One good season does not a title challenge make.

And yes, both Mancs and Chelsea have the worst fans. I actually don't mind either set of Liverpool's fans ('Puddle and Everton).

No, but I think we'll challenge again. Speaking of, I still can't believe people think Chelsea will come anywhere near. It baffles me.

All three sets of fans are atrocious, but the City fans are getting worse and worse the more they win stuff. They're now the worst of the bunch. Everton fans are okay, but they do live up the nickname "Bitters". Every single thing Liverpool does is scrutinised and commented on. It's as if they never win anything or do anything of note, so they have to pass judgement on things when we fail to--- Oh, right..... XD

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but I think we'll challenge again. Speaking of, I still can't believe people think Chelsea will come anywhere near. It baffles me.

Heres why I think Chelsea will win the league.

Goalkeepers

If you look at both starter (at the moment Courtois) and back up (at the moment Cech) no team in the world has better.

Courtois is arguably only behind Neuer as the best keeper on the planet.

Defence

Ivanovic and Azpilicueta are two of the best all round full backs in the Premier League. Both are fantastic both defensively and offensively.

I have no idea why people dont rate Ivanovic and think Luis should start and Azpilicueta move to RB. The guy is quality.

Cahill has come on leaps and bounds in the last two years. John Terry is still a superb CB and a serious asset in the dressing room. The guy is a born leader.

Midfield

Insane depth. Easily the best in the league. Matic is a great holding player and the arrival of Fabregas adds unmatched vision and creativity. Hazard is one of the best wingers in the world, Oscar on his day is one of the best no10s in the world and Schurrle was a huge asset to Germany coming off the bench at the WC and will really add something to the team this year. He also has a fantastic work ethic

Forwards

They finally have a goal scorer. Something they have lacked since Drogba left. Diego Costa could get 30 goals this season. Even though Drogba wont play much having him back at the club will see him offer a ton of advice and experience to the likes of Costa.

I know they have had an easy start, but they have comfortably won their opening games without getting out of 2nd gear.

To me Costa and Fabregas will be the difference between last years 3rd place finish and them winning it this year.

Heres why I think Chelsea will win the league.

Goalkeepers

If you look at both starter (at the moment Courtois) and back up (at the moment Cech) no team in the world has better.

Courtois is arguably only behind Neuer as the best keeper on the planet.

Defence

Ivanovic and Azpilicueta are two of the best all round full backs in the Premier League. Both are fantastic both defensively and offensively.

I have no idea why people dont rate Ivanovic and think Luis should start and Azpilicueta move to RB. The guy is quality.

Cahill has come on leaps and bounds in the last two years. John Terry is still a superb CB and a serious asset in the dressing room. The guy is a born leader.

Midfield

Insane depth. Easily the best in the league. Matic is a great holding player and the arrival of Fabregas adds unmatched vision and creativity. Hazard is one of the best wingers in the world, Oscar on his day is one of the best no10s in the world and Schurrle was a huge asset to Germany coming off the bench at the WC and will really add something to the team this year. He also has a fantastic work ethic

Forwards

They finally have a goal scorer. Something they have lacked since Drogba left. Diego Costa could get 30 goals this season. Even though Drogba wont play much having him back at the club will see him offer a ton of advice and experience to the likes of Costa.

I know they have had an easy start, but they have comfortably won their opening games without getting out of 2nd gear.

To me Costa and Fabregas will be the difference between last years 3rd place finish and them winning it this year.

Firstly, John Terry is not now, nor has he ever been a superb CB. Nor is he an asset in the dressing room. He is a bad player, and a bad person.

Neither keeper is the best in the world, at all.

I'll give you Schurrle and nothing else. He is an exceptional player.

Their strike force has improved, but only because Torres is finally leaving.

Why people continue to back Chelsea is beyond me. Bunch of horribly minded, selfish players, classless, negative manager, and a fanbase that is a skidmark on the boxer shorts of life. Awful club with no real history behind it until Abramovich came in.

Oh you know it will happen.

What's your guys thoughts on the Di Maria signing?

