Ferocious Flier Achievement

Omfamna

I am quite sure you need to kill all the mines. Keep an eye on the green mines near the top of the screen throughout the tree area, and don't die. When I died, it voided the achievement. At the end, there should be a huge group of bombs. For some reason, it doesn't show up for me all the time.

I obliterated everything in the level and it unlocked, left not a single destroyable target in the entire level.

The key I find is to use time saving techniques. The charge shot is needed to clear long lines of enemies and mines. Use the boost to move quickly and engage enemies when they become spaced apart to save time. When the wolves hide behind cover with their missile launchers, the charge shot goes through the cover if you can't line the regular shots up on them in time.

I just did this, on normal...and I left a lot of the mines intact. I did notice that killing every enemy often required flying up and down (one would sometimes be on top of the screen at the same time someone else was on the bottom).

I hung back and kept my gun charged, and it was no problem getting this on the first try. Also...did not die (in case that's part of it). :-)