Good SNES Games, The List.

Pez

I'm thinking of compiling a list of good, possibly the best, SNES games. I will be compiling this list off of the input of you guys.

The reason why I'm compiling this list, is because I just managed to bag a bargain SNES from a car-boot sale (£4.00), and am planning on starting a collection of games.

If you're going to suggest a game, then please state a reason why, and if you think a game doesn't deserve to be on the list, then also state a reason why.

Here's what we've got so far:

- Actraiser.

- Alien 3.

- Bahamut Lagoon.

- Battletoads.

- Battle Cars.

- Blackthorne.

- Boogerman: A Pick And Flick Adventure.

- Brain Lord.

- Breath of Fire.

- Breath of Fire 2.

- Castlevania: Dracula X.

- Chrono Trigger.

- Conta III.

- Cool Spot.

- Donkey Kong Country.

- Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.

- Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble.

- EarthBound.

- Earthworm Jim.

- Earthworm Jim 2.

- E.V.O. Search for Eden.

- Final Fantasy II (4).

- Final Fantasy III (6).

- Final Fight.

- Gradius III.

- Illusions of Gaia.

- Killer Instinct.

- King of Dragons.

- Kirby's Dream Course.

- Kirby's Superstar.

- Lagoon.

- Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

- Lost Vikings.

- Lufia: The Fortress of Doom.

- Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals.

- Mario Paint.

- Megaman X1.

- Megaman X2.

- Megaman X3.

- Mickey's Magical Quest.

- NBA Jam.

- Ogre Battle.

- Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

- Saturday Night Slam Masters.

- Secret of Evermore.

- Secret of Mana.

- Star Fox.

- Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

- Sunset Riders.

- Super Castlevania IV.

- Super Mario All-Stars.

- Super Mario Kart.

- Super Mario RPG - Legend of the Seven Stars.

- Super Mario World.

- Super Mario World 2.

- Super Metroid.

- Super Punch Out!!

- Tales of Phantasia.

- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time.

- The 7th Saga.

- Top Gear.

- Zombies Ate My Neighbours.

Whatever games you suggest with a reason will be added, and whatever games you want removed with a reason will go. Fire away!

Oh, and fear not, for I shall be visiting this thread for every day that I am available.

~SS

Edited by Pez

Here we go.

• Cowboys
  • Damsels In Distress
  • Bubble Bullets
  • Horses
  • Multiplayer
  • Awesome Bosses
  • Awesome Levels
  • Awesome Gamplay
  • Memories Of When I Was Little

:woop:

Here's the story as told by Wikipedia.

The game, which is set in a fanciful version of the American Old West, revolves around four bounty hunters who are out to claim rewards given for eliminating the most wanted outlaws in the West. There is no true "storyline" aside from collecting progressively larger rewards. At the beginning of each level the player is shown a wanted poster, showing the criminal, the reward for stopping them, and the cliché line "Wanted dead or alive".

• 3 weeks later...

Man, one my favourite games for the SNES is King of Dragons by Capcom.

It's one of those ever so popular back in the SNES days medieval Final Fight kind of games (most of which were released by Capcom) but it is by far the best ever!

There's 5 characters to pick from (Dwarf, Warrior, Paladin, Mage and Ranger) and you just run around levels killing enemies, and fighting bosses.

One of the best parts about the game was that it included a level up system which was based on your points score and that every now and then you upgraded your weapon and shield. The best part about getting the new weapons and shields were that they actually changed the graphics on the sprite (which back in the day you didn't see much of). The game just kicks ass.

• 3 weeks later...

Alien 3 - Yes it's a movie game, but it was a surprisingly fun, mission based game. I played it for months.

Battle Cars - The best of the Mario Kart rip-offs. Sort of Mad Max on a race track type game. Thats all I can really remember of it, but it was fun.

Brain Lord - A pseudo-RPG, it was more of a puzzle game then anything. You didn't level up your character, you simply won gold for beating enemies. You just bought better armor. Not one of the best RPG's, but it deserves to be mentioned.

Ogre Battle - The best RPG/stratagy game that never got a sequel. It was impossible to find when it came out, and you would have to pay a mint to get a copy now I bet.

Saturday Night Slam Masters - A Capcom-made wrestling game, that could be played by 4 people simultaneously. It had characters based on real wrestlers (The Great Muta, Vader) and also had Haggar from Final Fight. This was the best multi-player game for the SNES.

Super Punch Out!! - The update to the NES version has 16 boxers and kicks alot of ass. A clown, old man with cane and a nazi poster boy. Plus alot of the character from the original. I loved this game.

The 7th Saga - Another RPG that really deserved a sequel. You pick one of seven characters, then you compete against those you didn't pick to complete the quest before they do. You can team up with some, but others will try to steal from you. It's a fantastic game if you can find it.

• 3 months later...

- Killer Instinct - Awesome fighting game (if you've never heard of it).

- Super Castlevania IV -- hey, it's Castlevania

- Contra III - If you're into the old Contra games

- Battletoads (I think it was Battlemaniacs...) - very fun beat em up game.

- NBA Jam -- crazy 2 on 2 basketball

- Final Fight -- I'm pretty sure the SNES version was only 1 player, but it's still fun

- Romance of the Three Kingdoms -- There were a few on the SNES I think. They're strategy games based on the same time period as Dynasty Warriors.

- Actraiser -- kinda tough to describe this one. It's a platformer with kind of a god-sim element.

• 1 month later...