NEW Brute Force Spreadsheet

Kibblre

Since some ass keeps deleting our progress, I took the liberty of reverting back and saving a copy. If you want to participate, leave your email here. This way, whoever edits will have their email shown and will be removed. If anyone wants to get in from other sites, you can tell me their email along with a link showing their posts so I can see they actually want to be a part of this.

Leave your emails here and I'll add you and PM the link to you. Since it's 12:42AM at the time of posting, I won't get around to adding people until the morning.

That seems a bit broken though. As one guy on GameFAQs pointed out:

"There's a big problem with that page : http://fez-monolith.heroku.com/

We're supposed to enter the first sentence completely, then only the last input of the following.

But there's an example where I think we all didn't see it, then pressed "No red cube" :

UP RT A RT UP DOWN RT

RT A RT UP DOWN RT UP

A RT UP DOWN RT UP LT

RT UP DOWN RT UP LT A

RT DOWN DOWN A RT UP DOWN

UP DOWN RT RT DOWN A RT

DOWN DOWN A RT UP DOWN RT

DOWN A RT UP DOWN RT DOWN

A RT UP DOWN RT DOWN RT

UP DOWN RT DOWN RT A RT

The line 5 doesn't follow the previous line.

So we'll enter "UP RT A RT UP DOWN RT UP LT A DOWN RT RT DOWN RT RT" while it's completely false...

Who's the developper of that page ? I'd like to tell him..."

I'll help with the spreadsheet aswell though.

Email is

johnwalsh85 at gmail dot com

anyone else getting a "sorry. something went wrong" message when trying to click any of the buttons on that site? seemed like a good way to do it, and i'm putting all the codes in individually, because of above reason, but i can't log my progress.

i dropped out of it anyway. 7 button input doesn't make sense to me. i know what people have said. red herrings, that's all. look at the reverse of the map. convince me the other side wouldn't look the same with a logical argument that doesn't contain hearsay.

urgh, i really don't trust that information, but i have a spare half hour or so. i'll PM you my address.

EDIT: even with trying the codes twice this is going quite fast. couple more people would be nice.

Edited by mas4mune

I never trusted the information from Treyher (and yes, 7 inputs seems a lot less likely than 8). But people have been insisting, and it would only take 52,000 inputs to rule out his "hints". Unfortunately, people keep trolling the effort and the applet (while cool!) seems buggy and is probably causing sequences to be missed.

If you disregard everything Treyher has said, but assume no left/right (which seems reasonable to me), the uber-ultimate list is 390k long. That's certainly crowd-sourceable, except for the trolls and people who don't really understand how this works.

Oh well. I'm sure we'll figure it out eventually. :drunk

Snap, regardless of the information we've received, the privatizing of a spreadsheet is proving effective at the moment. So far, all I've gotten on this sheet is more claimed rows; no deletions or trolling attempts of any kind have yet to surface. If we do eventually attempt to try all possible 390k permutations, it would be to selectively crowd source it like I am doing with this sheet.

Dammit... if I'd have stayed up and put another hour of effort in, I'd have been the one to find it. Booo. :D

Anyway, now we're done - but what does it do? I expected some big fanfare upon going back to the heart room inside the tree, but nothing's happened... it's just there, floating. Going to finish the game again now and see if anything new happens...