Stupid Chef's Hat.

tishy19

So I'm Queen, and I keep swinging by the kitchen to befriend the chef, but, alas, there is no chef! All I can find in the kitchen are some servants, but no one is labeled as 'Chef.' Can I still get the hat from these chicks, or does it have to be a chef that gives it to me?

i heard it had to be the chef i think housemaids give makeup sometimes, i managed to dig up a hat it was in the cesspools under the gnome i was well shocked. i still have least 2 spare chefs hats doing nothing.

Yep, now I'm jealous. XD

maybe i implied it wrong, but your welcome to have one of my spares if you want one, i gain nothing from them.

Oh! lol I thought you were just making conversation. XD I'd be so appreciative if I could have one! Thanks! Add me on live, I should be on in about 2 hours from now. Gotta wait for my work day to end.

ok if people are having this much trouble aquiring one of these just send me a message and i'll gift you one, i've got like 15 of them :) Got lucky and found one from a dig spot early on.

BTW they are named Cook's Hat in the game.

GT: MONOXBOOG1E

Edited by MONOXBOOG1E

Getting this damn hat is annoying ;.; I've gotten like 20 gifts from them and still nothing. I'm out wandering around and digging while I wait for them to decide to give me a hat and still nothing XD

What I did was have my female character marry one, moved them to a house, then kept sleeping and traveling back and forth between the castle (where I'd check the drawers and the town). For sleep I chose > Sleep til midnight, Mid-day, an then Morning (you may be able to do less but that worked every time). It took about a dozen or more gifts from the chef to actually get it, however just to note.... I made obscene gestures and made him go from happy to "fine" and then got him back to happy status (he asked to go to the throne room, somehow I get there and that quest wasn't working, I then spoke to him again and he asked for a gift which I had already and gave to him and he then gave me a gift not even half a minute later and it was the Cook's hat which followed with the achievement unlocking). It's good to buy a house somewhere small so you can find him easily, I originally had him in Millfields after clearing the few bunches of balverines and one group of mercenaries and then moved him to the Mercenary camp. I kept upkeep at 250 and then decreased it to 25 before getting him to "Fine" status and before getting him back to happy status I put the upkeep up to 300.

It sounds like a lot but hopefully that helps.

PS I got some other good gifts in the meantime and found a Bob haircut (which I've heard is pretty rare) in the drawer in the castle bedroom.

Edited by Ferocious

ok if people are having this much trouble aquiring one of these just send me a message and i'll gift you one, i've got like 15 of them :) Got lucky and found one from a dig spot early on.

I just want to give MONOXBOOG1E many shout outs for giving me a cook's hat just 3mins. ago. Now I never have to worry about this thing again.

Kudos to MONOXBOOG1E for giving me a Cook's Hat.

I'd invite you to a beer, man, if it wasn't such a long trip to the US of A... My chef's were getting on my nerves, in the end i got around 150-160 presents from them and not one stupid hat. I have led them all to the throne room and held court over them. As judge, jury and executioner it was an honor (and heartfelt pleasure) to behead them all!!! :boom

MONOXBOOG1E --> :drunk <-- NiteChylde

I'm sure I found one of these out the back of the pub in Bowerstone Market in a chest...

Its totally random - which was stupid. One game save, I had a cook's hat as the first gift I got in the castle. Another game save has been questing those chefs for several real-time days and not a single cook's hat.

Have you got any more of these left, I just can't seem to get 1.

Getting this damn hat is annoying ;.; I've gotten like 20 gifts from them and still nothing. I'm out wandering around and digging while I wait for them to decide to give me a hat and still nothing XD

marry one sleep 2 days.

should work

Edited by ANIMAL NL

Lucky you. I haven't even gotten a single gift from this damn chef. We're best friends and still nothing. Apparently that doesn't mean anything.

Kudos to MONOXBOOG1E for giving me a Cook's Hat.

I'd invite you to a beer, man, if it wasn't such a long trip to the US of A... My chef's were getting on my nerves, in the end i got around 150-160 presents from them and not one stupid hat. I have led them all to the throne room and held court over them. As judge, jury and executioner it was an honor (and heartfelt pleasure) to behead them all!!! :boom

MONOXBOOG1E --> :drunk <-- NiteChylde

Glad i was able to help so many people with this. Unfortunetly i'm all out of hats now and can't dupe any more until that damn freezing issue gets patched. I can still gift you one if it's the last thing you need for the achievement but i'll need it back.

If anyone else wants to take the reigns and dupe more hats i'm sure the community would be much appreciated, I'm still getting a lot of requests for them.

Edited by MONOXBOOG1E