lifeexpectancy

Will you be boycotting Judgment?  

280 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be boycotting Judgment?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I haven't decided.

This

http://www.funtroll.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/552809_405910716087318_100000051785332_1717463_1768663698_n.jpg

Plus this

No one cares. Really. "Seriously", even. Nor do we give a rats ass about you "impressing" us with your ability to get 200k gamerscore. If you weren't such a douche with the way you talk to people or talk down on, we'd try and take you .

Equals all that needs to be said

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You onyx'd it 30+ time during the glitch shortly after launch. There are 35 total unique event I.D.'s. This probably just happens to be an event I.D. you never played in before, which if you onyx'd it during the glitch isn't surprising. I know what I'm talking about. Several of us tracked this shit religiously for over 6 months. Go to the Gears 3 forum and get educated if you don't believe me.

No one cares. Really. "Seriously", even. Nor do we give a rats ass about you "impressing" us with your ability to get 200k gamerscore. If you weren't such a douche with the way you talk to people or talk down on, we'd try and take you seriously.

No ones gonna "stand up" to Epic/PCF. Some of us just will not buy the game at release or new. We'll all bitch about the issues here and on the forums and hopefully theyll listen like Bioware did. But then again, epic is thick headed.

Maybe next time Spartacus.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23977564.jpg

I've onyxed it more than once outside the glitch, which means I played through at least 30 events. Guess I just got lucky to get one more recently.

Have you given the most recent event a try if you are stuck at 29/30?

And I never said there wasn't a problem. I was merely saying that there is an event currently going on which gave me a ribbon and +1 to the medal.

It cannot be onyx'd more than once outside the glitch. PeteNub himself confirmed that the MAX anyone could get towards the socialite medal is 35/30 (meaning you can get credit once for each of the 35 events). The only time you can get credit for an event is if it is an event I.D. you haven't previously gotten credit for.

Unless they've patched the game and changed it to allow you to get credit for events you've already done (which I doubt, because there is still a guy stuck at 29/30 posting in the Gears 3 forum complaining about events not changing), then what I said still stands.

This seems to be your main reasoning. It's one achievement, there are many others.

Nope. I'm boycotting Epic's games period, all of them. Not because of one achievement, but because of what the event system and the player data resets MEAN in the context of how they screw their fan base and refuse to fix things that are broken. Their attitude and business practices don't deserve any of my hard-earned money, ever.

No one cares. Really. "Seriously", even. Nor do we give a rats ass about you "impressing" us with your ability to get 200k gamerscore. If you weren't such a douche with the way you talk to people or talk down on, we'd try and take you seriously.

Wildly off topic, but ok I'll go there. You're referring to my signature, not anything I've said in the thread. My signature has said the 200k 200games 100% thing for over a year. In fact, it's said that since they day I accomplished that goal back in 2011. I accomplished a personal goal that took time, planning, dedication, and attention to detail. So yes, I'm proud of it, and yes, I keep it in my sig. I couldn't give a rat's ass if it impresses little ol' you or not. And honestly, the fact that you even brought it up when it's just in my sig and not in any of my posts in this thread, not to mention the fact that it's completely off topic, just leads me to believe you're merely jealous. Either way, I'll be sure to check back when I land on 500k with 500 games, 100%. I'd appreciate any hate mail you can toss my way.

As for me being a "douche", you have only yourselves to blame. I started this thread with a legitimate question out of curiosity. Then the haters began hating, as they so often do, and I defended myself. Oh, and forgive me if speaking in complete sentences and posting responses that are longer than a 250-character tweet means I'm talking down to people. Cheers! :D

lol what idiot would want to "boycot" a video game...

Kinda sad if you ask me, all that's gonna happen is you'll be the 1% who's missing out on all the fun :woop:

So far 10 out of 71 voters have said yes. That's 14%, not 1%. Maybe you forgot to carry a decimal point in your math? Also, another 7 have voted undecided. Once again, this voting pool is restricted to people actually visiting the Judgment forum, which means it's probably biased in favor of people planning on buying it. I wouldn't be surprised if closer to 20-25% of the people that bought Gears 3 plan on boycotting (or "not buying" since you guys seem to prefer that phrase) Judgment.

