LoveFilm Games Rental (UK only)

Hudson888

Just activated my free trial today. When will my games come through the door? :D

EDIT : Wow, I am seriously the biggest douche ever. Is there a different procedure I have to go through to rent games rather than films? Cos I ain't paying 14 quid a month for no films xD

Edited by jj1993

I recently upgraded my lovefilm account to a movie & game package. I pay just under £10 and can hire as many movies or games as I want in 1 month, providing there is only 1 at home at any 1 time. But I mean I wouldn't want to hire a game for a whole month, if it was lengthy then I'd just buy it on ebay.

My first game was a faulty disc with chips and scratches in the middle of the disc. This was annoying, but I got a replacement disc and my next title within days, so that was okay.

Just activated my free trial today. When will my games come through the door? :D

EDIT : Wow, I am seriously the biggest douche ever. Is there a different procedure I have to go through to rent games rather than films? Cos I ain't paying 14 quid a month for no films xD

When chosing the free trial yes you have to select games. You cant go back and change it so you are kind of screwed I think.

As long as you have lots of games (about 15) but you would have to do movies if you have a movie one. The select them and the day after selected they will arrive if sent out the day selected.

Definitely going to give Boomerang's free trial a go once I finish getting through my most recent batch of pre-owned games, renting would really boost my card and save me a ton of cash.

I'm sure it'll sound like a stupid question, but is debit/credit card the only way of renting with these or can it be done via cash/cheque in post? I must be the only sod alive who still doesn't have a card, so it'd be easier if I could post rather than set up an applicable bank account (I have an ISA, so no cards).

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread again, but I've got a quick question:

Is there anyway to check whether they have a particular game in stock? The reason I ask is I really want F1 2010 and have it as my only high priority title. I want to know whether if I put this in a list by itself they should send it out to me or not.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Sorry to bring up an old thread again, but I've got a quick question:

Is there anyway to check whether they have a particular game in stock? The reason I ask is I really want F1 2010 and have it as my only high priority title. I want to know whether if I put this in a list by itself they should send it out to me or not.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Bit late now maybe, have been away from the forums for a little while.

If the title has a green emblem it should be sent pretty quickly, yellow means the game is in demand but you may get it fairly quickly and red means the title is unavailable at the current time unless your on the priorety membership.

Hope this helps if you still needed an answer.

Bit late now maybe, have been away from the forums for a little while.

If the title has a green emblem it should be sent pretty quickly, yellow means the game is in demand but you may get it fairly quickly and red means the title is unavailable at the current time unless your on the priorety membership.

Hope this helps if you still needed an answer.

Where is this emblem you are talking about? Can't see it anywhere

Where is this emblem you are talking about? Can't see it anywhere

Yeah i'v never noticed an emblem either, only thing I'v seen before is "Low demand" or something like it next to a few titles I had on my rental list (just looked but of course theres nothing now)

Only little complaint with love film is the awaiting dispatch message seems to stay longer that it should but I'm talking a day max.

Overall lovefilm are very good and I'v had free disks send out I think three times now, just for adding titles when they ask, I rarely have less than 10 in my lists, one moves one for games.

Yeah i'v never noticed an emblem either, only thing I'v seen before is "Low demand" or something like it next to a few titles I had on my rental list (just looked but of course theres nothing now)

Only little complaint with love film is the awaiting dispatch message seems to stay longer that it should but I'm talking a day max.

Overall lovefilm are very good and I'v had free disks send out I think three times now, just for adding titles when they ask, I rarely have less than 10 in my lists, one moves one for games.

Yeah i keep getting those free rents as well i think you get them everytime you refer someone to lovefilm as well as the free month they give you.