No doubt he's a great player but he looks far too lightweight for the Prem. He likes tricks too so that will get him doubly kicked :p

He's a great player, but he's SO not what they need. If van Moyes... Gaal, sorry, wants to stick with three at the back, he needs centre backs that can do that, and wing backs that are actually wing backs.

Though, personally, I hope he just buys more players for one position, like he has today, so they continue to slide down the league.

He's a great player, but he's SO not what they need. If van Moyes... Gaal, sorry, wants to stick with three at the back, he needs centre backs that can do that, and wing backs that are actually wing backs.

Though, personally, I hope he just buys more players for one position, like he has today, so they continue to slide down the league.

Well all these Man U fans are claiming that with this one signing Van Moyes will revert to his "favoured" 4-3-3 formation...

Now if that really is his favoured formation why not use it?

Didn't have the right players for it? If Young can't start as a winger(his natural position) how does he start as a wing back???

Beggars belief.

After the Di Maria fleecing... Sorry, signing. Papers are saying Man U will sign Vidal for 34mil :p

Edit: MK Dons 3-0 up!!! LMFAO :p :p :p

Edited by The Eddmeister

Well all these Man U fans are claiming that with this one signing Van Moyes will revert to his "favoured" 4-3-3 formation...

Now if that really is his favoured formation why not use it?

Didn't have the right players for it? If Young can't start as a winger(his natural position) how does he start as a wing back???

Beggars belief.

After the Di Maria fleecing... Sorry, signing. Papers are saying Man U will sign Vidal for 34mil :p

Edit: MK Dons 3-0 up!!! LMFAO :p :p :p

Yeah, cos Vidal wants to NOT play European football this year..........

Bv_fxj3IcAApZsV.jpg

I've been laughing pretty solidly for the last half hour. This has made up for last night.

I've got five live on; listening to all the Man U fans on the phone in. It's great :D

Why oh why didn't we find out about Giroud's injury earlier!? We could have robbed Balotelli off you lot :p

16mil is a right bargain. Sure he will bring some headaches, im sure he's matured a wee bit, but on his day he's almost unplayable. Couple that with an already good striker, Sturridge, you lot look pretty good up front.

Lucky buggers! :p

I've got five live on; listening to all the Man U fans on the phone in. It's great :D

Why oh why didn't we find out about Giroud's injury earlier!? We could have robbed Balotelli off you lot :p

16mil is a right bargain. Sure he will bring some headaches, im sure he's matured a wee bit, but on his day he's almost unplayable. Couple that with an already good striker, Sturridge, you lot look pretty good up front.

Haha. Believe it or not, you're not the first person to say that about Giroud!

Aye, we're good in attack, but we still need to shore up that defence. And get shut of Glen Johnson! I defended him last season, but he's not improved.

Haha. Believe it or not, you're not the first person to say that about Giroud!

Aye, we're good in attack, but we still need to shore up that defence. And get shut of Glen Johnson! I defended him last season, but he's not improved.

I seen online some Liverpool fans cheering Johnson's injury lol

Was he that bad?

Sky bet just said that 3 people had Man U to lose 4-0 tonight.

I think I know who they are: Van Moyes, Giggs & Evans :D

I seen online some Liverpool fans cheering Johnson's injury lol

Was he that bad?

Sky bet just said that 3 people had Man U to lose 4-0 tonight.

I think I know who they are: Van Moyes, Giggs & Evans :D

To cheer his injury is appalling, tbh. I'd never do that. But yes, he was awful. Gave the ball away all the time, and failed to close down.

Hahaha! :p

Whoever the lucky three are, I bet they're well chuffed with their winnings.

To cheer his injury is appalling, tbh. I'd never do that. But yes, he was awful. Gave the ball away all the time, and failed to close down.

Hahaha! :p

Whoever the lucky three are, I bet they're well chuffed with their winnings.

Yeah I don't condone that either. Wouldn't do it to a rival teams player let alone my own. People patience must have run out haha.

Supposedly they got odds of 250/1 so I bet they are chuffed!

I'm going to make a bold prediction right now!

We (Arsenal) will either sign Cavani (51Mil) or Falcao (12Mil loan)

Or

Some unknown up & coming French striker :p

I'd rather have herpes than Balotelli at Arsenal. Fucking liabilty and not much more prolific than Giroud. His injury should give Podi a chance though, who on his day is a world class striker. Dat left foot :woop:

If we're gonna sign anybody, I hope it's Welbeck. Should be available on the cheap and provides some muscle up front.

