SAVE glitch warning with suspended power mode

venner

After playing all day i took a 30min break and went back to the game to find the save was back at 9:23am this morning so lost about 6hours of game time.

The save at 9:32 was just before i put the xbox in suspended mode as popped out to the shops.

When i came back and carried on everytime i went to manual save it came up "Cant save at this moment in time" I thought that might be because i was on a main story mission and just carried on like normal.

After searching the web it looks like other people are having this problem so wanted to warn people.

Always manual save and then switch the xbox off at the wall when playing the witcher 3 at the moment

Had the same problem i just did a soft power down and when i turned it back on i couldnt save my game i went 2 hours in before i died reliased i had to start back from my previous save 2 hours before.

Do a hard reset so you dont do anything stupid like i did >.<

Wish mine was only 2 hours, cant bring myself to play it any more today now:mad:

Thanks for this, just tried to save now and got the "cant save at this moment thing" did the hard reset, only lost a couple of minutes though.

Glad ive helped as believe me you dont want to be raging like i was lol

Playing on death march is like a guarantee you won't run into that problem. I save so often that I would have noticed something was wrong on the first minutes of play :p

Anyway, I'm not sure if it's related, but since every so often games have issues with suspended mode I made a habit to always quit the game before I turn the X-Box off (go to the dashboard, press the 3 lines button and select quit). Never had any problems with games since I started doing this.

Fuck just cost me god damn hours on death march and was a real slog battle to just lose all that and have to it all again. What the hell are these testers doing i mean this game was put back for polish did not one tester try this and get it fixed before release.

I think when u finish your play if you quit to main menu then soft shut down it shoud be fine its just when u soft shutdown with the game in play, no need to do a hard shut down every time i dont thiink.

Fuck just cost me god damn hours on death march and was a real slog battle to just lose all that and have to it all again. What the hell are these testers doing i mean this game was put back for polish did not one tester try this and get it fixed before release.

I think when u finish your play if you quit to main menu then soft shut down it shoud be fine its just when u soft shutdown with the game in play, no need to do a hard shut down every time i dont thiink.

Why were you playing on Death March without saving for hours?

Why were you playing on Death March without saving for hours?

Yeah, teach me master! I save every 5 minutes and die every 3 minutes :biglaugh

If you do one wrong move in this game it's almost a death sentence. I was once casually strolling through the wilderness when a pack of level 1 wolves attacked. I made a crappy decision to attack two at the same time because they are level 1 and I'm the big bad level 6 witcher. They then proceeded to alternate attacks on me in a way that I could not dodge for 5 hits. I seriously lost my temper there "Oh **** you! This is not Killer Instinct and you're not ******** Sabrewulf to do a 5 hit combo on me!"

i just had a glitch happen, seems as if i was stuck in combat without being in combat. i was able to fast travel apply oils but saving and meditation was disabled i had to reload a previous save to fix it. luckily i didnt really lose any gameplay, 15 mins maybe.

i dont use the suspend resume feature at all. if im not playing a game i will quit it and stop it running. im not sure what caused this since its happen while im playing it.

anyway just keep an eye out. if you cant meditate or save for no real reason just reload a save soon as. the less game time you lose the better