Achievement Discussion

JuSt BLaZe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Demon's Souls trophies are any indication, this will be a HARD list.

I finished Demon's Souls but never got any of the other trophies [weapon upgrades etc..]. I know people that wanted me to help them in exchange for the trophies [legit], but I wasn't into that.

I really hope they continue the message / death view system from the first game - it was brilliant in its simplicity.

I'm sure co-op will make the achievements much easier, the way it did in the first game. But all bets are off when the Black Phantoms show up....

Yeah I think it's going to be one extremely hard & challenging game including the achievements. From what I've seen so far, even in the demo-videos (E3) the "YOU DIED" or "YOU HOLLOWED" screen showed up way too often. Looking forward though cause I wasn't that lucky to play Demon's Souls on the PS3.

I'm definitely interested. I never played Demon's Souls. If it didn't come out so close to Rage, I would consider picking it up day 1. But, I'll wait for reviews and a price drop.

Is the game a fair hard? or is it just cheap? Going off how Demon's Souls played, of course.

• 1 month later...
I'm definitely interested. I never played Demon's Souls. If it didn't come out so close to Rage, I would consider picking it up day 1. But, I'll wait for reviews and a price drop.

Is the game a fair hard? or is it just cheap? Going off how Demon's Souls played, of course.

Demon's Soul requires more of timing and finesse to everything you do when fighting unlike some other hack n' slash game where they specifically make the Enemy AIs cheap.

Well, the list has finally been revealed. Looks pretty challenging. I don't like the THE DARK SOUL one (All achievements completed. Congratulations!). So in fact it's only 950 :gsicon: and a cheap PS3-Platin-Trophy rip-off. They probably couldn't think of anymore achievements and I assume the Secret Achievements are mostly story-related.

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

Well, the list has finally been revealed. Looks pretty challenging. I don't like the THE DARK SOUL one (All achievements completed. Congratulations!). So in fact it's only 950 :gsicon: and a cheap PS3-Platin-Trophy rip-off. They probably couldn't think of anymore achievements and I assume the Secret Achievements are mostly story-related.

I'm sure they could have but alot of 360 games are now getting the demon's souls "Plat" achievement now.

It's fair hard.It is NOT a button smashing game it's more about patience and caution.If you go read the reviews for demon's souls on metacritic you'll see fair hard being mention a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So, its safe to assume that all the achievements can be got offline?

Yes as with it's predecessor, they all should be able to be acquired by your lonesome self waiting for the enemies to pop out of the darkness as you sulk you way through the oozy piles of bodies before you. God i can not wait :)

Quick question: How much harder would it make the game if I just joined each covenant as they become available (in one/a small number of playthroughs)? I was hoping to try and get as many achievements done as possible before NG+ which apparently makes everything even worse.

You don't actually have to join the covenants to get those achievements, you just need to discover how you join them, rather who you need to talk to, to join them.

I have already gotten: Way of the White and Forest Hunter. The only one I actually joined was Forest Hunter.

so how difficult would the full 1000 be now that everyone has played some of the game

So far, I think two or 3 playthroughs will do because this first playthrough I am trying to avoid using the guide unless I can't find out where to go next and try experiencing it all first. Then the next two will be collecting everything. So far done with blightown and Queelag, and joined the dragons so I am back in the Undead Asylum at about 13 hours or so playtime.

I believe someone who got the Plat on PS3trophies said that at least 2 1/2 playthrough because you need to kill the Wolf 3 times and thats if you're following a guide.

You should have all rare weapons available at the box or your inventory , not all weapons are rare and you need to complete 2 playthroughs and a half if you follow a guide cause you need to kill sif the wolf 3 times , so you can blame sif , weapons or items cannot be sold but you can feed it to a monster for souls .