Master difficulty

larky78

I'm finding master difficulty more like impossible difficulty. I never shy away from completing a game on its hardest difficulty but battles on solo and survival solo are impossible!

I would give it a little time until folks start coming out with effective strategies. The survival missions should definitely be done in co-op. Also, I think the trait cards and some of the higher level rank unlocks will help make these a little more manageable.

see? from one of the guides:

On the Ball 15

Complete any Survival mission on Master difficulty within 35 minutes

Map: Hoth

CO-OP SURVIVAL

Difficulty: Master

Load out: E-11's

Rogue Card Pack (The one they offer)

When you spawn, immediately turn around and go into the doorway right behind you, then proceed to your left and into the room that has a collectible.

There are two indentations in the room for a little hideout, on the right and left, both people need to sit in these little indents and look down the hallway that you came from. This is the only area enemies can come from. You are going to want to consistently use your cards, (Barrage and the Thermal Detonator) to shoot down the hallway to either kill or wound the enemies before they even reach the room.

The types of enemies that will come down the hallway are:

Standard Imperial Soldiers

Heavy Imperial Blaster Soldiers

Cloak Shock Blaster Imperials

Drones, Jump Pack enemies, and snipers will not go down to the room you are hiding in.

Our strategy was to sit in this room and kill everyone that came to us, and when we had the drones, snipers, and jump pack enemies we would go back down the hallway to the little T intersection, and kill everyone else, while still having enough cover.

When the AT-ST spawns on round 5, you should have a drop pod sitting around the map somewhere, wait for the AT-ST to go inside (if the drop pod is outside) or vice versa if the drop pod is inside. Capture it and one of the drops should be a vehicle turret, place it somewhere in the center of the map to kill the AT-ST.

The Drops you are going to NEED are Blaster Cannons. You can set it up in the room and it makes this whole process a breeze as the blaster cannon causes the enemies to fall to the ground (When you hit them) allowing you to kill them before they even have a chance to shoot at you. Make sure to claim drop pods during rounds that have droids, just leave 1 alive and just run around the map avoiding it and getting the power-ups for future rounds.

Round 15 is the hardest, but not that hard all-together. Do what you have been doing and when there are just a handful of enemies left, which will be snipers, drones, jump pack enemies, and an AT-ST use the strategies you have been using before to take them all down.

I would have this achievement, but my partners game kept crashing at wave 15, not allowing us to earn this achievement. So I should have it soon, but we were also able to do all of this within 35 min, for that achievement as well so it kills two birds with one stone.

I have completed all of the Missions Solo Master difficulty. They are all pretty easy, the hardest is Tatooine Battle (Not Hero). They each take about 5-6 minutes. If anyone needs a hand I can show them how to do it. Might make some videos today.

The survival modes on the other hand. Hard is easy enough, I did one just running around with no strategy... But I think I will need a good partner for Solo Master with not deaths... wtf lol. There will be a trick though. If anyone is willing to help figure out how to do this that would be awesome.

My gamertag is OmikroN,

Flick me a message if you are interested.

I've made a video of the Battle on Hoth on Master Difficulty and I'll hopefully make more very soon!

Tips are in the description

Battle of Tatooine -

Battle of Tatooine as Hero -

Thanks for that dude!!

Btw; in order to finish them with the enemy scoring less than 40 points you need to uncheck FRIENDLY AI SOLDIERS (once you select the faction you want to play with), otherwise it would be almost impossible to get all 5 stars in each mission.

I've made a video of the Battle on Hoth on Master Difficulty and I'll hopefully make more very soon!

Battle of Tatooine -

For completing Battle of Hoth (Hero Battle) do the same thing this guy did in his Battle of Hoth video but use Leia, it's ridiculously easy as you can heal yourself. I even got all 5 stars on my first try!

Anyone know of Strategies for the Survival Mode lvls in Master difficulty? Those ones are the real challenge!

I've only completed the one on Endor so far...

there are some videos out there.. hoth is probably the easiest to do.. you can move into that back room (where the first collectible is) with a turret and just camp in there with a partner. You'll only have to go out if there are droids or jump troopers as they won't path in for some reason.

tatooine seems to be the hardest.. there's no real cover. couldn't even beat that one on hard

the other one.. i forget the name, the lava level.. there's cover around the hanger you can hide behind and just pick stuff off as it comes.. use the laser cannons for the at-st's when they are in the lava field. ion cannon as a card is useful as well

the battles don't seem to be that bad really.. for hero's just use princess leia and use her heal ability (RB). I did the hero battle on the lava level in about 7 minutes on master this morning. don't use any AI soldiers

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/11/19/an-incredibly-stupid-way-to-beat-star-wars-battlefront-s-survival-mode-on-endor.aspx

Being a topnotch FPS player doesn't just require catlike reflexes and perfect aim – you also need to be an expert strategist and tactical planner. That, or you can hide in a log like a pair of idiots.

Battlefront's co-op survival mode pits you and a friend against 15 waves of increasingly challenging enemies, and on Master difficulty your fight for survival can feel quite unfair. Lucky for you, Reiner and I have devised a foolproof* method for staying alive in the Ewok-inhabited forests of Endor. The verticality of Endor's tree-hut village can make engaging the enemy a pain, but not if you follow our ingenious AT-AT Ass Log StrategyTM, expertly employed by Reiner and I in the video below.

there are some videos out there.. hoth is probably the easiest to do.. you can move into that back room (where the first collectible is) with a turret and just camp in there with a partner. You'll only have to go out if there are droids or jump troopers as they won't path in for some reason.

tatooine seems to be the hardest.. there's no real cover. couldn't even beat that one on hard

the other one.. i forget the name, the lava level.. there's cover around the hanger you can hide behind and just pick stuff off as it comes.. use the laser cannons for the at-st's when they are in the lava field. ion cannon as a card is useful as well

the battles don't seem to be that bad really.. for hero's just use princess leia and use her heal ability (RB). I did the hero battle on the lava level in about 7 minutes on master this morning. don't use any AI soldiers

Thanks for that dude! Just got the achievement of not dying in Hoth.

• 2 months later...

Battle of Tatooine -

When you die in the videos the empire only get 5 points when they pick up your "death token" whereas on Master difficulty it has always been 20. (And I've been playing since release so know that for a fact). So something fishy going on there! Same with the videos in post above, going to check this week how many they pick up on your death for each difficulty

Edited by Spookyville

• 1 month later...
When you die in the videos the empire only get 5 points when they pick up your "death token" whereas on Master difficulty it has always been 20. (And I've been playing since release so know that for a fact). So something fishy going on there! Same with the videos in post above, going to check this week how many they pick up on your death for each difficulty

Don't the enemies get five tokens when they defeat you as a normal trooper but 20 when you're a hero?

• 2 weeks later...