• M1014
    • Saiga 12K
    • DAO-12
    • USAS-12

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say the Spas.. but unfortunately there is no Spas, so the 870 is my go to shotgun. It has greater range than the others, and is the only real shotgun in the game.

Secondly, the Benelli 1014. Pretty beast, but its got a really high spread..so a few meters away, and youre better of not shooting.

The Dao and Saiga I find to be pretty much the same.. The Saiga handles slightly better, almost like an assault rifle.

The Usas is a story for it self.. with extended mags, its a beast.. almost inhuman.. But then again, Its not a "real" shotgun in my eyes.. fun to use though:)

Enjoy ur shotty-quest! Im also going the tour of duty on all the weapons.. grinding through the PDWs now.. the P90 is one weak gun:(

Enjoy ur shotty-quest! Im also going the tour of duty on all the weapons.. grinding through the PDWs now.. the P90 is one weak gun:(

I agree. The P90 isn't high on my list of favorite guns to use and I'm not looking forward to getting 500 kills each with the PDWs. I'm currently wrapping up the M27 IAR (230) and the RPK-74M (207) and then I'm going to start on Shotguns.

for me the 870mcs. its a sniper shotgun. finshed a tdm with 21-0 with it..

Well, 870mcs seems to be the choice so far. What kind of ammo/attachments do you recommend? So far I'm leaning towards Holo Sight and Extended Mags and Buckshot.

I run Recon with shotgun every time I play Metro Conquest and have had great success because its so confined. I personally like the DAO the best because of its very large ammo capacity. The close second for me is the M1014, and I may come to like this more because it does feel slightly smoother to me than the DAO, but I need to level up its extended mag to truly judge.

The loadout I use is holo sight (sight is kinda irrelevant), extended mag or tactical light, and buckshot.

The only shotgun I have not tried is the USAS-12, but I don't see it replacing the other two I mentioned.

Seriously, though, the next time you are on Metro start trying them. Its the ideal map for shotgun use.

Edited by Suiken

I used holosight with laser and standard shells. seems to own!

Hmm, I forgot about the Laser Sight and for hipfire that might be a good idea.

Seriously, though, the next time you are on Metro start trying them. Its the ideal map for shotgun use.

I was thinking of running Shotty whilst playing TDM on Metro, Kharg Island and Nosharh Canals. I figure that if I stick to tight areas, I can make a mess of the other team.

USAS-12 is a beast, it seems useless though with anything other than frag rounds for some reason

As for the PDWs....i LOVE the PDW-R coming up to my 8th service star for that gun :D

I have only really used the PP-2000, UMP-45 and the P90 but I do get killed from some crazy distances by the PDW-R, so maybe that one won't be so bad.

I would say the Spas.. but unfortunately there is no Spas, so the 870 is my go to shotgun. It has greater range than the others, and is the only real shotgun in the game.

Secondly, the Benelli 1014. Pretty beast, but its got a really high spread..so a few meters away, and youre better of not shooting.

The Dao and Saiga I find to be pretty much the same.. The Saiga handles slightly better, almost like an assault rifle.

The Usas is a story for it self.. with extended mags, its a beast.. almost inhuman.. But then again, Its not a "real" shotgun in my eyes.. fun to use though:)

I'm also not a big shotty user in BF3 so I'm finding this thread helpful. Just curious about what you mean by "real" shotguns and the 870 being the only "real" one in the game, what's that about?

I'm also not a big shotty user in BF3 so I'm finding this thread helpful. Just curious about what you mean by "real" shotguns and the 870 being the only "real" one in the game, what's that about?

The 870 is a pump shotgun as opposed to a semi-auto shotty or a magazine/drum fed shotgun where you can spam a shitload of rounds without pumping.

Im also going the tour of duty on all the weapons.. grinding through the PDWs now.. the P90 is one weak gun:(

Fortunately in the Update Next Week DICE is Increasing the Damage of the P90 and MP7. These two Weapons Are in My Top 5 Favorite Firearms of all Time, So I really hope they Do improve.

I can Sort of Understand why the P90 is the Way it is - For Balancing Reasons. But In Reality The P90 should perform Better than Some of the Assault Rifles With its 50 5.7mm Armor Piercing Rounds, Very Good Accuracy, Very High Rate of Fire, Compactness and Light Weight .

And DICE is on this Kick to improve the "Realism" of Certain Weapons(An-94 for Example), so why leave out the P90?

Well, 870mcs seems to be the choice so far. What kind of ammo/attachments do you recommend? So far I'm leaning towards Holo Sight and Extended Mags and Buckshot.

Unless Sights are what floats your boat, you really don't need anything like that on the 870. I find Sights to be distracting on shotguns. But Its all Personal Preference I suppose.

The 870 is a pump shotgun as opposed to a semi-auto shotty or a magazine/drum fed shotgun where you can spam a shitload of rounds without pumping.

