Where is retail copy? Cant pre-order?

SiKiTtOyA

So I was putting in some pre-orders today when I completely forgot about RE4 HD. As I was searching around I could not find it anywhere? Amazon, Newegg, Walmart, and Gamestop do not have retail copies of this game?

I thought it was going to be digital and retail as per this, http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-9113-Resident-Evil-4-HD-and-RE--Code-Veronica-X-HD-Priced-and-Trailered.html

Does anyone know? It is less then 3 weeks away and i'm pretty sure you should be able to pre order by now?

Sorry for the late reply, but in case you haven't found your answer, that news article is mistaken. There was some false news that spread around during Comic-Con stating they would do a disc release, but Capcom has since denied it. There will be no physical release outside of Japan.

Source from Gamespot (posted during Comic-Con) that originally claimed a disc release then admitting to their mistake, and source from Capcom (posted after Comic-Con) stating they'd be "available only for Xbox LIVE Games on Demand and PlayStation Network in North America and Europe."

oh ok. thanks! faster to dl then to go to store and i buy i guess :)
5GB usually takes over an hour to downlaod (which you would have to do twice if you want both games) and a car drive to my local game stop is 40 minutes total both ways.

Here you go :D Taken at my house

You forgot the sexy artbook.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/318811_210233819041010_100001631792123_609169_2027890565_n.jpg

Edited by mcnichoj

I guess because it's a GOD, people with flashed consoles have to buy it to play it. Only people who hack their 360 or LIVE accounts could get it for free meaning possibly more money for Capcom. I think they could sell way over 50k copies in the West too so I can't think of any other reason to make it GOD only except that the GOD price will stay higher for longer.

I wish they made it retail for two reasons.

1) Physical copy on my shelf which is awesome.

2) Region locked content bullshit.

I seriously hope it isn't region locked like most Games on demand games.

Ya i agree with you, I would like to have a full collection on disc. I think its stupid they only gave the japanese hard copies.

If anyone of you is planning to import the retailed version, be aware of the fact that the japanese version is censored (don't know if this was already mentioned, ctrl + f search didn't show anything).

There's a German website called "Schnittberichte.com" which informs about every upcoming and existing cuts and censorships in video games and movies. Even thought the text is German, you can still compare the line of picures to see what you will miss in the japanese version. Japanese Version on the left, European (and US) Version on the right side:

http://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=5984061

decide for yourself if an import is worth it and if you could live with the censorship