Even if it's only 20%, that's a pretty significant attrition rate for a fan base and is something any developer should be concerned about.

Edited by lifeexpectancy

It cannot be onyx'd more than once outside the glitch. PeteNub himself confirmed that the MAX anyone could get towards the socialite medal is 35/30 (meaning you can get credit once for each of the 35 events). The only time you can get credit for an event is if it is an event I.D. you haven't previously gotten credit for.

Unless they've patched the game and changed it to allow you to get credit for events you've already done (which I doubt, because there is still a guy stuck at 29/30 posting in the Gears 3 forum complaining about events not changing), then what I said still stands.

Or, I got 30+ events and started at like 29/30. 31+29=60=2 onyx. Stop talking like you know everything about MY awards and stats. I know how I've played and what I've unlocked. I am sitting at 23/30. A few weeks ago, I was 21/30. I don't really care what you say about what you think my awards and stats should look like. I have onyxed it twice without the glitch, about 25 times with the glitch, and I am still getting credit for events today.

Or, I got 30+ events and started at like 29/30. 31+29=60=2 onyx. Stop talking like you know everything about MY awards and stats. I know how I've played and what I've unlocked. I am sitting at 23/30. A few weeks ago, I was 21/30. I don't really care what you say about what you think my awards and stats should look like. I have onyxed it twice without the glitch, about 25 times with the glitch, and I am still getting credit for events today.

Still wrong. That still means that you (nearly) onyx'd it once during the glitch, and then proceeded to get credit for 30+ events after the glitch was fixed.

Let's say you onyx'd it 50 times during the glitch, and had 29/30 medal progress towards prestiging it for the 51st time. Then they patched the glitch. Then you proceeded to get credit for another 31 events that you had NOT participated in pre-glitch. You STILL have only onyx'd it ONCE "outside the glitch". Yes, you finished the 30th counter towards that 51st prestige of the medal, but 29 of those 30 counters were done during the glitch. That is not onyxing it more than once outside the glitch, because you only got credit for 31 events, which is only enough to "onyx" it once.

It's a matter of semantics, but the bottom line is you cannot get credit for more than 35 events outside the glitch, which is only enough to fully onyx the medal ONCE.

Still wrong. That still means that you (nearly) onyx'd it once during the glitch, and then proceeded to get credit for 30+ events after the glitch was fixed.

Let's say you onyx'd it 50 times during the glitch, and had 29/30 medal progress towards prestiging it for the 51st time. Then they patched the glitch. Then you proceeded to get credit for another 31 events that you had NOT participated in pre-glitch. You STILL have only onyx'd it ONCE "outside the glitch". Yes, you finished the 30th counter towards that 51st prestige of the medal, but 29 of those 30 counters were done during the glitch. That is not onyxing it more than once outside the glitch, because you only got credit for 31 events, which is only enough to "onyx" it once.

It's a matter of semantics, but the bottom line is you cannot get credit for more than 35 events outside the glitch, which is only enough to fully onyx the medal ONCE.

Yes, semantics. And if there are 35 events, then I don't understand why people have such an issue with this achievement. It is unlockable, even if you are bumped up to 29/30. New events are still going on. Just play every week until you unlock it. Problem solved.

Yes, semantics. And if there are 35 events, then I don't understand why people have such an issue with this achievement. It is unlockable, even if you are bumped up to 29/30. New events are still going on. Just play every week until you unlock it. Problem solved.

First lemme just say I appreciate the more constructive response this time. I for one have onyx'd it and finished Gears 3 a long time ago. And yes, in theory if people just play every week until it's unlocked there wouldn't be a problem.

