This game doesn't look promising...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really not bad, despite some of the people in here.

To the idiot person who originally posted this: Don't say "I told you so" when you haven't even played it. It's a troll thing to do and makes you the name I originally called you.

For those interested, it's not great, but it's not bad either. It's better than a lot of other shooters that have come out at $60, and for $40 you are pretty much getting what you should expect - a decent shooter that gets right to the point.

The campaign is decent so far. You shoot people in the head and it goes into bullet tracing mode which shows people get owned. Pretty cool. Whoever talked about spotting issues is just running around too much. You CAN go prone, and you are expected to. You have to account for heart-rate, breath, and wind. It works most of the time, I haven't played enough to say how accurate it is, so keep that in mind. The grappling hook thing is really dumb, but when it helps get you to good sniper spots it's forgivable. If you like sniping missions and aren't expecting to be playing Call of Duty, the campaign is alright.

As for multiplayer, bear with it. It's incredibly frustrating at first because it takes a few of the harder elements out of the game completely, and it's a more typical "aim and shoot". Heart-rate still matters, and the scope bounces around. Holding your breath makes a more accurate shot, and so on. It's very bare bones, with only three game modes, with different maps depending on game mode... however, they are well put together. I'd actually say this is quite a nice change of pace. You join a match, find a good sniper spot, and own people. No perks, no class upgrades and customizing, just good old shooting.

The downfall is the radar. A little circle shows up as each player and gives you a direction. It doesn't give you height or depth, but it makes it a bit easy. I have noticed that sometimes it's welcome. It can be extremely boring to just camp for 20 minutes and only shoot one person, so it gives you a vague idea of where to look. You shouldn't show up at all times.

Also, screw any one of you that runs around with a pistol and grenades. You make it less fun.

Called it since the day it was announced.

You are right. The people that don't like it probably played it for roughly one game, died 8 times in a row and quit. I like it because it isnt just a run around with noobtube/OMA and getting triple kills. You really have a right to judge a game that you haven't even played, sir. You aren't even one of the people that got killed 8 times in a row. You haven't even played it therefore your opinion does not matter in any way, shape, or form.

Sorry, I had to register just to add my 2 cents to this thread.

I got the game today, played it for about 5 hours, and it is terrible. It is the worst shooter I've played on the 360. I love first person shooters, I love sniper games, but this is just terrible.

Single player is a horrible unimaginative railroad shooter where you only take ONE proper sniper shot for the first three levels. ONE!!! I mean come on, sniper is in the title, you'd think it they'd base it more about... you know... SNIPING!!!

Multiplayer is worthless. Just crap. Three maps, three modes, all bullshit. What's the point of being a stealthy sniper if your position is constantly updated on the enemy radar? What's the point of taking cover if the game constantly keeps that blade of grass 3 inches from your face in focus, but your crosshair target blurry? How about the ability to hit a charging enemy 4 TIMES (blood and everything) with a SNIPER RIFLE and still have him stab you to death? I know, many will probably say 'ur just a shit shot noob' and that may be so, but that doesn't stop this game being utter crap.

The developers took an idea that could have made a really special and unique game, and then shat all over it. I'm genuinely offended that they duped me into buying it.

Edited by MT Greyson

Ohh... another "I told you so." Please, that's like bragging to your friends about how you "predicted rain" after watching the weather than morning and saw the meteorologist reports of 70% chance rain and thunderstorms.

This is nothing at all like predicting rain after seeing a 70% chance. Are you kidding me? IGN was making it sound lke a great game. And did you see all the comments after my OP? They were all bashing the hell out of me. I deserve to say I told you so for DAMN sure after all that.

Personally, I still have not played this game. I play all the sniping Black Ops in the MW2 Special Ops mode, and all the levels in both MW1 and MW2. I snipe in every game and I do a lot of actual research on sniper rifles. Not wikipedia research like you kids these days.

Judging by the comments from people who have played the game, it seems like it is exactly as I predicted. But I have put it in my Q for Gamefly and its on its way. We shall see...

Played the game for about two hours. How is it? Pretty bad. Does it have even an ounce of goodness in it? Sure, a few things of course. But is it worth the buy? No. Why? Because you'll likely NEVER play it again, that is if you even finish it all the way through.

The rope/grappling hook is horrid. With no directions on how to get your player to slide down the rope, it leaves you dangling from a tree branch. While dangling, you can either get shot at and die, or risk pressing different buttons, which in turn cause you to fall ot your death and start aalllll the way over. Lovely!

The environment graphics are good, but shadows and player models are NOT. I'm scared to death to even look into my characters eyes because they're so creepy. Shadows are very pixelated.

MUCH more often than not, enemies will be looking in a different direction and their guns will even be pointing elsewhere, yet the bullets still come right at you. Can actually be a little entertaining watching some guy looking directly at the sky and still shot you, I'll admit I laughed out loud.

Hiding in the game isn't anything like training. In training, you have rookies walking all over your body trying to find you while prone in shady tall grass. In the actual game, enemies will find you after a very VERY short while. Trust me, I'm not doing anything wrong, they simply just stare and STARE until they see you, or they randomly turn around from about 130 meters and shoot you. I don't know if its because tey were rookies or if the game was designed so the rookie AIs wouldnt find you.

Bullet drop and wind speed is, uuuh, hit or miss, literally. You kind of have a 50% chance of hitting your target, even if you judge the speed of the wind and how far you are from the target and bullet drop. At the beginning of the game I would take my time each shot. Now, if I don't get it the first sot I just spam. Hardly any recoil so why not. Good sniper simulator, right?

Listening to people over the radio channel is frustrating to hear what they're saying. I haven't checked if you can turn subtitles on, but I'm not being drastic or exaggerating, its ridiculous.

Hard difficulty is hard. Thats a plus.

I have been one of the unfortunate souls to get stuck in the water up by the concrete ramp on the One Shot One Kill level (first level). Very stupid how you can't get out of it and have to revert to last checkpoint.

MP isn't thriving, though it isn't completely dead. Try back in a month? Close to dead. Three months? DEAD.

The entire first 15 minutes reminded me so much of call of duty it was annoying.

The feel of the game feels very loose and not as tight as other shooters might be. (very opinionated)

Grenades might as well not be in the game. Heres something fun to do though. Through a grenade directly at a wall standing right in front of it and see what happens. Don't try it on a rock wall.

I don't know. I really tried to enjoy and kept thinking maybe I was thinking it sucked so much because thats just what I had predicted and felt like I needed to live up to my word. But in all honesty, this really really isn't worth the buy. And I can't see anyone really enjoying this as a rental either. Or at least not playing for the entire rental period. The game I think is just what I thought. It's just a bad game, the graphics are great, the sniping is NOTHING new. They took everythign from Call of Duty sniping missions. And DON'T say every game takes something form another game. I know that. But Call of Duty thought of a lot of those things off the top of their head, where no ther game had done it before. Difference? They were creative. City Interactive is literally not being creative at all. They just took the Call of Duty sniping missions and made it into an entire game. But without Call of Dutys greatness.

If you rent this game, have very low expectations. That way, you might end up liking it...for the first hour, if that. Thats my take on the game. I'm going to drag myself into playing it for a little longer to see if I can bear with it and get some more achievements out of it. Other than that I'm definitely returning it.

nice summary/review there lovat.

I was trying to find some sort of defense for the game but you were right most of what you said.

I agree the online will die out in a few months and eventually the game itself will die out soon after.

It's a shame i was looking forward to this a lot and was really disappointed with game, the game had potential but failed to deliver.

I also recommend rent.