use for anti-gadoid gun?

wexsuvslim

ok, so is the anti-gadoid gun just a joke weapon in the game or does it serve some purpose that i haven't figured out yet?

i got it from doing a sidequest(don't want to spoil anything by naming proper names)

it has 0 accuracy, 0 firepower and it doesn't kill anything(zombie or human)

i can only assume one of two things:

1. it's a useless weapon that has no purpose in the game except to confuse people or

2. it has some use later on in the game that i haven't figured out yet

i did some google searches but only came up with a few gamefaq's threads where posters were basically just making fun of the original poster

any clarification would be awesome!!!...:)

I think it's useless and gave it to Duwad for the gunslinger quest in new game +. Come to think of it, I don't think I ever even tried to shoot it. Oh well.

i tried shooting everything with it:

humans, zombies, volatiles, screamers, suiciders, and the gun had no effect on anything

i tried shooting everything with it:

humans, zombies, volatiles, screamers, suiciders, and the gun had no effect on anything

Have you tried shooting fish with it?

gadoid

ˈɡeɪdɔɪd,ˈɡa-/

noun: gadoid; plural noun: gadoids

a bony fish of an order ( Gadiformes ) that comprises the cods, hakes, and their relatives.

From the wikia:

The Anti-Gadoid Gun is a dud and cannot fire any type of ammunition or do any damage to enemies.

When fired, it alerts special infected which come to your location. To use this to its full potential I recommend using silent weapons when enemies are using loud weapons. **Example** I used this gun to clear out one of Rais Mens AirDrops fired it and then ran the infected came and killed them all then I killed the weaker infected and took the loot!

EDIT: And also, you can use the weapon to stun night creatures, giving you enough time to kill them, and hesitate the children for screaming.

EDIT: The gun now uses pistol ammo

Edited by SpinelesS