The problem lies in the fact that some people were already at 29/30 before the "fix" where they bumped everyone to 29/30. Since then, they have been FAR from consistent with updating the event weekly (or even MONTHLY in some instances). This means there are people, albeit a shrinking number of people, that have been playing as much as they can and as often as they can for MONTHS and still have not gotten that 30th event credit.

My big issue here (and a lot of people's big issue) is that the event system truly was broken from the start because it relied on these unique event I.D.'s and would not allow people credit for participating in an event more than once. If the cycle were longer, say 60 events, or if you could still get credit for the same event the next time it came around in the rotation, it probably never would have been a problem. But the cycle is truly only 34 events because event number 1 cannot be repeated (PeteNub has confirmed this). A 34 event cycle does not leave a lot of wiggle room for people that have lives, kids, families, other responsibilities.

And, since events CANNOT give you credit more than once, you're stuck trying to figure out which 5 events you missed and when those events are going to come around again (if ever). There is no in-game event tracker, so they have no idea WHICH event #'s they've missed unless they religiously tracked from day 1 (which most people didn't). There are a few relatively simple solutions that could've solved all this, but Epic did not take those solutions. The 29/30 bump is a great fix for brand new players, and probably for players that missed a LOT of events, but for players that only missed a few and were stuck at 28/30 or 29/30, it wasn't a fix at all but rather a slap in the face.

Many of these people eventually gave up on the events entirely when there was a period where the event only changed twice in almost 10 weeks, and walked away from Gears 3. My problem isn't with the achievement itself. It's with a company that would willingly subject gamers to that sort of bullshit (relying on ONE guy to update events, not having enough cushion in the event system to account for real life interference, not changing events in a timely manner, not fully explaining the event system up front and only partially after gamers discovered the problems) and not truly rectify it, even when their "fix" was too little and mostly too late.

Edited by lifeexpectancy

Haha boycotting games over achievement issues in the last game? I love getting achievements as much as the next guy but this is stupid childish BS. Grow up.

Even if it's only 20%, that's a pretty significant attrition rate for a fan base and is something any developer should be concerned about.

20% would be a huge number that a dev should definitely be worried about. Fortunately you just pulled that number out of your ass with nothing to back it up other than 17 people who claim they won't be buying the game. I'm sure Epic employees are lying awake at night worried about that lost $1000 in sales.

Haha boycotting games over achievement issues in the last game? I love getting achievements as much as the next guy but this is stupid childish BS. Grow up.

20% would be a huge number that a dev should definitely be worried about. Fortunately you just pulled that number out of your ass with nothing to back it up other than 17 people who claim they won't be buying the game. I'm sure Epic employees are lying awake at night worried about that lost $1000 in sales.

First off you once again missed the point entirely like so many others. I'm starting to wonder if you people are deliberately obtuse. It's not the achievement itself that is the issue. It is the UNDERLYING BUSINESS PRACTICES AND ATTITUDES OF THE DEVELOPER that are BEHIND the event issues that we have a problem with.

Also I assume you never took or understood statistics because I didnt pull 20% out of thin air. This poll is already approaching 100 respondents. Of those, we are already near the 20% mark for people who say they wont buy it. It is currently 18/96 or 18.75% along with 10 undecideds of whom I would wager at LEAST two wont get it, bringing us PAST 20% already there guy.

A poll is a smaller representative sample of a larger population. Ever heard of the National Census? It is how Congressional seats are reallocated amongst the states along with thousands of other ways that that POLL affects how our nation is governed. If this poll were completely unbiased, that would mean we can assume that if 20% of respondents arent buying it, then 20% of the larger pool of millions of potential buyers wont buy it.

Now this sample is unfortunately biased, but I would argue that it is biased in FAVOR of people buying Judgment because it is posted in the Judgment forum and I would think MOST people visiting this forum are more likely to buy it than not.

You could say that the thread title creates an additional bias by appealing to people upset at Epic, but once again I think that people upset at Epic represent a small MINORITY of the people in the Judgment forum.

