1000 People Online: A Cautionary Tale

Guest CC99999

Guest CC99999

On February 10th I logged into NBA Live 2007 at 7:30 pm and went out to dinner with my wife. I came back at 9:30 and found out that I had the 1,000 online NBA Live 2007 achievement.

The holy grail of EA Sports Achievements. I admit, I was happy about it.

In what turns out to be XBox Live attempt #2, A360P was able to pull off the elusive achievement.

They did so without regard for the fine folks on this site who organized the same event for worldwide partnership on February 25th.

I made several attempts to A360P to get them to reconcile the date but they went ahead- and despite my disaproval of their tactics- which I thought would keep everybody from getting the achievement- I logged in and got it.

Everything was fine, until I started reading the forums:

Turns out, the massive effort didn't pay off for everybody.

I don't know how many folks got the achievement, but I believe many did not due to the selfishness of a few gamers who logged in, popped the achievement, and logged off.

At the core of the issue is the fact that I think most of the gamers who got on cared that other people also got the achievement. Many of these people will probably be back on the 25th as they see it as the last hope.

I'll do my part to help here as well. I'm going to organize my account and some friends to get it done here.

But understand, A360P's selfishness surfaced again and blighted those who worked together to get the achievement. Don't let it happen here, folks.

It's 1,000 people online - not use 1,000 people to get the achievement for myself- and then buggar off.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Applause. While I was not there (no Live, no game, etc.), I know the kind, and I have experienced the like in many online games where you need someone else for something to happen.

I hope you all get the achievement, and I hope that more people will stay. Someone was predicting that it would happen a while ago before the event began.

Just took a quick look over at MGC and there was only 149 people that had a full 1000 or 950. I'am sure there is more people that got it that are missing some of the other achievements, but there can't be 851 of them. That's not right.:mad:

Probably. Because atleast 1,000 people got that achievement last night, that is obvious (and there probably are more out there, and some of them probably reparticipated last night). I think quite a few people bought/rented this game just to help get the 1,000 (and for later when they want to get the rest of the 900 in the game).

Anyway, good luck again. I would rent the game to help, but I don't have the dough.

Just took a quick look over at MGC and there was only 149 people that had a full 1000 or 950. I'am sure there is more people that got it that are missing some of the other achievements, but there can't be 851 of them. That's not right.:mad:

I'm sure there are also people who got the achievement who aren't registered at MGC... Plus extra accounts people were signed in with.

I'm sure there are also people who got the achievement who aren't registered at MGC... Plus extra accounts people were signed in with.

Yes but not enough to make up the numbers to 1000. People were moaning on achieve360point forums saying they never got theres, EA have recieved letters and apparently will check their records to see who was online at the time and give them the achievement.

Either way, I'll be on for two hours, an hour before and an hour after so that as many people will get it as possible.

What can I say, it's my generosity. Lets hope a few others will follow the trend :D

Oh and remember, that some people may only have this one achievement like THIS PERSON. So the people with 1000 and 950 aren't the only ones ;) They are just the achievement whores :p

Well I think what we should do is have the admins set up lobby's on the day. Could name them X360A.org Room1, X360A.org Room2, etc. (good advertising;) ). I think each room holds 50 people. You could even have the abmins from each room take down the names of the people in thier room and have a draw for prizes or something. This way you could also maybe keep track of the members who are to get the site reward and the ones who get the achievement and bail.

I'll be on all night, it's about 6am for me, so I'll just stay logged on and set an alarm to check it every half hour or so.

Can anyone confirm that the extra account method works? Last time I had 3 profiles active on my 360, but I could only take one at a time through the EA sign up.

I'm at work right now (video shop) and I've been hassling every 360 renter about this for about a week now :)

Well I think what we should do is have the admins set up lobby's on the day. Could name them X360A.org Room1, X360A.org Room2, etc. (good advertising;) ). I think each room holds 50 people. You could even have the abmins from each room take down the names of the people in thier room and have a draw for prizes or something. This way you could also maybe keep track of the members who are to get the site reward and the ones who get the achievement and bail.

To be honest man, I was gonna try and do something similar to that anyway :D

But only 50 in a room :eek: We need more admin :p