Worth It?

BS LIKE A BOSS

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's best if you decide that for yourself. Other peoples opinions may vary wildly from your own. I personally think any Call of Duty game is complete tripe and shite, recycled hash from every Tom Clancy novel ever created and not worth the cost of the disc it was put on. However, it has a huge fanbase.

If you're undecided about a title, maybe you should rent it first to see. If you have fun with it in the time you have it (two days or so), then purchase it. If not, then you got some easy achievements, and never have to touch it again.

My signature pretty much says everything you need to know about any game ever created.

If you enjoy the game, a review won't help or hinder you in the purchase or enjoyment of it. If you don't, the same can be said.

And yes, I do enjoy some games that aren't popular and lots of people dump on and hate. Brink, for a RECENT example.

Though, you COULD just be like me. Sometimes you have to roll the dice. Take a chance.

Just putting this out there. I've played about 350 games. I'll admit that the call oddity games are good but I hate them. I was also one of the 26 people world wide that thought brink was good for what it was. And as for this game, well so far I'm about 80% through it and I'd say it's one of the best games that have ever graced my 360. I think it's absolutely worth the buy. But that's probably because it well suits my tastes... Zombies, levelling up, experience, humerous deaths, epic gore, easy to find collectables, fun achievements, undead chicks in bikinis... O_o scratch that last part.

But if you're going to base this off other peoples opinions, then I'm just going to say yes you should buy this and enjoy every bit of it!!

This game looks like it has potential. But it was made by techland who made call of juarez the cartel which was far from perfect. Is this game worth the 60 bucks.

They also made the first two CoJ games and they were really good.

I'm seriously contemplating buying it. However, I want to finish Deus Ex and as always with an RPG; if I put it down I'll find it hard to pick back up again.

This game looks like total garbage. Check out this video:
That's a shitty-looking game right there. It's Dead Rising meets Left 4 Dead with shitty graphics and framerate.

Finaly somebody see this game without "zombie-fanboy" eyes. Thank you sir!

A friend playing the game right in front of me and i nearly fall asleep. Besides that it has NOTHING to do with the trailers and you NEVER meet a group of zombies greater then 7-9, the coop is just like 4 players get only a few kills, sometimes one of the 4 just run after his partners and thats it. The controlls are just strange, it feels unfinished.

The real graphic in the game has nothing to do with the nice screenshots i see in the www or printmags.

For Zombiefanatics it´s like Dead Rising, a great game, for me as gamer, it´s just lame. Left for Dead is a better zombie game...

This game looks like total garbage. Check out this video:
That's a shitty-looking game right there. It's Dead Rising meets Left 4 Dead with shitty graphics and framerate.

According to the comments, that video was from the PS3 version.

Anyways, this game looks great, but I'm afraid I haven't enough time to pick it up and play it. I still have to finish Oblivion and get my last achievement for Gears of War 2 (Seriously 2.0). I'll be very close to the day Gears of War 3 and the new Fallout: New Vegas DLC are released when I'm finished with the two said games. I guess I'll just wait until the game gets its price dropped and achievement bug(s) fixed.

I've played a couple hours now and I'm happy I bought it. At first I thought I would be disappointed at the lack of hordes of zombies but it adds a level of tension to the game that I love. The game will give you a couple minutes of peace, then while you are rifling through everyones dufflebags looking for anything useful you will hear a scream and running footsteps behind you and you turn around to see 4 infected sprinting at you. It's an adrenaline rush I haven't had from a game in quite a while. The whole game gives me a tense desperate feeling and really drew me in. I admit I don't know how long that will last since I haven't played very long, but as of right now I love it. I do admit the controls feel a little clunky but they aren't bad by any means. I have gotten used to CoD which lets you move in any direction at the same speed that you can run forward and lets you stop and change directions on a dime and spin around 3 times in a second if your sensitivity is high enough, where Dead Island gives your character some weight and human limitations that made me question my purchase the first few minutes.

All that said, as everyone else here has said if you have the chance to rent it before buying go for it, but in my personal opinion it is worth buying.

According to the comments, that video was from the PS3 version.

IT IS THE PS3-VERSION (SCREW THE PS3) if you look closely enough you can see the SQUARE instead of the :xbut: as he was talking to the first guy. Same goes for the skipping-button CIRCLE instead of :bbut:. Anywayz, let's just wait for the Day-One-Update.

