Halo 2 On Vista

XreyzX

Hey guys, i have Vista ultimate, but a crappy GFX Card. I bought a new one, but i cant open op the side of my comp, because its jammed. Any help please because i really wanna gte this game, im amazing at Halo 2 I had to XBL accounts, 1 ranked 32, the other 28 (this one). Is there a way to play with my crappy stock graphics card? And, one last question, how exactly does it know your gamertag, and know your the real owner of it?

Thanks!

~Anubis

Can't help you with opening the computer, go to Best Buy and talk to the Geek Squad, they should be able to get it open for you (and install it if you need them to).

However, I had the same problem (sort of), because my motherboard was too old to run Vista, so I bought a stock computer to get that going, then I switched my gfx card from my old computer into my new one. Halo 2 (or any other game) WILL NOT run without the proper score index (I tried to see what would happen, and it just wouldn't even start). Halo 2 requires a 5.0 and Shadowrun needs a 4.0 - luckily I played a lot of WC3 and WoW back in the day, so I had a good gfx card and got a 5.9 score (the highest you can get).

Concerning the game knowing your Live name, you sign in with your .net passport (your hotmail ID) and that password.

Right, Thanks mate. the GFX card i was planning to use would be the Geforce 6600 I think, could you tell me if I would be able to run Halo 2 with that? If not, tell me one you would recommend! Thanks for your help man, i wish there was a rep system!