DoW II strategies Discussion

Do you have any good strategies for the Space Marines, Orks, Elder, or Tyrinad? well post how you would prepare for every match.I will start us of off. I use the Tech Marine a lot who is a defensive guy. So i have my team capture as many Power nodes as they can, I cap any VP's I can, and from there I set up shop. Build Lots of turrets, and just wait. I still Pump out units got to do other things, but my main focus is always the first VP we cap.

I used to do tech marine a lot, but kept loosing, so I switched to offensive.

As soon as the match starts I move my commander and recon squad to the victory point, and immediately construct a heavy bolter squad to lay down suppressing fire. Then, once I get the adequate requisition I build assault marines and await the enemy counter-attack.

It works well against other space marine commanders, but not against eldar or tyranid, which can pretty much simply overwhelm me.

Well I´ve only used nids online so far.

But I always go with the ravanar, the aoe damage you can pump out later is really nice and the tunnels help you responding quickly to threats across the map.

I usually start of swarming with some simple gaunts, lots of them. After a few minutes I pump out some warriors with adrenal glands for some heavy melee damage and vehicle killing.

If I have the resources a lictor, basicly just for commander hunting, and turrets.

Also spore mines! These might seem useless but people are scared of them, one game some enemy warriors kept running away for my mines. I just attack-move clicked them and they where running around all over the field for the rest of the match.

And ofcourse if the game goes on long enough the carnifex shows up.

With the ravaner just make a network of tunnels that way you can use your whole force at one defensive point and quickly move them across the map to counter a new threat. And with nids, swarming is key.

Also just another general tip here , retreat!. Always retreat when things go for the worse, this way your enemy will not get the points for it. In the nids case biomass. This way you prevent the nasty abilities from popping up all over the place.

Edit: Also i forgot all about synapse for the nid players. For a quick overview look link >> here << This is a link. Its a great website for the other armies aswell. Learn some stuff and use the synapse will make your force atleast twice as effective.

Also dont forget to reenforce retreated squads at the hq, and bind your hotkeys!

Edited by J1nXxX

For Orks The only way to play is as one big horde. Any orks on their own get wasted so quickly.

What i do is get Kommando due to his shootgun which is awsome and he can go invis so you can nade supresser units. Then use 2 sets of shoota boyz and 2 slugga boyz and equip flamas and big shootas, with this you can pritty much just walk over any opposition and T1.

With this all done and you teammates doin OK then you should get to T2 quickly as your not looseing units as much.

Then when you get to T2 get a wartruck to replenish any killed boyz in the field and get 2 tankbustas who can take out any dreednorgt etc.

From there your set just go around with a big group and capture VP and anything else you want. But watch out for Orbital Strikes etc cos they can take out your whole army in one. But as long as you stay on the move you will be ok.

I surgest any tactic you wanna use to try it out on a custom game first to avoid any Losses on your tally.

I hope this has been helpfull and i hope you wont kick my ass with it online

Just developed an easy but noobish way to play eldar.

What you do is first go collects as many rec/power nodes and get two shuriken cannons to defend a point.

Then wait until you can tech up and once you have get as many wraithlords as poss and give them a range of upgrades and basically go around the battle field desroying the enermy muhahahaha.

Its best to do this with the Warp Spider Exarch cos once you clear out a VP or node you can teleport in and take it quckly

However it only really works agains SM cos they cant react quickly enought until its too late.

The problem is that nids can overwelm you with upgraded Warriors and Orks have tankbusters which kick ass.

Bassically watch out cos anyone with any skill will adapt quickly but hopefully you can overwellm them with Wraithlods quick enough and the set up.

Good luck and dont use this against me plz