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

A friend playing the game right in front of me and i nearly fall asleep. Besides that it has NOTHING to do with the trailers and you NEVER meet a group of zombies greater then 7-9, the coop is just like 4 players get only a few kills, sometimes one of the 4 just run after his partners and thats it. The controlls are just strange, it feels unfinished.

The real graphic in the game has nothing to do with the nice screenshots i see in the www or printmags.

For Zombiefanatics it´s like Dead Rising, a great game, for me as gamer, it´s just lame. Left for Dead is a better zombie game...

Yeah L4D doesn't get boring after 10 times and has so much more to do.

/sarcasm

Never meet a group greater than 7-9?

Dear god.....

These comments make me laugh. There was ONE trailer that has nothing to do with the game. You should have watched the others one. I've been playing the game since Saturday, the most you could have WATCHED since release is 8 hours, which I highly doubt you did. The first few hours of the game is to teach you the ropes and get your familiar with how the game works. It's an RPG after all, not a FPS like Left 4 Dead.

Once you reach Act 2 and 3 you'll start seeing much larger groups of zombies. This isn't L4D where every zombie dies with a single shot of a shotgun. Large groups of 10+ zombies will take you down in a matter of seconds if you're by yourself. Left 4 Dead is fun at first, but it gets very repetitive. There's no variety, just run through the level as fast as you can without dying.

Dead Island has tons of variety and actually makes you feel like your fighting to survive. Just because you watch the first hour or two of the game doesn't mean you know everything about it, because trust me, you know nothing.

These comments make me laugh. There was ONE trailer that has nothing to do with the game. You should have watched the others one. I've been playing the game since Saturday, the most you could have WATCHED since release is 8 hours, which I highly doubt you did. The first few hours of the game is to teach you the ropes and get your familiar with how the game works. It's an RPG after all, not a FPS like Left 4 Dead.

Once you reach Act 2 and 3 you'll start seeing much larger groups of zombies. This isn't L4D where every zombie dies with a single shot of a shotgun. Large groups of 10+ zombies will take you down in a matter of seconds if you're by yourself. Left 4 Dead is fun at first, but it gets very repetitive. There's no variety, just run through the level as fast as you can without dying.

Dead Island has tons of variety and actually makes you feel like your fighting to survive. Just because you watch the first hour or two of the game doesn't mean you know everything about it, because trust me, you know nothing.

Since you put it that way.... game doesn't sound too bad. My initial thoughts were they would die with a few hits... then I saw a vid were they have like health bars or something. I had also heard act 2 and above gets crazy and that's where it really gets hard. I'm picking up later today, so I'll see for myself tomorrow.

Since you put it that way.... game doesn't sound too bad. My initial thoughts were they would die with a few hits... then I saw a vid were they have like health bars or something. I had also heard act 2 and above gets crazy and that's where it really gets hard. I'm picking up later today, so I'll see for myself tomorrow.

Well they do have health bars but it also depends on what weapon you're using and what skills you have. I've upgrading a ton of my sharp weapon skills so a good portion of the time I can slice enemies up in 2 hits and some times even one hit.

Yeah Act 2 gets pretty intense. Tons of zombies rushing at you at high speeds whaling their arms. Then you have the bigger "special" zombies, plus slower ones attacking you all at once. No matter how bad ass you think you are, you'll need to just run at some point or you're just going to keep dying. The first part of the located on the Resort is pretty easy. Small groups of zombies and a few random special one but nothing too hard.

You quickly see how hard this game can be when you step into "out of depth" zones. Playing cooperatively, we decided to go the opposite direction of the objective to explore (to the place with the water being electrified at a gas station). I was overwhelmed once by four zombies, and killed while my teammate tried to beat them off of me.

And it really doesn't help that these zombies are sneaky mofos... VERY sneaky.

And yeah, I got into the gas station without using the ladder or turning off the power. You can jump onto the roof from the car by the electrified pole.

Did the quest a bit out of order, but there wasn't any good loot in there anyway, so I don't feel bad about breaking the "rules" in the game.

Ok, i don´t know anything about the game...huh?!?

My buddy play this game in a gamesave +5 ours with 3 friends in co-op. I take the pad too for 1 our. Besides that my friend works for private game shop...

The graphics are not so great like in some screenshots, the controlls are ugly. The fights are nothing special and the way you play the game is the same like playing Condemned with Zombies in a Crysis 1 world. Driving is ugly, aiming with weapons is a joke and the animations are unfinished like many parts of the game.

But well, everybody got a different taste...