Sure, but as all the in game shotguns exsist in real life (and are therefore equally real objectively speaking), I'm just wondering what makes one more "real" than the others in his mind.

Unless Sights are what floats your boat, you really don't need anything like that on the 870. I find Sights to be distracting on shotguns. But Its all Personal Preference I suppose.

I mainly prefer sights for lining up headshots. It's far less distracting to me than having the barrel taking up the bottom 3rd of my screen and the RDS is perfect. Place red dot on forehead... pull trigger... BOOM... Headshot!

Sure, but as all the in game shotguns exsist in real life (and are therefore equally real objectively speaking), I'm just wondering what makes one more "real" than the others in his mind.

It's the only traditional shotgun, especially compared to the USAS which is basically an Assault Rifle that fires shotgun shells.

It's the only traditional shotgun, especially compared to the USAS which is basically an Assault Rifle that fires shotgun shells.
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, it's only semantics after all. The USAS is over 20 years old, and semi-auto shotguns have been around for practically as long as pump actions have. oh and by the way 870's (and all other pump shotguns) do have a magazine, it's an internal tube magazine, as opposed to the detachable box magazine that I think you had in mind. Anyway, I was just curious what he meant by it being the most real and how that was any advantage. Edited by gealt

Hmm, I forgot about the Laser Sight and for hipfire that might be a good idea.

Honestly, I don't see the point of laser sight on shotgun. You should mostly be using the thing in tight quarters, where aiming really just boils down to firing in the right direction.

Fortunately in the Update Next Week DICE is Increasing the Damage of the P90 and MP7. These two Weapons Are in My Top 5 Favorite Firearms of all Time, So I really hope they Do improve.

Can you link me to a list of all the changes that are coming? I've seen clips here and there but don't know the full list. Thanks.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, it's only semantics after all. The USAS is over 20 years old, and semi-auto shotguns have been around for practically as long as pump actions have. oh and by the way 870's (and all other pump shotguns) do have a magazine, it's an internal tube magazine, as opposed to the detachable box magazine that I think you had in mind. Anyway, I was just curious what he meant by it being the most real and how that was any advantage.

I'm aware that the 870 has a tube magazine, but the point that I was trying to get at was that guns like the USAS-12 and the Saiga 12K have a much more convenient box magazine that makes reloading infinitely faster and the DAO-12 has a 12 round drum which makes it more suited to target rich environments. As for your point about the 870 having an advantage, it's certainly not because it's is the only traditional shotgun. The only advantage that it has is a narrow choke which translates to a tighter spread leading to more stopping power at a greater range. You are however right. It is all semantics and in the grand scheme of things, all of the shotguns technically work the same way. I'm simply looking for the most versatile shotgun for every situation.

Honestly, I don't see the point of laser sight on shotgun. You should mostly be using the thing in tight quarters, where aiming really just boils down to firing in the right direction.

I almost always ADS before shooting, but if I have to fire from the hip then I would prefer to have the accuracy bonus that the laser sight confers.

On a side note, I'm not sure if you are aware, but if you hit the "Multi" button in the bottom right near the "Quote" button, you can actually put multiple quotes in your reply so that you can give feedback or individual replies without the need for double or triple posts. Just a heads up.

The shotgun absolutely dominates Damavand Peak TDM if you can get set up in a good spot. You can own a big portion of the map with a Recon using a Shotgun/Tugs combo or as Support using a Shotgun/Claymore combo.

I've been digging the 870mcs.

I'm planning on rocking the Shotgun/Claymore Combo in TDM and possibly the Shotgun/Medic Combo on Conquest where possible.

USAS-12 <3 Took out 6 guys in a row with one extended magazine, I don't care for sights I only hip fire which is better for me. The 870MCS is good as people have voted but if you are confronted by 3-4 enemies your dead. With the USAS-12 your most likely to take them all out with 40% or more health.

When it comes to reloading you also want that to be fast and for me the USAS-12 wins at that as well. Some of the other shotguns you put in one round at a time, with the USAS-12 its a quick clip exchange. All in all my favorite is the USAS-12.

I almost always ADS before shooting, but if I have to fire from the hip then I would prefer to have the accuracy bonus that the laser sight confers.

You'll be more effective with your shotgun if you don't ADS. That's part of the point of using a shotgun in CQC. And this is coming from someone who almost always ADS with other guns.

You'll be more effective with your shotgun if you don't ADS. That's part of the point of using a shotgun in CQC. And this is coming from someone who almost always ADS with other guns.

I'm not even sure if I can shoot someone without ADS... It's pretty much been ingrained in my shooting mentality since it became an option in shooting games!

I'm not even sure if I can shoot someone without ADS... It's pretty much been ingrained in my shooting mentality since it became an option in shooting games!

I normally am with you on this, but in very CQC situations firing from the hip is superior. Especially with shotguns.

Try it! Just trust in the spread!