Monkey Island 2: Le Chuck's Revenge to get a release on Live in the future??

I honestly think that this is on the horizon for a few reasons.

1. Check out the screenshot in the link which is taken from the Monkey Island: SE trailer: http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/1874/monkeyl.jpg

What does that artwork look like to you? It looks very similar to the Guybrush from Monkey Island 2, with the long captain's coat and beard. Why would they draw Guybrush looking like a pirate for MI1, when the whole story of MI1 is about Guybrush wanting to BECOME a pirate, plus the developers wanting to be very very faithful to the original.

2. 'Guybrush Threepwood will Return'. I know this is probably sort of a nod to James Bond, but why would they put that comment on the X360 version, if there is no chance of no more Monkey Island games being released on the X360? They could of went with the original end message of 'Now Turn off you computer and go to sleep'.

Maybe 'Tales of MI' is coming out on the X360? Or maybe MI2?

Lastly, although I'm not clued up about the ins and outs of sales figures, but according to the MI Leaderboards, there is currently 28,000 people on the leaderboards, which for the first 5 days of sales, is very positive. During an E3 video interview with Gamespot, they guy playing said depending on sales, there is a possibility of other Lucasarts games getting the SE treatment, from MI2 to Grim.

After playing MI1:SE, I'm really hoping they remake MI2: LCR for Live!. Fingers crossed people!

That concept art of Guybrush is from "Tales of Monkey Island".

Nontheless I do hope Monkey Island 2 does come out on XBLA, I mean, Secret of Monkey Island has sold well so far and Lucasarts is bringing the old SCUMM games (Indiana Jones, Grim Fandango, etc.) to Steam. So I'd say there is a good chance of Monkey Island 2 being released in the near future.

Grim Fandango is one of those games that a lot of people missed, and would love the opportunity to play it.

I think with the demand out there for it, if it's possible to do so, they'll re-release it on X360, PC and PS3.

But for me, Monkey Island 2 holds a special place in my heart, and is still one of my favourite P&C adventure games. I played that game on my Amiga, with my best friend during my 7 weeks of school. First starting with the Lite version, and then the full blown version. Numerous times I had to get disc replacements (it had 13 floppy discs!) due to a few of the discs not working and getting errors, and a few calls to the Lucasart phone line for tips.

It was superb!!!! I'd love to play MI2 in full HD like the MI:SE. Please Lucasarts...make it happen!

i just finished it last week on PC,i had it for so long but never played it,in the end i got it installed and played it all

really good,and the graphics still look great

apparently though it didn't sell as well as expected and was somewhat the cause of Lucasarts originally stopping with the adventure games..strange

from Grim Fandango wiki page

The game received positive reviews, which praised its artistic design and overall game direction in particular. Grim Fandango was selected for several gaming awards at the time of release, and is often listed in publishers' lists of top games of all time. However, the game has been considered a commercial failure, which partially led LucasArts to terminate their adventure game development, contributing to the decline of the adventure game genre.

With Lucasarts releasing a huge pack on Steam for the PC, maybe they could just release the games as a pack for 800-1200 points on the X360 with the most popular ones (Sam and Max, Day of the Tenticle, Full Throttle), but then keep some special ones for a re-release SE like Monkey Island.

For them to put MI2 on the arcade would be a godsend. I remember playing that game as a younger lad endlessly. ALWAYS on it and ALWAYS replaying it. Even after the game guide and knowing it by heart I was still on playing. It will always hold a special place in my heart and for me to play it on the 360 would be amazing. God they just need to put all the classic P&C on

i just finished it last week on PC,i had it for so long but never played it,in the end i got it installed and played it all

really good,and the graphics still look great

apparently though it didn't sell as well as expected and was somewhat the cause of Lucasarts originally stopping with the adventure games..strange

from Grim Fandango wiki page

It was more of a final nail in the coffin than the sole reason. Adventure game sales had been going down pretty steadily. I think Grim Fandango just made it clear that the audience for quality games had moved on... and so they shifted into making sub-average Star Wars games.

Glad to see how things have changed. I don't want to oversell these recent events, but this resurgence has been the best thing I've ever seen for gaming... possibly ever. It's been such a joy to be able to get more Sam and Max... which lead to more Monkey Island... I can't wait to see what's coming next! I had really given up on ever seeing these games again, and now that they're back I'm reminded of just how much I've settled for the games I've been playing since.

I can imagine the guys at LucasArts seriously considering remaking another Monkey Island game, this one has sold really well, so doing another one would certainly be beneficial (financially) for the company.

There's a quote out there where they said they'd consider re-releasing more special editions based on how well this one sells. Whether that's another Monkey Island or a different franchise like Maniac Mansion is anyone's guess, but I'd put money down that we'll see more from LucasArts. They've learned their lesson it seems. We've got straight ports of old games up on Steam right now (The Dig, Indy and the Last Crusade, Indy and the Fate of Atlantis and Loom) and they've put the remake of Monkey Island up on Steam and on the iPhone. I think they've seen that they've got a huge fanbase that's been dying to get ahold of these games for a while.

There's a quote out there where they said they'd consider re-releasing more special editions based on how well this one sells. Whether that's another Monkey Island or a different franchise like Maniac Mansion is anyone's guess, but I'd put money down that we'll see more from LucasArts. They've learned their lesson it seems. We've got straight ports of old games up on Steam right now (The Dig, Indy and the Last Crusade, Indy and the Fate of Atlantis and Loom) and they've put the remake of Monkey Island up on Steam and on the iPhone. I think they've seen that they've got a huge fanbase that's been dying to get ahold of these games for a while.
That's good news about the quote.

To be honest I'd love to see some of their old games remade entirely like with Monkey Island, I can't even face playing some of them these days because of the graphics and the lack of general detail.