Stuck on Reclaimer [Legendary Solo]

AmpleSteak

So far this is the second time i've bothered to actually finish a Halo game on legendary, last one being Halo 3 which wasn't half bad on co-op but now doing it solo on Halo 4 i've never been so frustrated. The other levels are doable you just need to sit back, strategize and pick off enemies one at a time, but this level is making me wanna pull my hair out... I hate how there are so many enemies in vehicles they take forever to kill and are almost 1 shot insta kills for yourself...

I'm about a third way through the level and for some reason it gave me the worst checkpoint possible... I got out of the guass warthog and got a checkpoint, thinking all of the enemies had died. All of the sudden two phantoms come out of nowhere and drop 4 ghosts and 2 wraiths leaving me to be instantly killed almost every time i load my checkpoint... Any tips on how to do this i've died probably 20 times in this same spot and exercised all my options... I try going on the elephant and using the turret I get blown to bits in a matter of seconds, wasted all my rocket ammo on earlier parts, and I have no warthog to use to kill them... Any tips or should I just restart this annoying mission again.

Wow, that really sucks. Have you used up all of the sniper ammo that's on the mammoth? If not and if you can get there you could try using that to snipe the wraith gunner and maybe destroy a ghost or two, which might give you enough breathing room to kill everything else with the turret.

Yeah, but its not facing the direction of the wraiths and ghosts can you detach them? I didn't really look into it, gonna try for a few more times... Would hate to play this level again from the beginning.

Gimme a sec, you're gonna love me. I'll edit this post.

Edit: Here you go, just be careful not to let what happened to me at the end happen to you and try to kill the wraiths first.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMr3a_VcDKY]Baby Let Me Blow Your Mind Tonight - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Ty-Rex

Wow, that really sucks. Have you used up all of the sniper ammo that's on the mammoth? If not and if you can get there you could try using that to snipe the wraith gunner and maybe destroy a ghost or two, which might give you enough breathing room to kill everything else with the turret.

Wow, thanks for the tip it actually worked, didn't realize I still had sniper ammo . Also, i'm having trouble trying to hijack wraiths for that achievement... Seems everytime I try it only gives me an option to plant grenade or melee the crap out of it.

Wow, thanks for the tip it actually worked, didn't realize I still had sniper ammo . Also, i'm having trouble trying to hijack wraiths for that achievement... Seems everytime I try it only gives me an option to plant grenade or melee the crap out of it.

EMP the wrait with the plasma pistol overcharge, the board it and punch until the hatch where the driver sits opens, then get off and EMP it again but this time jump on top of it and shoot or punch the driver to death.

what i found made this level a piece of cake was Jacking the very first wraith that you need to fight (right before you pick up the locater) then keep it until the part where Lasky metions the upcoming area being too dangerous and needing to seal up the Mammoth (trust me i've tried the game won't even let you keep it if you manage across the acid streams). actually stealing the wraith can be a pain but once you have it the rest of the level is cake

what i found made this level a piece of cake was Jacking the very first wraith that you need to fight (right before you pick up the locater) then keep it until the part where Lasky metions the upcoming area being too dangerous and needing to seal up the Mammoth (trust me i've tried the game won't even let you keep it if you manage across the acid streams). actually stealing the wraith can be a pain but once you have it the rest of the level is cake

Wich part are you talking about? I also hijacked the very first wraith you encounter on that mission when you gotta get the tracker (not sure how it's called) but I managed to keep it until the part you're going on the covenant ship. I just drove into the little river you encounter after that part if this is the part you're saying you can't keep it.

yeah after you take out the big ship you have to board back on the mammoth because the game forces you to once leave the ship (i actually spent about 45 minutes working my way across the damn streams once and then the game literally despawned the wraith while i was in it), but it makes everything up to that part a piece of cake, the other wraiths at the generators, and the endless ghost drops leading up to the ship are simple with it

There are wraiths before and after the Citadel (underground forerunner emplacement)

Just to give you a heads up, pick up a plasma pistol before going into the Citadel (forerunner structure), you'll need it after you warp back to the battlefield. Once you warp, forget the all the UNSC vehicles and run to the incline ledge directly in front of you. The wraith you see there does not have a turret gunner, only just the cannon operator. Jump and hit it with an overcharge. When you jump on it make sure it say "hit x to operate turret", will cause the cannon elite to jump out. This video will demonstrate what I am saying.

Sorry Im new to posting on here so I dont know to embed the video but heres the link. Best way to hijack wraith

Wich part are you talking about? I also hijacked the very first wraith you encounter on that mission when you gotta get the tracker (not sure how it's called) but I managed to keep it until the part you're going on the covenant ship. I just drove into the little river you encounter after that part if this is the part you're saying you can't keep it.

I just finished that mission and jacked the first wraith and kept it the entire time until the covenent ship as well. I stayed behind the mammoth the whole time using it as cover to take out all the covenant.

Best method for stealing the Wraith is to take out the gunner first. Then emp with plasma pistol. Jump into the turret, this will make the driver jump out of his seat. Then just shoot him with the turret. No need to jump on and punch the Wraith as stated elsewhere.

EMP the wrait with the plasma pistol overcharge, the board it and punch until the hatch where the driver sits opens, then get off and EMP it again but this time jump on top of it and shoot or punch the driver to death.

Why damage the tank by punching the hatch off? Especially on Legendary. Snipe the gunner, EMP the tank, hop in the turret. The driver will get out and you can kill him with the turret, then get in the driver's seat.

this didnt seem to work for me. the wraith just kept bombing me. i had to get one of the marines to drive. and what made it worse was my passenger died really early on so i had no rocketeer in the passenger seat.

only took me about half an hour though

Hell, the wraiths didn't give me much trouble even without hijacking the first one. I ran around the right side, grabbed the locator device, used it on the phantom, grabbed the empty ghost, and drove to the mammoth no problem.

For the shields, I used the ghost to destroy the enemies in the first zone BUT didn't destroy it. The ghosts will hardly ever go in after you, so plasma pistoled one, destroyed the driver, and repeated for the next ghost. As for the wraith, I just skipped it and focused on the device.