you tried out those difficulties first.

I can't say that happened to me at least! But I didn't play much under hard, but there was definitely a couple in there lower than that somewhere and it popped for me fine.

I can't say that happened to me at least! But I didn't play much under hard, but there was definitely a couple in there lower than that somewhere and it popped for me fine.

I've beat all the songs on 5 stars but have about 4 songs I tried out on Medium and Hard (they're 4 stars). The achievement has not popped. Or could it be because the 5 star dinged on the finish on some songs?

Update - Never mind managed to get it as had not 5 starred one of the earlier songs before i attempted a harder difficulty. Once you perform a song on harder difficulty you cannot see your score and stars for lower difficulty. Be careful it may mess you up and there is no way to track it. I had to perform all the songs listed with M and H in the list at random.

Edited by leeloo

The Co-op achievements are going to be impossible for people like me who have nobody to do them with :/ other than that, I've been firing off an achievement every ten minutes or so...

You don't know one other person IRL? It's not like they need to be an actual gamer in order to dance with you (or just stand there so it counts as two people). The three-person in one photograph one's slightly harder though.

• 2 weeks later...

This game is incredibly way easier to 1000 than the first DC. I'm still only at 47/50 on the first DC and it took me at least 50+ hours to get there. In DC2, I've only played for maybe 3 hours so far and I'm already at 29/50. The 1000 is definitely looking better on this one, but mainly because Harmonix decided to remove any hard achievement from the first game. Flawless on every move, 100% in all of the Break it Down.

Also, playing with a friend speeds up things because whoever obtains a cheevo, makes it count for both. So even if my friend did not complete all of Riptide's routines on easy/medium/hard, if I obtain it, he/she gets it too. It's kinda ridiculous, but hey. If you and your friend are struggling on different songs on hard, you can cut the crew challenges in 2 and only focus on half the game really.

• 3 years later...