I will concede that statistically speaking, 100 respondents is a rather small sample size and arguably too small to be a true statistically relevant sample size and therefore must be taken with a grain of salt.

However, your argument that the devs ONLY have to worry about $1000 in lost sales is ignorant given all of the above information. If Judgment meets or exceeds GoW 3's sales numbers I will have been proven wrong. But I fully expect that its sales numbers will come up significantly short compared to 3 and my argument will be proven, at least in part, to be valid. There are a lot of factors that will affect overall sales and many other things might limit or help its sales like launching during tax refund time (bonus) but departing from "traditional" Gears (harmful).

We will see when the rubber meets the road.

No, you didn't just get burned. You got educated, I hope. That is if you were paying attention.

Edited by lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy, I won't be boycotting the game because of an error, that's like boycotting the next Elder Scrolls game because of the trolls from Skyrim. If you're that much of a perfectionist, just don't buy any game incase you can't get a single achievement on it.

I play games because they're fun, achievements do make the game a bit more fun, but when people base buying a game purely on achievements it ruins the whole idea of gaming. Mario didn't have any achievements, nor did Zelda.

On another note, your signature:

"Only person in the world to land on exactly 200,000/200,000 gamerscore, WITH exactly 200 games played, with 100% completion including all DLC. Attained on 11-13-11. 200th game: Brink. Final achievement: Ark King. " in particular, correct me if I'm wrong, but 200 games would make 200,000 gamerscore, DLC adds gamerscore, by completing 200 games + DLC, would make it over the 200,000 mark. Which means either you didn't do it, you just want people to believe that you did, or you don't see the pleasure in gaming anymore.

LifeExpectancy, I won't be boycotting the game because of an error, that's like boycotting the next Elder Scrolls game because of the trolls from Skyrim. If you're that much of a perfectionist, just don't buy any game incase you can't get a single achievement on it.

I play games because they're fun, achievements do make the game a bit more fun, but when people base buying a game purely on achievements it ruins the whole idea of gaming. Mario didn't have any achievements, nor did Zelda.

"Only person in the world to land on exactly 200,000/200,000 gamerscore, WITH exactly 200 games played, with 100% completion including all DLC. Attained on 11-13-11. 200th game: Brink. Final achievement: Ark King. " in particular, correct me if I'm wrong, but 200 games would make 200,000 gamerscore, DLC adds gamerscore, by completing 200 games + DLC, would make it over the 200,000 mark. Which means either you didn't do it, you just want people to believe that you did, or you don't see the pleasure in gaming anymore.

Arcade games, bro.

i am long time gears fan since the beginning, well i used to be. i will not be renting, playing or buying this gears of war judgement. i have no interest in this game (yet, here i am in the forums looking for others opinions on the current state of the franchise). however, if there is a gears of war 4 i may come back to the series, but with a handful of the original gow developers gone it is unlikely gears will ever have the same flair it once had.

There seems to be a lot of haters in this thread. i owe a lot of thanks to lifeexpectancy and other fellow gow3 players that helped track the mess that was the horrible event id system for the socialite achievement. i understand this isnt just about an achievement but lack of support to one of my fav series on xbox.

lifeexpectancy doesnt deserve the hate in this thread. please check out his thread in the gow 3 forums that is almost 600 posts long with angry gamers regarding the special events in gow3. i'm not trying to kiss ass, i dont know lifeexpectancy, nor have i played with him in gow. but he has brought the community together and went out of his way to educate alot of players about the events which alot of you in this thread are still confused about how those events worked. heres a link: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=370931

Edited by Divine Infekt

whats even more surprising is that someone so proud of what they achieved, hides their achievements from the public.

I'd be interested in looking through all his games meticulously and make sure he did do it "legit"

excuse me if im wrong, but when i click on his gamertag xbox.com says that "this users activity is currently unavailable or may be blocked"

as for the OT, boycotting games is something a butt-hurt loser does.

Edited by i fist brown i