Car Help Thread

AntneyB

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pissed and wondering if anyone else has this problem.

So this is the only car I'm missing and I know exactly where to find them. They're all over the place in the street crime "Hot Property" (which it took forever to be called in, also infuriating). The game is all but mocking me with the sheer NUMBER of these cars in this street crime. Thing is, when I get into one, it doesn't register. I mean nothing comes up to indicate I haven't driven the car before and I know I haven't because it is the only car missing from the 2 door section.

I've tried nabbing the one that swerves during the chase and the one time I could reach it without failing the mission it didn't pop. I tried rushing into the ones in parking lots during the chase to give myself more time. Nothing.

:/ I don't know what to do. I think I'm pretty much giving up on the remaining achievements I have for this game. This one isn't worth 30GS and I'm not wasting my time collection the film reels... because stuffing those in as collectibles was pointless.

Edited by GENWAKU

The last car I am missing would be the 2 door Ford Convertible. I've read a few pages back that 2 others were having the same problem as me. Tried every method over ten times each and still nothing. My last resort is to just wait and hope the car randomly drives by. :/ Any other tips besides the Showroom glitch? I used that to get almost all of the cars I was missing, it just won't work for the Ford Convertible.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 2tired2care

I just need help with the Chevrolet Van and the Mercury Custom. I tried everything that the guide said regarding what cases to try and find these cars, but to no avail. Please someone help! These are my last two cars!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I can't guarantee this will work every time, but it worked all three times I did it. I was sitting at 92/95 for damn near 3 hours couldn't find a damn one. Found a link online that said this:

Go to extras menu, find the car your missing and press :xbut:. Then go to cases and start up free roam in homicide.

I did this, thinking, what have I got to lose? Worked like a charm. :woop: As soon as I started free roam, there was the car sitting at the intersection, every time. I know it sounds nuts, but give it a try. Maybe it'll work for you too.

I hope this helps anyone out there who still hasn't gotten this one. It drove me insane!

After 2 days of being stuck on 92/95 i tried this and found my last 3 cars in under 2 minutes! If anyone is stuck on finding a certain car, this is definatly the way to find them!

• 2 weeks later...

some cars are able to be found in an easy way. go to a car in the showroom and if it is grayed out press X on it and then proceed to loading up a case. load up the homicide desk and dont move. wait for your car to pass or look across the street in the parking lot. chances are it will come around. i used this method for about 30 cars and it works flawlessly

• 3 weeks later...

Service 10: Chevrolet Tow Truck

Sports 5: Lincoln Continental Convertable

Sports 3: Mercury Custom

These cars I cannot find at all. I've been to the places that are recommended in the guide multiple times in free roams (even using different discs), but they are never there.

Even in the areas where they are supposed to be parked they are never there. Should you walk or drive yourself there or get your partner to?

Also the MERCURY CUSTOM, in Silk Stocking Murder it is supposed to be behind the house (Maldonado). But it isn't there, always another car, is it in the back garden or in someone elses? tried looking about..

Any help?

Thanks

Go Nozza!!! Was wondering when one of the mods would do this :)

Also worth mentioning Epic Awesomeness' theory on how to get a car you are missing, which has been confirmed by a number of members :)

In the menu go to extras

Then go to Vehicle showroom

Go to a vehicle you haven’t driven yet

While over it press A

Then go to Cases and pick Homicide Free roam

The car you selected should be in the parking lot in front of you or around it

In my experience it worked real well with 2 door and 4 door vehicles but not service vehicles

This saved me hours... thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
I can't guarantee this will work every time, but it worked all three times I did it. I was sitting at 92/95 for damn near 3 hours couldn't find a damn one. Found a link online that said this:

Go to extras menu, find the car your missing and press :xbut:. Then go to cases and start up free roam in homicide.

I did this, thinking, what have I got to lose? Worked like a charm. :woop: As soon as I started free roam, there was the car sitting at the intersection, every time. I know it sounds nuts, but give it a try. Maybe it'll work for you too.

I hope this helps anyone out there who still hasn't gotten this one. It drove me insane!

Worked perfectly. Did the above, drove straight ahead to the intersection, and sure enough, sitting there was the elusive Packard Clipper Six, my last car. I literally searched for hours, and tried all other methods posted in various guides, with no luck.

Great tip, Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
for your car spawn problem in LA Noire you should do the following

You mentioned that you have been pressing A button

Highlight the blacked out car you need and press the x button(blue) a couple of times to be sure, then back out using red b button to go back to the select menu, head to cases then free roam homicide, worked for me for 5 cars.

Have a picture of the car you need so that you can easily spot it when you start. this trick worked for all my normal cars needed, but not the service cars. That would be 2d,4d and sports I assume as I only had to get 4d and 2d.

Hope it works

Also for the tow truck, I found in MacArthur Park area after a couple mins of driving round the park, also for the Colecto Pak I found this just driving around, try the industrial area during the day

Never worked for me pressing A button. But I got the last 11 cars I needed pressing X button, instead. Worked 11 times in a row, no sweat