Most Frustrating Game

AmpleSteak

Honestly i'd have to say this is one of the most frustrating 360 games i've ever played... Got the game because I had an awesome time playing soul calibur 4 but this game is completely different in almost every day. The difficulty and steep learning curve are ridiculously frustrating. I hate how slow paced and lackluster the battles seem... Some of the trials make no sense whatsoever. I don't know what the game is trying to tell me when the joy stick symbol for a move is in a zig zag... Seriously you want me to zig zag my joy stick to pull off a move? Other times the computer is autoblocking the move your trying to pull off... This game makes me want to do nothing but rage and wish I could somehow take it off my gamercard. Anyone have any ideas on how I can actually learn how to play this game, I hate how there is barely any tutorials other than trials to help you get a hang of this game.

• 1 year later...

The "zigzag" motion you're talking about is the Shoryuken motion. It's basically forward, down, down-forward on the stick and has been a standard fighting game move for decades. Almost all 2D fighters use that motion. The only way I can think of to get better is to watch videos of high level play to understand most of the basics. The game is extremely technical and isn't geared toward casual players. Personally I don't really like SF4 because it's a little too technical for me, unlike MvC which has very fast combos and all around fast movement. Perhaps you should try UMvC instead? It's a much better gateway fighter as it's a lot easier with only 4 main attack buttons.