I'm surprised no one's talked since the beta playlist update.

stuhp

It's a pretty interesting playlist.

Zero bloom DMR is nice. I'm not sure if the non-zero bloom modes have the 15% bloom reduction they talked about in an update, but I felt like I was killing people much faster.

I definitely think that a zero bloom pistol has no place in Halo Reach. It is massively overpowering and makes even the DMR useless at medium range.

The changes to Armor Lock in no way affect how I use it, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Sword block was dumb in the first place and I'm glad to see it removed.

I'm extremely surprised how I really don't like the bleedthrough melee anymore. Maybe after playing Reach so much, I learned to play around it's melee system, but I actually think Bungie had it right the way it Reach eliminated it.

Bleedthrough bullet damage is pretty goddamn terrible. I'm not fond of having a quarter of a shield, only to get headshotted through it.

So yeah, overall, it's a fun change of pace, but I think I'll be sticking with normal Reach modes for the most part unless it's always an 85% bloom playlist.

Also, to all you childrens without "You Ate All the Chips",

Stockpile is back in the Team Objective playlist.

I don't think it's just on here, I played the TU Beta for a good 5 hours today and the total number of players never reached 40,000. Personally I had been expecting a drop when Gears was released but I didn't expect it to be that bad. Personally I've found I enjoy the Beta more than the regular Reach MP but Gheuh 2 is right: getting headshotted through a quater shield is downright irritating.

I dabbled in it over the last few nights and the headshot through shields thing is annoying but apart from that i haven't noticed any other differences.

However half the games i've played have given me an average slot bonus of 4000 credits, not sure if this is to encourage people to play or just plain luck?

I like the changes, and would be playing more if I had gold. Ran out at the moment.

Though They really need to fix the movement speed to have zero bloom work. Its really annoying that strafing is still kind of useless because of how slow the movement speed is.

Though I just really don't like Reach that much, never really did. To me it's nothing like when Halo 3 launched, I could not get enough of that game. To me the TU is just a little too late. I will still play Reach to get to inheritor and to max my commendations. But after playing the Battlefield 3 beta, I think that's going to be my game of choice, its like H3 to me in terms of the experience it brought to me.

part of me was excited for that update, but like others said i just sort of lost interest in halo : reach as of lately. almost like it came to late for me, even when i jump back on its only for a few games before it gets dull. i played this game everyday for a couple months (sept-nov), then left and came back for a couple more months. it just seems to lose my interest, where as halo3 i would be on every week.

mainly i am waiting for halo CE to release, that will renew my multiplayer love and get me back in the swing of things. looking forward to playing those classic maps again, if that doesnt do it for me i dont know what will :confused:

sword block gone? thank god, everybody blocks my sword attack in reach. which is annoying as hell because i only use it seldom, and god forbid they let ME block somebodys sword attack.. and never really thought bloom stood any place in halo, was kind of mad when they swapped BR for DMR.

My interest in Halo: Reach was all but dead until this Title Update hit. Now as the changes slowly start creeping in for the release of CEA, I find myself playing it more and more. I spent a good 8 hours playing the TU playlist today. I love what they've done with it so far. The level variety is pretty awful (9/10 games in on Uncaged. Hasn't been this bad since the game launched) but otherwise I like the changes. The weapons and shields all closely match their original H1 counterparts (Hell, you even got the H1 grenade throwing power-arm back. That thing is godly now) and the only thing missing is movement speed (not nearly as fast as Halo 1.)

My only peeve is that they should remove the DMR completely (I would say equipment as well, but I can tolerate it if it means I get to use my jetpack until the final version launches.) I hope the classic Combat Evolved playlist eliminates all of the new weapons and sticks exclusively to the weapons from the original game though. Also new maps that weren't included in the original Halo 1 (except for Headlong of course. I hope that makes it into every playlist roster so I can get some BTB going with it.)

Edited by DarkReign2021

Well, for me I haven't really had much interest in Reach lately. Too busy playing Gears 3. But I have played a couple games of the TU beta playlist, and I have to say I really like zero bloom. But that's only after about two games, so I don't have much of an opinion besides liking ZB. But I'm sure my interest in Reach online will come back when Anniversary comes out next month.

I think that with the lack or response on here is due to three things:

1. Too many other games out right now

2. No one cares/likes the new update

3. No one cares about Reach anymore

I haven't played it yet because of reasons 1 and 2.

People do care/like the new update. Maybe not on this forum, but on the Waypoint forums, people have been requesting those changes for ages and its generally well received.

People do care/like the new update. Maybe not on this forum, but on the Waypoint forums, people have been requesting those changes for ages and its generally well received.

I was talking specifically about this site as to why there hasn't been a thread earlier. And, obviously, the response to the update would be more voiced when it's on a forum solely dedicated to halo. But go on a forum that isn't and it'll be hard to find many that actually care/like the new update.

