How to run on the water longer successfully?

Tamil Shinobi

I always seem to struggle running on water over a certian amount of time.

It seems the bar automatically drops to red so you fall into the water, it doesn't matter how hard or fast I hammer down the X button. Naruto still falls flat into the water.

I managed it only twice and that was getting to Sasuke secret room and Neji's Hide and Seek mission to retrieve the last explosive tag in the alcove where Sasukes room is located.

So what is the successful way of running longer on water without tripping.

Because I'm really struggling with Kiba's race where the race starts off running on water and I never make it to the other side.

Don't say hammer down X as fast as you can as it doesnt seem to work.

Can someone please tell me the technique behind successfully running on water longer.

• 2 months later...
I may be remembering completely wrongly, but aren't you meant to keep your balance on the water by tapping Left trigger if your bar falls to the right and Right trigger if it falls to the left?

I may be mixing it up with the original game I suppose, and I haven't played either in a while.

You do that for bridges with Naruto.

Anyway, I finished the last Kiba race yesterday and I still fell into the water at the start. It just happened to spawn me on the island. Best I can say is tap X until you are almost in the red until the game decides that the bar is just gonna go into the red on the left no matter how fast you tap and hope you are close enough on the island to where it will put you there after you fall into the water.

Also try not getting "stuck" under the bridge. Basically if you are going under the bridge and you don't just go under it automatically but instead have to move over a little or something you probably aren't going to make it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
You do that for bridges with Naruto.

Anyway, I finished the last Kiba race yesterday and I still fell into the water at the start. It just happened to spawn me on the island. Best I can say is tap X until you are almost in the red until the game decides that the bar is just gonna go into the red on the left no matter how fast you tap and hope you are close enough on the island to where it will put you there after you fall into the water.

Also try not getting "stuck" under the bridge. Basically if you are going under the bridge and you don't just go under it automatically but instead have to move over a little or something you probably aren't going to make it.

I might try it again if this is the case. It really seemed like I had no chance of ever making it, but if all I have to do is get close then there's a chance. It's not like it's my last achievement to complete the game, but I appreciate all achievements I can get.

• 3 months later...

For Kiba's last race, if you walk on water until you get the second marker and fall in the water, you have time to run across the bridge that you would have to walk over, follow that to the right where there is another shore where you can walk over, climb up the wall, and then jump down to get back on course.