Can somebody please go post the result on DStyles' wall? I can't, it seems he's blocked me or something. Like to see his glory seeking cunt chops now.

Yeah I don't condone that either. Wouldn't do it to a rival teams player let alone my own. People patience must have run out haha.

Supposedly they got odds of 250/1 so I bet they are chuffed!

I'm going to make a bold prediction right now!

We (Arsenal) will either sign Cavani (51Mil) or Falcao (12Mil loan)

Or

Some unknown up & coming French striker :p

There's horrible fans in all teams, sadly. :/

Haha, worth a punt for a fiver. My money's on the Frenchie though. ;)

I'd rather have herpes than Balotelli at Arsenal. Fucking liabilty and not much more prolific than Giroud. His injury should give Podi a chance though, who on his day is a world class striker. Dat left foot :woop:

If we're gonna sign anybody, I hope it's Welbeck. Should be available on the cheap and provides some muscle up front.

Can somebody please go post the result on DStyles' wall? I can't, it seems he's blocked me or something. Like to see his glory seeking cunt chops now.

I honestly think that Wenger could have sorted Balotelli out. Puma wanted the deal done too, ah well. As for him being not much more than Giroud, that's only because he has a lot of off days. Just imagine, for a moment, a on his game Balotelli backed up by Özil, Carzola & Sanchez. That would have been formidable.

Giroud is a link up striker, he makes goals for the mids which is all well & good but Özil needs an out & out goalscorer to get the best out of him. Now we've got Sanchez I can see us getting a lot more goals but fucking typically we get a major injury.... Hope this new German physio knows his shit!

As for Podi, I really really really really hope he gets a chance up top for a run of games, he had the best conversion rate of our strikers last season & as you said, dat left foot hammer!

You think Man U will sell to us? If they would I wouldn't mind Welbeck, willing runner, hard worker just needs to work on his finishing.

Great post in the Plastic Fans thread Spanner :D

There's horrible fans in all teams, sadly. :/

Haha, worth a punt for a fiver. My money's on the Frenchie though. ;)

Aye mate there are. But for every bad'un there's 100 good'uns :)

I think if anyone was offered the choices I listed they'd all put a fiver on the Frenchie :p

Edit: The Mirror reporting that Giroud won't play again until 2015. God I hope they are making that up. My night was going so well too...

Edited by The Eddmeister

I honestly think that Wenger could have sorted Balotelli out. Puma wanted the deal done too, ah well. As for him being not much more than Giroud, that's only because he has a lot of off days. Just imagine, for a moment, a on his game Balotelli backed up by Özil, Carzola & Sanchez. That would have been formidable.

Giroud is a link up striker, he makes goals for the mids which is all well & good but Özil needs an out & out goalscorer to get the best out of him. Now we've got Sanchez I can see us getting a lot more goals but fucking typically we get a major injury.... Hope this new German physio knows his shit!

As for Podi, I really really really really hope he gets a chance up top for a run of games, he had the best conversion rate of our strikers last season & as you said, dat left foot hammer!

You think Man U will sell to us? If they would I wouldn't mind Welbeck, willing runner, hard worker just needs to work on his finishing.

Great post in the Plastic Fans thread Spanner :D

Aye mate there are. But for every bad'un there's 100 good'uns :)

I think if anyone was offered the choices I listed they'd all put a fiver on the Frenchie :p

Edit: The Mirror reporting that Giroud won't play again until 2015. God I hope they are making that up. My night was going so well too...

It was a fun post, hahaha.

Unless you're a Chelsea, United, or City fan. ;)

Ouch matey. Not good at all!

Btw, who was it that edited the tags for the thread to read the mancs got spanked? Genius, hahahahaha

Btw, who was it that edited the tags for the thread to read the mancs got spanked? Genius, hahahahaha

That would be me. How long before Louis Van Moyes is "pursuing his career elsewhere"? 3 competitive games, 2 losses 1 draw.... I'm loving this. A lot. I have a raging cupset boner atm.