I cant set my Gamertag

Squigglyo

I have just made an account and did not enter my GamerTag during the registration.

I cannot find any options to enter it now that my account has been created though.

Gamertag:	No gamertag assigned to this user

Xbox Live Status:
No gamertag assigned to this user

Can someone point me in the right direction, thanks.

Guest Scotty
I have just made an account and did not enter my GamerTag during the registration.

I cannot find any options to enter it now that my account has been created though.

Gamertag:	No gamertag assigned to this user

Xbox Live Status:
No gamertag assigned to this user

Can someone point me in the right direction, thanks.

welcome to the site. You will first need to get 5 posts on the forums to be able to enter your gamertag, and they will need to be in gaming/xbox related areas to count, as post count is disabled in certain areas, like off-topic.

Then you can enter your gamertag, by clicking 'usercp' which is the first option on the green bar that runs along the page near the top. from here, there will be a list of options down the left hand side of the page, find 'edit details' and click it. then scroll to the bottom of that page and you will find a box to enter your gamertag.

If you want your gamertag to appear on your forum posts however, you will need a further 45 posts, making 50 so that you qualify for the leaderboards.

you can read everything about these issues HERE

• 2 weeks later...
50 posts seems a little much especially when its specific to "forum" posts. Ive been using this site for almost 3 years and have posted multiple times in the achievements section of the site but have 0 "forum" posts, lame.

50 posts isn't that much, to be fair, but this is something i believe will eventually be reduced. Also, it is a perk for the community of the site, so be a part of the community and be rewarded with the perks;)

And posting in the achievements section on the main site doesn't add up because it isn't part of the forums, at all. The main site and the forums are 2 separate entities.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the site^^ You just keep getting involved in whatever the topics interest you. Soon you will find out that 50 posts isn't even too much.

Dunno if it really helps, but you can think of it as a game, the further you level up, the more unlocks you get so you can fill up your profile.. something like that. :p

Why don't achievement thread posts count along with forum posts?

The site is divided into a "front" and "back" for lack of better terms. The front page, the news, reviews and Achievement Guides are all on the front of the site. The forums are all on the back of the site. Only the posts on the back of the site are counted. Just like there's no way to put the achievement comments on watch like you can in the forums. Every game has it's own forum and many of them have threads dedicated to talking about the achievements. If you care about post count, you should check them out :)

The site is divided into a "front" and "back" for lack of better terms. The front page, the news, reviews and Achievement Guides are all on the front of the site. The forums are all on the back of the site. Only the posts on the back of the site are counted. Just like there's no way to put the achievement comments on watch like you can in the forums. Every game has it's own forum and many of them have threads dedicated to talking about the achievements. If you care about post count, you should check them out

Uh nope. Let me put up in the basic-est terms so you will understand. The front end is one potion and the forum is a separate potion. These front and the php forum are both basically just linked with text. The way a forum system works is, it automatically records whatever goes on in the forum but not in the front because it has nothing to do with the front. The only way to make it shown is by adding a small module (in this case the "award system" in your mini profile) which barely can even be seen. The developers haven't really implemented anything else to make them all count.. other than the award system of course.

Question, since I just had to change my gamertag:

If I post something in the forum of spesific games, do they count as a post?

Great place for getting help for achievements here. Why haven't I joined before! :)

Cheers

yes that would count as a post.

Question, since I just had to change my gamertag:

If I post something in the forum of spesific games, do they count as a post?

Great place for getting help for achievements here. Why haven't I joined before! :)

Cheers

Welcome to the site. Yes. All forum posts count except those in the off topic area. Be sure to check out the Ultimate x360a FAQ and the Forum Rules.

Edited by troy0891

I have a quick question (sorry if it's been asked before) does your gamer score tag update?

Mine says 93495 and I have well over 100k

it does when you qualify for the leaderboards. You can read all about it HERE:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
50 posts seems a little much especially when its specific to "forum" posts. Ive been using this site for almost 3 years and have posted multiple times in the achievements section of the site but have 0 "forum" posts, lame.

50 isn't much at all, it shouldn't take you long. All my posts were for GTAV

I'm going to lock this thread now. It's just being used for what we classify as spam/boosting post count with no constructive discussion taking place. I will leave the thread in place in case someone else has the same question (and can't seem to find the stickied threads that already answer this exact same question) they will see the answers here.