Very difficult game

i have to admit, the difficulty of the platforming has caused me to give up on this game

i got through the campaign on normal but i doubt i'll ever try hard mode(some of the final arenas leading to Calaca were brutal on normal)

the orb in sierra morena(spelling?) is what sent me over the top though...after hundreds of failed attempts at the third room where you have to continuously jump up while the platforms disappear, the frustration has taken over the fun factor of the game

i suppose if you are good at platformers, this game may seem easy

for anyone like myself that isn't good at platformers, this game seems insurmountable to 100%

i honestly had less trouble getting through inferno IV in trials fusion than i am having trying to get the orbs in this game

Hard mode just makes enemies hit harder. The puzzle rooms are no different.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i honestly had less trouble getting through inferno IV in trials fusion than i am having trying to get the orbs in this game

That's pretty crazy. I spent hours doing the hard trials levels, but had no issue with this game.

A few of my mates said it's real easy. Some have said it's real hard.

No idea what to think lol?

It all depends on whether or not you're good at platformers. The hardest thing in the game, in my opinion, were some of the battles leading up to the boss battles. I think it's pretty stupid that a battle right before a boss took me an hour, but the boss took me five minutes.

oh, i had plenty of trouble with the extreme trials tracks but at least i felt myself progressively improving the more i practiced

i remember how difficult Strider was for me also so i think the problem is simply my personal inability to get good at platformers....the game itself is really cool and i'm glad i at least got through the campaign once but i simply do not have the skills to 100% it

and Lavindathar:

since you wrote the ach. guide for Strider, you obviously have platforming skills so i doubt you would have issues with this game

Edited by wexsuvslim

I've had no problems with it. Granted, I played the basic version on PS3, but this one actually feels more responsive than the PS3 version.

For some of the more difficult platforming sections, it helps to take a breath, calm yourself down, and be deliberate. There are actually only a few that require split second timing. Most are pretty forgiving, while still being a challenge.

I'm about 94% complete on Normal. Just need to finish the golds on Infierno (which are probably the hardest part of the game, but even then just take a bit of trial and error) and then I'll do a hard run. I love this game, and was super excited when MS announced it as the free title for this month. I was ready to pay for it, honestly.

A few of my mates said it's real easy. Some have said it's real hard.

No idea what to think lol?

This was one of the most frustrating 1Ks I've done in recent memory. The platforming sections are just evil, especially the ones you have to do for some of the orbs. The combat was the games saving grace to me, its fluid & responsive although it did have far to many enemies with knockback attacks.

At the end of the day it's a solid game & you should play it (especially since it's free). However trying to get all the achievements will seriously test your patience & will likely spark a good deal of anger.

I think Guacamelee is the easiest XB1 game to 100% so far.

Fifa 14 is by far the easiest I've played. Also Halo: SA. The only thing with Halo is that is extremely boring sometimes (all those Spec Ops... argh)

I really like Guacamelee and its not that hard for me now. Lets see in the near future when I start grinding those Inferno challenges.

Whilst it isn't as hard as I was expecting, it certainly isn't as easy as the likes of Sixty Second Shooter or Another World (or Max for that matter). I've still got another 5 achievements left and must admit I'm struggling on some of the Challenges. Got 12 of 17 so far at gold.

Edited by Menion Leah

While I've only played a handful of XB1 games, Max has been the easiest to 100% so far.

Whilst it isn't as hard as I was expecting, it certainly isn't as hard as the likes of Sixty Second Shooter or Another World (or Max for that matter).

What did you find difficult about Max?

What did you find difficult about Max?

Arrghhh, typo. I meant to say that this wasn't as EASY as Sixty Second Shooter, Another World or Max. I hadn't checked my post unfortunately.Max was an easy completion. Another World is the quickest and easiest completion on the Xbox One at the minute. Around an hour for 1000gs. I'm around 12 hours into this and still have a few achievements left to get.

I've edited my original post so it shows what I meant.

If I go through the game on Normal Mode, can I do essentially a "new game plus" where my stats and upgrades carry over for Hard Mode? I'm having some trouble on Hard and at this point would rather just do two playthroughs to make things a bit easier if that is the case.

If I go through the game on Normal Mode, can I do essentially a "new game plus" where my stats and upgrades carry over for Hard Mode? I'm having some trouble on Hard and at this point would rather just do two playthroughs to make things a bit easier if that is the case.

No the only thing that carries over is unlocked costumes and silver coins. Doing two playthroughs will still make it easier as you'll be alot better at the game. I did my Hard playthrough in a couple of hours with no problems.

Officially hating the Lightning skeletons: these bastards are overpowered and I'm stuck on my hard run thanks to all the other enemies they like to tie in there with them. Gah!

I was stuck on one of the last arenas before the final boss on hard mode because of these buggers. One of them with two bone throwers, then two with a big guy before three of them together. Got through them finally this morning and finished the game off. I found the arenas in the last stage harder than the bosses.

The last boss is kicking my ass on normal, I think hard is well beyond me.

You just have to learn his attacks. I don't remember 100%, but:

1. Arms go back = Duck
  2. Arms go up = Double jump
  3. Lines forming an X or two vertical parallel lines = Go to middle of screen
  4. Mouth opens = Double jump, dodge roll to the right, double jump to the left

Hopefully that helps.

I completed normal mode 100% earlier, and have 900/1000 gamerscore, just a hard run left to do!

The only part i found a tad frustrating was going for the orb in Sierra Moreno where the tiny platforms keep dissapearing, other than that pretty straight forward, even getting gold on the challenges was pretty easy and the reward of being able to fly as a bird after beating them made collecting the remaining chests a doddle!

This was one of the most frustrating 1Ks I've done in recent memory. The platforming sections are just evil, especially the ones you have to do for some of the orbs. The combat was the games saving grace to me, its fluid & responsive although it did have far to many enemies with knockback attacks.

At the end of the day it's a solid game & you should play it (especially since it's free). However trying to get all the achievements will seriously test your patience & will likely spark a good deal of anger.

Imagine doing Tree Tops or the Moreno orb location on Vita, now that was painful.

The only problems I ran into with the hard run was a couple of rooms in the Great Temple. One where you're locked into a small box with bone throwers surrounding it and a drummer boy in with you. Or the one that's been mentioned in another post, two lightning skeletons, 2/3 of the massive guys and an assortment of others (it's where the camera keeps zooming in on you as you burst through a wall). In the end I just ignored everything and dodged my way through to the exit, on about the 20th attempt.