Anyway, after playing a couple matches at a friends house today I've made up my mind that I will continue to play the normal reach settings after the update, even if such playlist populations are extremely low. I liked vanilla reach and the changes being proposed are the results of the whiny, "MLG" players.

There were many other problems that many also voiced, but were ignored so the people who wanted to play Halo CE again could get their nostalgia fix. I don't care how well CE worked before, but it doesn't work now. The three-shot pistol has zero place in any shooter that isn't call of duty. Couple that gun with the zero bloom DMR and you have no reason to pick up any other weapons beside the power weapons; just make all the gametypes with DMR, pistol starts, it's going to end up like that anyway. All of the automatic weapons are now useless; might as well be shooting beanbags. I knew it was going to end up this way, but I wanted to hope that they would add some other changes to balance how overpowered the pistol and DMR would become, but they didn't and I don't think they will.

Now I just hope they will throw all of the DLC maps into the vanilla reach rotation after halo CE anniversary's release. Getting tired of playing the same maps game after game.

Edited by crazy W01f 816

I was talking specifically about this site as to why there hasn't been a thread earlier. And, obviously, the response to the update would be more voiced when it's on a forum solely dedicated to halo. But go on a forum that isn't and it'll be hard to find many that actually care/like the new update.

Anyway, after playing a couple matches at a friends house today I've made up my mind that I will continue to play the normal reach settings after the update, even if such playlist populations are extremely low. I liked vanilla reach and the changes being proposed are the results of the whiny, "MLG" players.

There were many other problems that many also voiced, but were ignored so the people who wanted to play Halo CE again could get their nostalgia fix. I don't care how well CE worked before, but it doesn't work now. The three-shot pistol has zero place in any shooter that isn't call of duty. Couple that gun with the zero bloom DMR and you have no reason to pick up any other weapons beside the power weapons; just make all the gametypes with DMR, pistol starts, it's going to end up like that anyway. All of the automatic weapons are now useless; might as well be shooting beanbags. I knew it was going to end up this way, but I wanted to hope that they would add some other changes to balance how overpowered the pistol and DMR would become, but they didn't and I don't think they will.

Now I just hope they will throw all of the DLC maps into the vanilla reach rotation after halo CE anniversary's release. Getting tired of playing the same maps game after game.

So you've decided to play a game that's random as hell?

I agree about the maps, but this is a trial of the new gametypes. Who says they wont make changes after seeing the automatic weapons become so useless? I think 343 is taking this seriously. They want to prove that Halo is their baby now that bungie is gone.

Yes.

I agree about the maps, but this is a trial of the new gametypes. Who says they wont make changes after seeing the automatic weapons become so useless? I think 343 is taking this seriously. They want to prove that Halo is their baby now that bungie is gone.

If they make more changes later I'll change my mind at that juncture, but I do not think they will.

To be honest, I'm fine with random as hell as opposed to everyone spawning with a no bloom pistol, too.

I've played the TU playlist a bit more, and my feelings are still the same. 85% bloom is pretty much perfect, but no bloom is just dumb. I'm still maintaining my normal KDR, and I'm winning a lot more, since it's mostly slayer, but I'm just not having fun.

There's no reason to pick up the sword in this game anymore since you can destroy anyone running at you in under a second with the pistol. I'm a decent enough sniper, but I'm finding even that useless to bother with too since you can DMR across the map with just as much effectiveness with no bloom.

So yeah, I just hope they stick with 85% bloom playlist, and if they make a no bloom playlist to simulate the Halo CE experience of dying in 3 bullets to a pistol, then I'll just never play that.

if they make a no bloom playlist to simulate the Halo CE experience of dying in 3 bullets to a pistol, then I'll just never play that.

tell me you wouldnt sit shotgun in the hog for those drive-bys lol.

still feel weird about the whole 343i thing, for as long as i can remember bungie was played at the start-up of my halos. i just feel like they are changing a lot of things and im scared they will ruin the gameplay. then again bungie was the one that nerfed the shit out of halo with reach.

i did see your previous post stating they moved stockpile back to objective playlist, dear god its about time. im still nerd raged because my friend bill helped me win a stockpile match on BTB with all flags, before i bought the DLC :confused:. since then i couldnt find it in BTB or objective, when i would get the gametype fat chance in hell we are getting all flags.

fml, if halo made an achievement for getting 1 single kill on any playlist / gametype. i would prolly choke and go 0 kills with 15 deaths for months on end, theres just something about when they make it a achievement. it is suddenly so much harder for me to get now, same thing with "double from grave."

fml, if halo made an achievement for getting 1 single kill on any playlist / gametype. i would prolly choke and go 0 kills with 15 deaths for months on end, theres just something about when they make it a achievement. it is suddenly so much harder for me to get now, same thing with "double from grave."

Same thing happens with me and daily challenges. Every time they have those "Get two double kills in a game" challenges, I become completely inept and can never manage to even get one despite having an almost 2 per game double kill average.